Options

If you type your name into Google images...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
Forum Member
✭✭
How far down the page do you come? My picture is the 34th one under my name - bafflingly, a picture of someone's knees comes before my face - proving, I guess, that my name is rather common and I am not very important. :o

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My face doesn't come up at all as I'm sensible enough not to allow webpages with my face and name on them be accessed by public search engines.

Side note, I heard searching your name within quotation marks gives more direct results.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »
    My face doesn't come up at all as I'm sensible enough not to allow webpages with my face and name on them be accessed by public search engines.

Side note, I heard searching your name within quotation marks gives more direct results.

Paranoid much?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No images of me. A photograph of a Kestrel I submitted to the BBC picture of the week contest is there.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no pictures in spite of not doing anything computerwise to prevent it.

I'm seriously less important than you Wonkey, obviously:D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i haven't found me yet, but I did find this which made me laugh :)

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-love-jason-watkins.png
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Put in first name and last name and no pics of me right to the bottom of the page, which I find quite reassuring.

There must be a well known angler with the same name as me, though. Lots of pictures of blokes proudly holding up large fish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    No images of me. A photograph of a Kestrel I submitted to the BBC picture of the week contest is there.

That's much more impressive than anything about me. :)
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    My image comes up 1st, 4th and then 19th! :D Though a lot of the images in between are from news outlets that refer to my name in the same article...

edit: Actually the one at 4th is the thumbnail for a video of an ITV interview with me!
  • Options
    Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I share my name with someone(s) famous so do not appear at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    My image comes up 1st, 4th and then 19th! :D Though a lot of the images in between are from news outlets that refer to my name in the same article...

edit: Actually the one at 4th is the thumbnail for a video of an ITV interview with me!

We are not worthy. Assuming you are not Rose West.

Oooh. I have gone further down the page and found a gravestone with my name on. That's not a very feel-good thing. :o
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    We are not worthy. Assuming you are not Rose West.

Wrong gender and not enough bodies in the basement!

I do have some exposure around these parts though :o
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I don't come up at all.
  • Options
    KennedyCKennedyC Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing remotely related to me and, since my name is unique, no one else with my name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    No idea.

Same same as someone famous so it's just pages and pages of pictures of them!
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I do it, I'm the first picture I see. It's a photo that was in the local paper on the single occasion I ever did anything newsworthy.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9th:eek:

Bizarrely there is a business called my full name.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowhere, despite having a not very common name.

I've managed to almost completely divorce my real life and my online life. I've got about 8 or 9 entries on regular Google search but that's just from people that I've done work for in the past but forgot to tell them any of the pseudonyms I prefer to use for online credits.

Luckily I have the same name as an up-and-coming college footballer in the States so his results keep knocking mine further down the list all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Wrong gender and not enough bodies in the basement!

I do have some exposure around these parts though :o

Well known flasher then?
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no picture of me, under my real name, not many pictures of me online anywhere, dont always want to put my real name to where I post, never mind my picture
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I don't come up at all, but what is really spooky is the amount of pics of Ian off Eastenders.....considering I am not male and called Ian or Adam :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how embarrassing

I used to be a camera-man on Bollywood films.
    Now i'm a snake-oil new age empowerment guru
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    No results for me, though there seem to be quite a few criminals with the same name as me. Lots of mugshots come up, even some FBI wanted ones! My name on here is the first result on Google though. My actual name doesn't return any results for me on the first 10 pages. Lots of attention seekers in the US have the same name as me.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I don't come up at all, but what is really spooky is the amount of pics of Ian off Eastenders.....considering I am not male and called Ian or Adam :D
    I got some EE pictures come up under my real name, based on some comments I left on a more professional website (for TV and the broadcast industry generally) under my real name.
  • Options
    gem2626gem2626 Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    My profile pic from myspace comes up 5th. Should probably do something about that so it doesn't.