New Catch-Up

arrasarras Posts: 407
Forum Member
Just seen on the Sky website that the picture advertising catch-up with jonathon ross has Syfy, Universal & Disney Channel coming soon.

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    Just seen on the Sky website that the picture advertising catch-up with jonathon ross has Syfy, Universal & Disney Channel coming soon.

they are already there, in the library section.
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    they are already there, in the library section.

The library section isn't catch up though is it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The library section isn't catch up though is it.

it's part of the on-demand section.
    without seeing the advert it's not possible to say whether those channels were listed as part of "on demand" or "catch up".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's part of the on-demand section.
    without seeing the advert it's not possible to say whether those channels were listed as part of "on demand" or "catch up".

Here you go

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/on-demand/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it's a tad non-comital to be honest.
    doesn't specifically mention them other than the tiny logo in the graphic.

probably will be added at some point, when no specific date.
    H2 is also there and that only launched a few days ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree but it certainly looks like the intention is to add other channels as the page says 'Catch Up TV were adding new channels all the time'.
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member

H2 is already within the History tab (as was Military History)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Just a quick note to point out, that there is now a box sets tab which is a nice addition. On demand just gets better and better.
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    gdog35 wrote: »
    Just a quick note to point out, that there is now a box sets tab which is a nice addition. On demand just gets better and better.

Nothing new added as far as I can see, Box Sets just replaces the Library tab by the looks of it.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Deacon1972 wrote: »
    Nothing new added as far as I can see, Box Sets just replaces the Library tab by the looks of it.

Just noticed this as well. My box was in standby this morning as if an update had been done. Now noticed that the Library tab has gone and now called box sets.
    Forum Member
    Movies has also be renamed to Sky Movies
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good to have SyFy, Universal and Fox included in the catch up service.
    Forum Member
    It would be good to have SyFy, Universal and Fox included in the catch up service.

SyFy and Universal are coming to catch-up
    Forum Member

Yeah that's what I meant, the library section has gone...
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    SyFy and Universal are coming to catch-up

There is a lot I watch on Syfy so it will be good to have catch up.
    I like the silly films they show and have missed a few lately.
    So hopefully they get added.
    Forum Member
    There is a lot I watch on Syfy so it will be good to have catch up.
    I like the silly films they show and have missed a few lately.
    So hopefully they get added.

I hope they ad these next week..
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    www.sky.com/ondemandchange

"We're replacing the TV library in our On Demand service with a new section called TV Box Sets on demand. From 7 May, it'll only be available to customers with our brand new pack, Entertainment Extra+.

Don't worry - you can continue to watch any episodes from box sets you've already downloaded to your Sky+HD box. And you'll always find plenty to enjoy through On Demand including the UK's biggest Catch Up TV service, Showcase and movie rentals from Sky Store. "
  • djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ep1987 wrote: »

"We're replacing the TV library in our On Demand service with a new section called TV Box Sets on demand. From 7 May, it'll only be available to customers with our brand new pack, Entertainment Extra+.

Don't worry - you can continue to watch any episodes from box sets you've already downloaded to your Sky+HD box. And you'll always find plenty to enjoy through On Demand including the UK's biggest Catch Up TV service, Showcase and movie rentals from Sky Store. "

Cheers for this, I had wondered why I was able to download Game of Thrones season 1 the other day and when I tried season 2 on Wednesday it said I needed to upgrade.

Thanks for this post :)
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    ep1987 wrote: »

Something not right here, I'm on the full package and Box Sets is available to me.

Edit:

Just re-read the Sky info - This refers to those on EE+ as it's called TV Box Sets, I'm assuming the tab will just say Box Sets for those not on EE+.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something not right here, I'm on the full package and Box Sets is available to me.

Edit:

Just re-read the Sky info - This refers to those on EE+ as it's called TV Box Sets, I'm assuming the tab will just say Box Sets for those not on EE+.

No, it is called Box Sets for everyone. What it means is you need Entrrtainment Extra+ as a minimum. Those who are on the old HD pack still get box sets.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's in any way connected with the recent changes, but I'm getting some terrible lag on the On Demand section.

It's always been absolutely spot on but It's almost Virgin-esque now! Hopefully it will sort itself out soon.
  • octaneoctane Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Has the Sport archive been removed from Box Sets. There was previously an archive of sports, and Sky Sports was in the Channels section. I still have Sky Sports on the Catch Up.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    octane wrote: »
    Has the Sport archive been removed from Box Sets. There was previously an archive of sports, and Sky Sports was in the Channels section. I still have Sky Sports on the Catch Up.

It was removed from the library section a few weeks ago, maybe even a couple of months ago.
  • octaneoctane Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    KesterK wrote: »
    It was removed from the library section a few weeks ago, maybe even a couple of months ago.

Thanks. I hadn't used it since early April I think, and was browsing for it today. That is disappointing if they have dropped it. All part of the adding value to our subscriptions - not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    octane wrote: »
    Thanks. I hadn't used it since early April I think, and was browsing for it today. That is disappointing if they have dropped it. All part of the adding value to our subscriptions - not.

It's now in the Catch Up section of On Demand.