Options

Robbie to Nicole 'You still wear the same perfume'

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want them to get back together!

But perhaps they weren't very good for each other.

That's exactly why I don't think they should get back together, it's all stress Robbie doesn't need really. His current partner seems to have helped Robbie get his head back in a better place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Samsara wrote: »
    That's exactly why I don't think they should get back together, it's all stress Robbie doesn't need really. His current partner seems to have helped Robbie get his head back in a better place.

Sadly you are probably correct. I was in a moment of 90's nostalgia madness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Nicole a bit nasty to him, broke his heart? I'm sure he wrote a song about her too!
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Samsara wrote: »
    Robbie is better off with the girl he has, she's obviously very good for him, he looked great last night.

Never said he wasn't!! Just stated that I prefer Robbie over Liam!!!!
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Nicole a bit nasty to him, broke his heart? I'm sure he wrote a song about her too!

I know but it was all a long time ago, they have both moved on and have probably grown up alot since then as well, but there was no denying that they still had a lot of fondness for each other - and why not? All completely innocent and lovely to see, makes a change from the recent bickerings of KP &PA does it not?
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

Didn't she terminate his child?
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »

Yep, that's how the press ran with it - and supposedly Rob was devastated
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd take Liam over Robbie. He is gorgeous!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think there was still chemistry between them?

In case you missed it, in the ITV2 red carpet show for the Brits Melanie Blatt and Nicole Appleton were interviewing the celebs as they arrived. Robbie looked very surprised to see them there and when he went to kiss them he remarked on Nicole's perfume. She replied ' I can't believe you remembered' or something like that and then they gave each other one of 'those' looks - you know the sort I mean.

yeah there's a bit of chemistry there definitely. I thought they were really sweet...he treated her so badly back in the day and did say later on that he regretted it and lost her as a result. It'd be lovely if they got back together years later after having both grown up and settled into themselves more.
    She'd be mental to stay with that fud Gallagher much longer. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Nicole and Robbie being a couple for a long time. I thought they were going to end up getting married. What she saw in Liam I'll never know.
  • Options
    Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »

She did and then went on to tell the whole world about it in her book. Rob was very upset by that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    Never said he wasn't!! Just stated that I prefer Robbie over Liam!!!!

calm down love, I was just saying that Robbie is better off where he is and I agree with you re: Robbie over Liam
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    ...But does anyone know the name of the perfume?
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    This is the song that Robbie wrote for Nicole. It's called Win Some, Lose Some and is from his I've Been Expecting You album. The girl at the beginning is NA and I think her voice came from an answerphone message she left for him when they were dating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMwB30YHgds

If only Robbie still produced music like this...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who he wrote 'She's the One' for
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    He didn't write "she's the one"....Karl Wallinger did! It was a cover version.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought it was sweet he still remembered after that long apart.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are so many of you so quick to discount that Robbie actually still has a soft spot for Nicole?

They were together for years, he was on drugs and she got pregnant and was told to have an abortion by her boss, Robbie was said to be over the moon about them being parents too.

After their break up he wrote a song for her, If it's hurting you.. with the lyrics...

"You'll meet other men who will break your heart, if I see you with them it's gonna tear me apart,"

This was not just some fly by night romance, this was the real thing, in my opinion and no one has come close to Nicole, girlfriend-wise in Robbie's life, until Ayda, that to me, says it all.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was probably a bit of a choker for Robbie (at the time anyway) when she ended up with Gallagher, who is a complete idiot, IMO.

Still, people move on. They may still have an affection for one another but sometimes these things are best left to the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What can she see in Liam?
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    What can she see in Liam?

God knows - mind you I could never see what anyone sees in Robbie either..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    This is the song that Robbie wrote for Nicole. It's called Win Some, Lose Some and is from his I've Been Expecting You album. The girl at the beginning is NA and I think her voice came from an answerphone message she left for him when they were dating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMwB30YHgds

If only Robbie still produced music like this...

I think "You Know Me" is on a par.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    I wonder what it is?

Eau de Poonani :D
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    It was probably a bit of a choker for Robbie (at the time anyway) when she ended up with Gallagher, who is a complete idiot, IMO.

Still, people move on. They may still have an affection for one another but sometimes these things are best left to the past.

Especially when Liam called him 'that fat dancer from Take That' :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I always thought "Ghosts" from "Intensive Care" was about Nicole too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcA9sl_4Ihk