Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    What I will say is that he is a good manager if what you want is success as often he will deliver that - but boy am I glad we have BR who also delivers success but manages to do it with some class, integrity and dignity respecting opponents and the game along the way - unlike JM

Amen to that. We really seem to have struck gold with BR. Long may it continue. :)
  • Options
    South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,381
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leemuir wrote: »
    BR knows how to react to JM'S "mind games" having worked under him at Chelsea :D. He know's what they're all about

And I bet that really winds Jose up :D:D
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I bet that really winds Jose up :D:D

I don't really have anything to add, but your username really reminds me of this!
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Will Brendan buy a brand new map of Europe for next season,or will he buy a not needed bargain 2nd had one from David Moyes ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    Will Brendan buy a brand new map of Europe for next season,or will he buy a not needed bargain 2nd had one from David Moyes ;-)

Maybe he can buy a translator too, so I can understand this post:confused:.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Earlier today I seen people on Facebook talking about the DM releasing a story about Diego Forlan telling Suárez to sign for Man United. Turns out Forlan said this about 4 years ago when Luis was at Ajax, but the DM released it as a new story.

And now this little beauty:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/04/09/exclusive-liverpool-sensationally-plan-on-signing-manchester-united-star/

Linking us with Patrice Evra. :p
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Earlier today I seen people on Facebook talking about the DM releasing a story about Diego Forlan telling Suárez to sign for Man United. Turns out Forlan said this about 4 years ago when Luis was at Ajax, but the DM released it as a new story.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/04/09/exclusive-liverpool-sensationally-plan-on-signing-manchester-united-star/

I looked at that today, forget what I was looking for, but the confusing thing is that what ever story you look at it always has today's date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »

I had to check today's date there.
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea’s title clash at Liverpool could be moved as Jose Mourinho at last finds help at hand from the Premier League fixture planners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2600692/The-Happy-One-After-Jose-Mourinhos-moans-Premier-League-Chelseas-fixtures-aid-European-quest.html
  • Options
    Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the bib theory is anything to go by, then the starting XI for this Sunday is:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge.

Interesting that it looks like they'll go with Coutinho, was sure that they'd put either Allen or Lucas in midfield.
    Obviously it's not the definite line up, but this whole bib theory is quite often correct.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    I probably would have expected Allen in ahead of Coutinho to add a little more in the middle, but I wonder if BR is seeing that City haven't been brilliant recently and we do have a chance to just go all out and overpower them. We have proved we can win matches inside the first 20 minutes. Maybe that will be the approach against City.
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    I probably would have expected Allen in ahead of Coutinho to add a little more in the middle, but I wonder if BR is seeing that City haven't been brilliant recently and we do have a chance to just go all out and overpower them. We have proved we can win matches inside the first 20 minutes. Maybe that will be the approach against City.

Against Southampton, especially in the first half, Man City looked slow and lethargic, David Silva aside. Lallana, Schneiderlin and co dominated the midfield, if we can do the same with our pressing high up the pitch and get at them early, I'm sure there's goals in the game for us.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more confident of getting a result against City than I was going to Upton Park. Probably because there's less pressure, in the sense that there's no 'shame' in dropping points to a team like City. Even if it would be equally as damaging to our title challenge.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Poor Migs in his purple kit. :D
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    Chelsea’s title clash at Liverpool could be moved as Jose Mourinho at last finds help at hand from the Premier League fixture planners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2600692/The-Happy-One-After-Jose-Mourinhos-moans-Premier-League-Chelseas-fixtures-aid-European-quest.html

That's always been the case though. The Daily Fail reporting it's because of his moaning is a load of rubbish - the PL always accommodate a 3-day gap where possible so it's been no secret that one of the fixtures will swap to the 5.30pm slot on the Saturday should Chelsea have reached the next round.

