Quest to rip blu ray

GetFrodoGetFrodo Posts: 1,805
Forum Member
✭✭✭
By all accounts, handbrake and dvd shrink should manage to rip blu rays, but they don't for me.

Handbrake says "scanning title 1 of xxx" please wait....but then when it is finished there is no source selected and no possibility to rip anything.

DVD Shrink says it encountered an error and cannot continue: The system cannot find the file specified.

DVD Decrypter seems to be DVD only.

DVDFab worked fine but my trial period has expired. Despite the confusing array of options and lack of information I bit the bullet and tried to buy a lifetime copy of blu ray ripper ($100 but I did find a 50% coupon, not sure if it will work). Thanks to Verified by Visa I won't be able to get the transaction through until tomorrow, so I have a bit more time to find a solution.

Any suggestions? Free would be nice, paid for would be OK but I would like clarity about what I am buying. Am quite confused about DVDFab passkey (is it included in the ripper?), it claims the HD Decryptor is free but there does not seem to be a way to access it, and you cannot put in the coupon code until after you have done the whole verified by visa business (at least I hope the option is provided...).

Comments

• TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GetFrodo wrote: »
    By all accounts, handbrake and dvd shrink should manage to rip blu rays, but they don't for me.

Handbrake says "scanning title 1 of xxx" please wait....but then when it is finished there is no source selected and no possibility to rip anything.

DVD Shrink says it encountered an error and cannot continue: The system cannot find the file specified.

DVD Decrypter seems to be DVD only.

DVDFab worked fine but my trial period has expired. Despite the confusing array of options and lack of information I bit the bullet and tried to buy a lifetime copy of blu ray ripper ($100 but I did find a 50% coupon, not sure if it will work). Thanks to Verified by Visa I won't be able to get the transaction through until tomorrow, so I have a bit more time to find a solution.

Any suggestions? Free would be nice, paid for would be OK but I would like clarity about what I am buying. Am quite confused about DVDFab passkey (is it included in the ripper?), it claims the HD Decryptor is free but there does not seem to be a way to access it, and you cannot put in the coupon code until after you have done the whole verified by visa business (at least I hope the option is provided...).

If you trying to (illegally) rip a commercial Blu ray disc you may a well download the (illegal) torrent and save yourself a lot of time and effort
  • GetFrodoGetFrodo Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Tiexen
    That wasn't my question, but FYI what I want to do is permitted, downloading a copy is not.