Michael Ball on the One Show

2»

Comments

• Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    I thought he was married to Cathy "Queen Of The Mods" McGowan?

They're not married and do not have children, but are in a long-term relationship, or so he says.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    They're not married and do not have children, but are in a long-term relationship, or so he says.
    An online Thesaurus says for 'relationship' -- connection; friendship ;) so clearly what MB says is right! ;)
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How Cathy saved Michael's life when their house was on fire: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article2310473.ece
    Disaster struck before Christmas in 2001, when Cathy woke at 4.30 in the morning to a house full of smoke and couldn't find Michael.

She eventually discovered him asleep in another bedroom and dragged him out just in time.

:cool: Yes we've all slept in the spare room occasionally because of snoring or a fight, but equally, maybe this is their normal way of life.
  • Options
    winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    So what if he's gay? Doesn't make him a bad person. It's pretty obvious anyway. If he's happy and Cathy McGowan is happy, and they seem to be after all these years, so what?

I don't understand what the problem is. He became famous and others didn't? He has a lot of talent and some people don't like that? He's a bitch? Whatever, he entertains and fills theatres. I can't believe he's evil myself. And I'm not a particular fan of his.

Oh by the way, My OH said he sounded like Danny La Rue on The One Show, but his hearing is not good. Couldn't hear it myself, but wouldn't he, MB, make a good Danny La Rue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winenroses wrote: »
    So what if he's gay? Doesn't make him a bad person. It's pretty obvious anyway. If he's happy and Cathy McGowan is happy, and they seem to be after all these years, so what?

I don't understand what the problem is. He became famous and others didn't? He has a lot of talent and some people don't like that? He's a bitch? Whatever, he entertains and fills theatres. I can't believe he's evil myself. And I'm not a particular fan of his.

Oh by the way, My OH said he sounded like Danny La Rue on The One Show, but his hearing is not good. Couldn't hear it myself, but wouldn't he, MB, make a good Danny La Rue?
    Maybe if Andrew Lloyd Webber or another well known gay Cameron MacIntosh reads this, they'll keep MB in mind if they make a musical about Danny LaRue! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe if Andrew Lloyd Webber or another well known gay Cameron MacIntosh reads this, they'll keep MB in mind if they make a musical about Danny LaRue! :D

Yeah, you heard it here first. Perhaps we'll get tickets to the first night! :D
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I read years ago but couldn't find any reference to it online any more - how years ago MB was in a car accident that damaged his sex organs and in this old article I seem to recall that he said he found it very difficult now to maintain an erection these days.

Does anyone else remember reading this? I think it was in one of the Sunday mags.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know anything about that myself, but it's really interesting if true. He has a certain je ne sais quoi about him doesn't he? Maybe it's just the oven chips with tinned salmon juice!
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know anything about that myself, but it's really interesting if true. He has a certain je ne sais quoi about him doesn't he? Maybe it's just the oven chips with tinned salmon juice!

haha - much as I like MB I'm not going to indulge in this feast.

On the celebs who are gay thread I've just seen a post about him only having one testicle - maybe that is what I've (mis) remembered
  • Options
    Forum Member

On the celebs who are gay thread I've just seen a post about him only having one testicle - maybe that is what I've (mis) remembered

Yes, I read that just now. I shouldn't really but perhaps that accounts for his name. (Just the one). Ooh stoppit - I'll never get those tickets at this rate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ............Oh by the way, My OH said he sounded like Danny La Rue on The One Show, but his hearing is not good. Couldn't hear it myself, but wouldn't he, MB, make a good Danny La Rue?

Seeing the post above about Danny LaRue... I once saw him in a tight swimsuit and he didn't appear to have ANY testicles or anything else down there....!!! :D ... so maybe MB would be good at playing him!!!! :D:D

Who started this topic (and the other one) ....'cos it's a good laugh!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seeing the post above about Danny LaRue... I once saw him in a tight swimsuit and he didn't appear to have ANY testicles or anything else down there....!!! :D ... so maybe MB would be good at playing him!!!! :D:D

Who started this topic (and the other one) ....'cos it's a good laugh!!!! :D:D

Danny La Rue used to tape up his parts - or so I heard. Tucked them away.

I love this thread, too! :D
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Danny La Rue used to tape up his parts - or so I heard. Tucked them away.

I love this thread, too! :D

Japanese wrestlers do this, tuck their genitals inside them.Apparently they can draw them inside muscularly so as they appear to have no genitals, or maybe they just have little ones :D (Its' so as they dont get hurt in a fight).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You learn something new every day!

To paraphrase Norma Desmond: Japanese wrestlers were always big - it's the parts that got small(er). :o
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    He's moved on from the Palace to the White House. I believe he is with a Kennedy now. Goes by the name of Brian.
    Michael Ball is with My Wee Brian?

Sigh... I remember seeing Brian Kennedy sing about 20 years ago and I fell hopelessly in love. :( We would have had beautiful children with fantastic hair... and not so shabby singing voices!
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Idiotgirle wrote: »
    Michael Ball is with My Wee Brian?

Sigh... I remember seeing Brian Kennedy sing about 20 years ago and I fell hopelessly in love. :( We would have had beautiful children with fantastic hair... and not so shabby singing voices!

I saw Brian years ago. He was the warm up act at a Tina Turner concert. He was a real flirt with the ladies. I was surprised to subsequently find out he was gay.

Did Mrs Keating not return home one day to find Brian there Allegedly.:confused: I heard that rumour but don't know if its true. Yvonne subsequently trashed Rowan's car.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being gay doesn't stop someone flirting with the opposite sex. John Barrowman is a case in point!
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    I saw Brian years ago. He was the warm up act at a Tina Turner concert. He was a real flirt with the ladies. I was surprised to subsequently find out he was gay.

Did Mrs Keating not return home one day to find Brian there Allegedly.:confused: I heard that rumour but don't know if its true. Yvonne subsequently trashed Rowan's car.
    That's one of the great Irish celeb urban myths. Not true, but it surfaces every so often.:)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An online Thesaurus says for 'relationship' -- connection; friendship ;) so clearly what MB says is right! ;)

Well, as far as Mr B is concerned I wouldn't be surprised either way......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    One thing I read years ago but couldn't find any reference to it online any more - how years ago MB was in a car accident that damaged his sex organs and in this old article I seem to recall that he said he found it very difficult now to maintain an erection these days.

Does anyone else remember reading this? I think it was in one of the Sunday mags.

It was a parachuting accident I don't think he spoke about the accident it quite such a graphic manner, but it was clear it left him very ill physically and emotionally for some time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a shame. I feel bad about making light of it earlier. :o
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame. I feel bad about making light of it earlier. :o

To be honest winenroses, we all tend to forget that celebrities are just people sometimes.

The "one ball" thing might be another urban myth to be honest but the parachute accident is definitely no myth. It happened when MB was 19. It was a charity jump, his first ever jump and the parachute failed to open correctly. The accident caused massive internal injuries and resulted in six months in hospital and, I believe, many surgical procedures over the years. I have no idea about the precise details of the injuries but Michael has said in various interviews that the accident meant that he could never father children.