Options

[Game] The Mix Factor 5: Live Show #8

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That was obvious. However, I hate when that happens as it makes the sing-off feel pointless :(
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what can I say? That was a glorious sing-off battle from the both of you, LOVED the song choices here. :D Dami, it's no secret that you didn't have a good night earlier but that song choice gave me exactly what I felt was missing earlier and for me, it was your best performance of the Series so far, so truly amazing. Rikke & Trine, this is your third time in the sing-off, but you have survived before. Your song choice for this battle was even far much better than before and I really liked it.

So I'm at a crossroads here, but based on the sing-off battle and the fact that one act really came back fighting for me, the act I am sending home...is Rikke & Trine. :(

I wasn't sure if it was going to deadlock, but I had my mind made up before you asked me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Steve :)
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Right well...I think R&T are gone tbh. But I'm glad I got to use Susanne for them. They would have been epic next week with Same Difference though as I have the perf artist in mind...if only Alex was here he'd have been gushing...:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, I think Dami' s gone.
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And for the umpteenth time this series, the judges have failed to reach a majority vote, thus forcing a DEADLOCK.

Out of these two acts, the act that received the fewest votes and will therefore leave the competition in 6th place is:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The spoiler tags coming in full force I see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(DAMI IM :(

Commiserations to Pingu, who loses his third act and is down to a single act now. Dami has been an amazing contestant over the course of the series and you have mentored her brilliantly. Besides, you still have a shot at winning with Steph don't you?

Congratulations to Roxie and Rikke & Trine though, who seem to be the Katie Waissel or Misha B of this series - the act that survives a LOT of sing-offs. Regardless, we will be seeing you next week!
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Which one?

Well it was actually Kitty Brucknell herself who picked it not me but the M83 & Susanne Sundfor song was used as her Celebrity duet on The S Factor but I doubt Roxie even saw it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww I'm really sad :(

I do feel like I have mentored her really well and she ermmm....deserved a place in the top 5 :cry:

Well done Rikke & Trine and Roxie though :) I really wish Kev had been here for the sing-off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww commiserations to Dami who I thought did so brilliant. :(

R&T, you need to bring it back for the next show so the public don't regret it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WHAT? :eek: How on earth is that possible...thank you so much to the viewers...:cry: I can't believe they've survived three sing offs - all at deadlock!!! Oh my GOD.

Commiserations to Dami - I may have been her toughest critic but nevertheless well done to her for getting this far. I did save her over Marco for a reason. Well done to Pingu.

Thanks so much to everyone who voted - my groups and I will bring it back in style next week I can guarantee you that. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Well it was actually Kitty Brucknell herself who picked it not me but the M83 & Susanne Sundfor song was used as her Celebrity duet on The S Factor but I doubt Roxie even saw it :p

Oh so Roxie stole a song aswell :o:(:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No comiserations to me then, Roxie? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No comiserations to me then, Roxie? :(

Lol I edit my post to try and avoid clumping the topic. There's your comis - you've done a fab job anyway Pingu with her. But as everyone says it only takes 1 to win. And who knows what'll happen now? :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, commiserations to both Inbal and Dami who have been great contestants.

Roxie is now guaranteed an act in the grand final by the way. This is Jakk steamrolling series 3 all over again! :o

Now, who wants the theme for the quarterfinal?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lol Paul's right - I hardly ever watch any other XF games. Susanne Sundfor was Alex's NTA act anyway and that's how I got to know about her in the first place. ;-)
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Susanne was mentored by Alex in the last series of NTA and that song was used as the winners single, so everyone on the forum pretty much knows about the song even before Paul used it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol I edit my post to try and avoid clumping the topic. There's your comis - you've done a fab job anyway Pingu with her. But as everyone says it only takes 1 to win. And who knows what'll happen now? :kitty:

Aww thanks. I do think I have mentored her really well. Better than Tom even in VS Factor(No offence to him :p) and tbh, I was running out of ideas.

And I know. My Steph is here to stay and I guess it's better for me and Kev, as you have 6 songs to collect :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well look on the bright-side, there's now a 60% chance of a group leaving on the next show. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww I'm really sad :(

I do feel like I have mentored her really well and she ermmm....deserved a place in the top 5 :cry:

Well done Rikke & Trine and Roxie though :) I really wish Kev had been here for the sing-off.

I could say the same thing for last week too. ;-) Stereo Hogzz definitely deserved a place in the top 7 lol and Kevin's rankings had to be used instead during that sing off. I do admit it is rather annoying when someone doesn't turn up for the sing off but what can you do?

Anyways I think R&T's sing off warranted the spot. :p But again you did a fab job with her Pingu!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and we now have no wildcards left and we won't get and Australian wildcard winner like the past 2 series. :(
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back, commiserations to both acts who left.

Pingu, for the record, I would have sent Dami home if I had been here for the sing-off as I felt that the girls had a stronger sing-off performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »

Pingu, for the record, I would have sent Dami home if I had been here for the sing-off as I felt that the girls had a stronger sing-off performance.

Oh okay, that's made me rest easier. Thanks :)

Thanks for loving Steph btw :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »

Perfect comment as always <3 :kitty: Thanks Kev!