Lady Gaga - G.U.Y Discussion Thread (Merge)

Rams_LordRams_Lord Posts: 268
Forum Member
Hey guys,
Dateline NBC has confirmed that Gaga is releasing the video for GUY this saturday at 8am EST. What do you 'guys' ;-) think about the third single, smart choice? There is pretty much no competition next week for her, could she make it her fifth No.1 single in the UK?

Rate the gaga 80 votes

Brilliant!
41%
ScottishWoodyOff_the_hook13Chrissy 2005Lisa.Bglyn9799mikwrickster1995[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]gmphmac[Deleted User]MrJamesRob1985[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]MissMusiqueLeightonismeGagaKeshaMinaj 33 votes
Good
20%
Hit Em Up Styleurt31boddism[Deleted User]Anika Hansonxfactorfan27d56scratchy23[Deleted User]bananashaketim18[Deleted User][Deleted User]LandslideBradjlp95bwfcStuart25 16 votes
Average
13%
Jen-Bjeymz4troy7SuperAPJ[Deleted User][Deleted User]KalmiaKieranDSRobertfitzWhyHelloWorld[Deleted User] 11 votes
Poor
25%
bond008RevengaspeedyboiSunny BkarlsbergNamirakyleeedee123daniellejayne[Deleted User]elasticloveAlly_Bowie[Deleted User]SoupietwisttwellsCloudy2Rae_Amury[Deleted User][Deleted User]playboy69 20 votes

Comments

• elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    I doubt it, unless the video is phenomenally mindblowing.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good
    I dont think it will go top 10
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I doubt it will get No 1. The general public seem to be going off her.
  • Rams_LordRams_Lord Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!
    I think it might hit No.1, Applause sold a lot in the first day and only hit No.5 i think because it was released half way through the week
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant!
    Good choice, nothing weird about the song to make the casuals turn off.

Oddly enough I could imagine Katy Perry singing a song similar to this
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Would have preferred Sexxx Dreams or Gypsy!
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I may have been going off Gaga recently myself, but GUY is perfect single material
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant!
    No matter what single releases now, it won't go to number 1, even top 10 is unlikely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga is soooo 2010
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Good
    I'm just glad it isn't Venus.

I would have preferred it to be Donatella, Jewels & Drugs, MANiCURE or Gypsy though.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Average
    Gaga's reign is over. Number 1? No chance. Top 10? Very unlikely. Top 40? Assuming her remaining fan base bulk buy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Average
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFavjy0tEg

#1? It's terrible. Doubt it'll get radio support.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she needs to draw a one under ARTPOP and hit the studio again and try with all her might to pull a decent record out of the bag before her career well and truly goes down the pan
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good song not single material
    Way to drive the stake into the ARTPOP's heart ever further.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!
    If it goes straight to Number 1, i really want to see how the 90% of the people that voted NO will feel, and by the way, she released behind the scenes video
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rams_Lord wrote: »
    If it goes straight to Number 1, i really want to see how the 90% of the people that voted NO will feel, and by the way, she released behind the scenes video

it's not going to go to number 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!

Obviously we'll never get over the trauma of getting something of such vital importance so very wrong.

If it goes to number 1 (HIGHLY UNLIKELY), I would say to myself " well done Gaga" and get on with my life.

I predict a chart position somewhere between 40 and 10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant!
    I predict the 11-20 position first week and if she promotes it well in the UK it could be in the top 10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant!
    Honestly, at the rate everything's been going lately, I'd be happy if it managed to get into the top 40, nevermind #1.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!
    There is no competition whatsoever next week
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!
    There is no competition whatsoever next week

GENUINE QUESTION: Could you elaborate how there is no competition next week? I don't bother keeping up with the singles chart anymore.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL #1? not happening. Love how some people fool themselves the way they do.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!
    GENUINE QUESTION: Could you elaborate how there is no competition next week? I don't bother keeping up with the singles chart anymore.

No new singles coming out apart from The Wanted and the current No.1 spot is weak
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good
    Unless something epic happens and fast I think the ARTPOP era is over.

I think she has alienated casuals even further with all this vomiting business. Its almost as if she is on a career suicide mission.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!
    No new singles coming out apart from The Wanted and the current No.1 spot is weak

I see.

I really don't envisage G.U.Y. coming out on top but we shall see.