Options

Is Christina Marie genuine or very well media trained?

13»

Comments

• Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina and her family came over as lovely people on the voice louder today.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina and her family came over as lovely people on the voice louder today.

Yeah and she did a video on her YouTube channel answering questions and seemed like a sweet girl. Not that she has come across badly on the show IMO. She cried the first week and then got very excited on the second week, what an awful person. Sadly there are always people so quick to judge. It's irrational.
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the impression that Christina doesn't really know what to do with herself when she's not singing. Her "messing about" as people call it is probably a combination of nerves and feeling like she should be doing something instead of sitting there like a lemon.

She said in her VT that she was a bit of a loner at school, and having been like that myself, I can imagine she probably feels quite awkward in a sort of "social" situation e.g. standing up in front of the coaches after performing, talking to Marvin in front of all the other singers and the audience etc.

In her VTs, she seems very comfortable and more relaxed with her friends and family, and with Ricky.

I think she's just a bit awkward and nervous, and is overcompensating.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    I get the impression that Christina doesn't really know what to do with herself when she's not singing. Her "messing about" as people call it is probably a combination of nerves and feeling like she should be doing something instead of sitting there like a lemon.

She said in her VT that she was a bit of a loner at school, and having been like that myself, I can imagine she probably feels quite awkward in a sort of "social" situation e.g. standing up in front of the coaches after performing, talking to Marvin in front of all the other singers and the audience etc.

In her VTs, she seems very comfortable and more relaxed with her friends and family, and with Ricky.

I think she's just a bit awkward and nervous, and is overcompensating.

Perfectly put, I don't see how people can't get this. I bet if it was a man it would be different. Women are so easily judged and put into boxes on these shows, it's hilarious and very unfair.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no denying she has a fantastic voice, however her theatrics after the performance, and when getting through, along with how she communicated with the judges, she seemed very well media trained. It just didn't seem genuine to me. It led me to consider is her personality really genuine, or is this just some sort of act to gain vote. This is The Voice, not X Factor so we judge on her voice, not personality, but to me there could be another side to her.

I love Christina's voice and I personally think that she is totally genuine. I hope that she wins!