2.05pm on the Sunday or 5.30pm on the Saturday for our clash with Chelsea. Which one would people prefer? Does it actually make any difference?
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Had a look in the Club store & £50 for the short sleeve shirt, £55 for the long sleeve one :o i'll only buy it if we win the league as the Premier League patches will be Gold for the champions rather than the normal White patches.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Liverpool Trio Win League awards

Rodgers March Manager of the Month

Steven Gerrard & Luis Suarez Joint March Players of the Month
    http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-trio-pick-premier-league-awards-ahead-crunch-man-city-clash-14041186983
  • Options
    mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Liverpool Trio Win League awards

Rodgers March Manager of the Month

Steven Gerrard & Luis Suarez Joint March Players of the Month
    http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-trio-pick-premier-league-awards-ahead-crunch-man-city-clash-14041186983

Great news, lets hope they can keep it up and the curse doesn't kick in!!

How is everyone feeling about Sunday's game?? I must admit I am very nervous aswell as being very excited. I think I may spend half the game pacing about or watching it from behind the sofa!! I definitely think we can win the game, however I am obviously nervous about a number of their players Ageuro if he's back aswell as Toure and Silva.

I also think Man City will play Navas right wing and I think Flanagan will be in for a very difficult game. I also wonder if Rodgers will send Liverpool out to attack right from the get to as we have done against alot of teams at Anfield or whether he may play an extra midfielder such as Lucas or Allen, does he go with the diamond or the 4-3-3?

I'm already nervous and it's only Friday! I have no doubt the team will be up for it and Anfield will be rocking and right behind the team as always!
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

Ties to be played 22/23 April and 29/30 April.

I assume with Chelsea being drawn out 2nd that means our match against them wont be moved as they will be playing on Wednesday and not Tuesday?
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, lets hope they can keep it up and the curse doesn't kick in!!

How is everyone feeling about Sunday's game?? I must admit I am very nervous aswell as being very excited. I think I may spend half the game pacing about or watching it from behind the sofa!! I definitely think we can win the game, however I am obviously nervous about a number of their players Ageuro if he's back aswell as Toure and Silva.

I also think Man City will play Navas right wing and I think Flanagan will be in for a very difficult game. I also wonder if Rodgers will send Liverpool out to attack right from the get to as we have done against alot of teams at Anfield or whether he may play an extra midfielder such as Lucas or Allen, does he go with the diamond or the 4-3-3?

I'm already nervous and it's only Friday! I have no doubt the team will be up for it and Anfield will be rocking and right behind the team as always!

Im nervous and excited too. It should be a good game for the neutrals, who I'm sure will enjoy it more than us fans of both teams. Man City will come to win but we have the quality to win. If we play as well as we did in December, then we should win. I think Man City haven't been great recently. Against Arsenal in the 2nd half, they looked tired and they should have won that game comfortably based on form heading into it. Last week, against Southampton, they looked jaded again. Southampton dominated possession and only due to the offside goal, they would have got a deserved draw. The offside goal ruined the momentum. We should have won in December but for a referee mistake so if Clattenburg can hold his nerve in this blockbuster clash, then we are perfectly capable of winning.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member

I assume with Chelsea being drawn out 2nd that means our match against them wont be moved as they will be playing on Wednesday and not Tuesday?

I think Chelsea will play Wednesday-Tuesday, it's position in the fixtures that determine the day you play on, Chelsea were drawn out in fixture 2, so our game against Chelsea will be moved to Saturday 5:30pm, swapped with Man Utd v Norwich game..
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As soon as the dates are out with who plays when, so long as Chelsea play their 1st leg on the Tuesday and 2nd on the Wednesday we still play them on the Sunday and they swap their Sunderland match with the Hull Arsenal one for the Saturday. If they play 1st leg on the Wednesday and 2nd on the Tuesday then we swap with the Man Utd Norwich game and will play them 5.30 on the Saturday.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    promo-only wrote: »
    As soon as the dates are out with who plays when, so long as Chelsea play their 1st leg on the Tuesday and 2nd on the Wednesday we still play them on the Sunday and they swap their Sunderland match with the Hull Arsenal one for the Saturday. If they play 1st leg on the Wednesday and 2nd on the Tuesday then we swap with the Man Utd Norwich game and will play them 5.30 on the Saturday.

Chelsea game second match out so it will probably be Wednesday, Tuesday so can see your game being moved to the sat
This discussion has been closed.