Never felt such empathy for a BB contestant..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
Forum Member
....as I did for Deana last night.

I have had my favourites over the years but I have never seen such a genuine display of remorse and sadness from any of them.

Deana was genuinely distraught.

I really can only keep on watching if I think she will ultimately win.

She has the most integrity and decency of any of them in there.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have had my favourites over the years but I have never seen such a genuine display of remorse and sadness from any of them.

I really do agree with this ... she has a genuine nobility ... if she is not the ultimate winner with the ultimate reward I honestly think that I shall run amok ... :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    I really do agree with this ... she has a genuine nobility ... if she is not the ultimate winner with the ultimate reward I honestly think that I shall run amok ... :mad:

Well the thought of you running amok brought a smile to my face!:D

I think I might join you and charge down my street with a bottle of cheap cider!!!!

Seriously though I do think she is a lovely person who strives to be good and succeeds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the thought of you running amok brought a smile to my face!:D

I think I might join you and charge down my street with a bottle of cheap cider!!!!

Seriously though I do think she is a lovely person who strives to be good and succeeds.

We shall have to PM each other and arrange a time and place for our amok-running ... if the worst comes to the worst ... :eek:

At least I shan't feel quite so alone in my madness and misery ... :)
  • SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched the repeat and I felt bad for her again..and really mad at Adam..had to explain to someone else watching that Adam was being a fool and had really let me down..she said nothing wrong,and he reacts like that...LukeA as well ..suddenly realised what Deana had been saying all week that the others were ganging up...Luke A and Adam were very happy to laugh it off the night before (when they thought Deana was the target)...:(
  • zanecootzanecoot Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    If only you two could find some colleagues with red, orange, yellow, green and blue in their names! :)
  • Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been that keen on Deana, I felt rotten for her having to deal with Connor and I realise she's a strong woman and is dignified but Ive noticed at times she tries to rile certain people against others.
    When she first entered the house she seemed unfazed that she was going to have to put people up for eviction, I thought at the time she seemed far too unconcerned about the prospect of doing something so callous, although I know when it came to it she found it hard.....yet she strikes me as remote and unconnected and I cant take to her
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched it properly and I must say that I thought Deana's pep talk to Luke A was genuine, honest, and kind

I don't understand why she is being held to account for something that :confused:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    I've just watched it properly and I must say that I thought Deana's pep talk to Luke A was genuine, honest, and kind

I don't understand why she is being held to account for something that :confused:
    I thought so too.

I really liked her in the DR last night. It was so refreshing hearing her say 'I'm so ashamed.' In all my years of watching Big Brother, I don't think I have ever heard any HM say that before.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    I've never been that keen on Deana, I felt rotten for her having to deal with Connor and I realise she's a strong woman and is dignified but Ive noticed at times she tries to rile certain people against others.
    When she first entered the house she seemed unfazed that she was going to have to put people up for eviction, I thought at the time she seemed far too unconcerned about the prospect of doing something so callous, although I know when it came to it she found it hard.....yet she strikes me as remote and unconnected and I cant take to her

I flipflop between liking Deana and not trusting her. My first impression of her was pretty much as the HL part of your post above. I thought 'Shilpa Shetty mk 2' in fact.

Sometimes I like her, other times I think she's playing a huge game (eg saying Luke S was making her look bad for the cameras, planning to trap Lauren, her inexplicable friendship with the appalling Caroline and the vapid Sara).

Last week she was in my top 4, now she's not because I'm convinced she is playing both sides ie being friends with the outsiders but also friends with Caroline and Sara who are both friends/admirers of her arch enemy Conor. She now seems to have a mutual agreement with these 2 girls not to nominate each other as well as with the genuine outsiders.

I may well like her again next week but the doubts keep comng back.
    Forum Member
    zanecoot wrote: »
    If only you two could find some colleagues with red, orange, yellow, green and blue in their names! :)

Me old brain's not what it used to be.

Explain please! :confused:
  • zanecootzanecoot Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Me old brain's not what it used to be.

Explain please! :confused:

You would have a complete rainbow of colours :)
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I felt exactly the same Louise. She's head and shoulders above the rest of them in there IMO.
    Forum Member

The first night I found her too reserved and distant.

I could not work her out, but have come to think she just has a cool way with her.

I don't think there is any game play - I think she is just very self possessed and strives to be decent - qualities which I wish I had myself!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I thought so too.

I really liked her in the DR last night. It was so refreshing hearing her say 'I'm so ashamed.' In all my years of watching Big Brother, I don't think I have ever heard any HM say that before.

Arron said it last year regarding Maisie, a couple more have too, I'm sure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first night I found her too reserved and distant.

I could not work her out, but have come to think she just has a cool way with her.

I don't think there is any game play - I think she is just very self possessed and strives to be decent - qualities which I wish I had myself!!!

she has played a few housemates off each other, so she's not completely trustworthy for a start
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder she is ashamed caught out bang to rights, insinuating the same four would keep noming her, they are out too get me:eek: and she's not even up this week, LOL:D
    Paranoia would annoy ya!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I thought so too.

Luke A has picked up a mountain of shit on here for saying just that on two separate occasions.
    Forum Member
    she has played a few housemates off each other, so she's not completely trustworthy for a start

I have never seen that.

I had no TV for several days before I got installed with sky. Can you give me just one example where she played someone and I will honestly try to get my head round that.

I just find it hard to envisage.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems like a nice girl. I felt for her too.
    Forum Member
    Arron said it last year regarding Maisie, a couple more have too, I'm sure
    Did he? Well, I liked him too.
    Forum Member
    Luke A has picked up a mountain of shit on here for saying just that on two separate occasions.
    Really? How so?
  • clarence12clarence12 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I read this thread, it has cheered me up no end. People are discussing Adam's reaction but Deana felt really bad about the way her friends took it, and I would also like to stick up for Luke A slightly here.

He could have stayed with Adam who is his best mate but decided to stay outside with Deana and console her, she asked him to come back out too when he was going inside for the mugs and he said he would. Its nice he didnt take sides and could see her point. People are saying he sided with Adam but we dont know, from what I saw, he was trying to mend things and supportive to both sides. He could easily have just stayed with his bessie but showed her support.

In an age of cynicism, misanthropy and egotism, its easy to knock the events that unfolded, but I believe the actions of Deana and Luke A spoke volumes about their character
  • sav666sav666 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said, agree entirely
  • SertiusSertius Posts: 269
    Forum Member

I am a true Deana fan and genuinely want her to win. But I am also a realist. All of the contestants, including Deana, went into this low brow show for a reason. It was either the money, the fame, the expeirience or some other reason that attracted them so I accept that my favourite person in there have their flaws, as we all do. More than this, I am all too aware of how the producers engineer what we see and hear in such a way as to distort our view of event timelines and sequences. So, I do not know what Deana was so distraught about and frankly do not care. Such have events been for her in there that she has every right to feel distought at times whether it be for herself or for others.

All the way with Deana!
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's acknowledged that all the housemates have messed up at some point. Deana's no exception.

But that doesn't stop us feeling compassion for them when we see them genuinely distressed.

She started off quite guarded and controled, but Deana is beginning to open up more and more and I find her displays of emotion and honesty rather endearing.

I feel the same about Luke A in the diary room - he's not afraid to show us his more vulnerable side in there. In the house, I feel as though he's trying to be strong for others (and not let the enemy sense any sign of weakness in him because he knows they'll pounce on it).