jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear has the court thread been booted out again ..and had to move home
  • Options
    Bumble43Bumble43 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have done this wrong was trying to agree to Philop post I do not agree with what people are saying on here about Josie. I believe Josie when she say she has had nothing done to her lips but if she had then it is Josie choice and her body to do with what she chooses
  • Options
    Bumble43Bumble43 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhiloP wrote: »
    Why can't you just let the girl be? It's her body to do with as she pleases. She has said she has not had any more work on her lips so I've got to believe her. I give her kudos for doing so well since winning BB - more than many of the others have - and she obviously is still of interest to paps and magazines, whatever anyone thinks. Good luck to her, says I.

THIS IS THE POST I WAS TRYING TO AGREE WITH
  • Options
    Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't you just let the girl be? It's her body to do with as she pleases. She has said she has not had any more work on her lips so I've got to believe her. I give her kudos for doing so well since winning BB - more than many of the others have - and she obviously is still of interest to paps and magazines, whatever anyone thinks. Good luck to her, says I.

But 'doing so well' at what exactly? Bottom line is that her 'job' is keeping to a normal weight. Alongside the weight maintenance - which is the storyline - is the need to ensure that her profile is maximised in the trash mags and the Daily Mail's sidebar of shame. As a client of Max Clifford's agency, it's their job to ensure that this happens.

As cobis rightly points out, the aim of the game is to keep her in the press - at whatever cost. This week a trout pout, next week a chipped nail.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumble43 wrote: »
    I have done this wrong was trying to agree to Philop post I do not agree with what people are saying on here about Josie. I believe Josie when she say she has had nothing done to her lips but if she had then it is Josie choice and her body to do with what she chooses

Iagree Josie can do what she wants but if what she does or wants gets or is put in the public domain,people have every right to comment positively or negatively.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, exactly. I have never understood this view that discussing her is A Very Bad Thing. This is the aim of the game. It's why these agents are employed. Sure it's as plain as the silicone on Josie's face.

I coudnt agree more.The game is to get discussed and that is why she has an agent,to ensure that people talk about her. Her fans dont get it lol
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    I coudnt agree more.The game is to get discussed and that is why she has an agent,to ensure that people talk about her. Her fans dont get it lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have yet to find a famewhore who doesn't revel as they wallow in the tacky slime of dodgy partners and made up romance rumours, falling out of nightclubs, cosmetic surgery, weight loss, weight gain, "time for the pink bikini", exercise VID, twitter nonsense, mag confessions.
    They are thick-skinned attention seekers who choose to promote themselves as modern day "sad" clowns for us to boo, laugh at or clap.
    It would be a personal tragedy for them if no one noticed.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    oh dear has the court thread been booted out again ..and had to move home

oh dear, the showbiz threads about Josie tend to be much more vicious, and the comments on these Mail articles, try not to think dislike of Josie is from one source, it's pretty much universal from most that remember her..

BTW if getting on Mailonline is a big pointer to success(which Idon't see myself), then surely Channelle, Chantelle and Imogen are miles ahead of ms gibson
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and let us not forget, the photos were not some accidental shots by a passing pap, her PR/Agent will have tipped them off, "Josie will be passing by at x time eating a salad to reinforce her new role as weight loss guru" the only unscripted bit was when she dropped said salad on the pavement :D
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,497
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    ucra girl wrote: »
    I coudnt agree more.The game is to get discussed and that is why she has an agent,to ensure that people talk about her. Her fans dont get it lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have yet to find a famewhore who doesn't revel as they wallow in the tacky slime of dodgy partners and made up romance rumours, falling out of nightclubs, cosmetic surgery, weight loss, weight gain, "time for the pink bikini", exercise VID, twitter nonsense, mag confessions.
    They are thick-skinned attention seekers who choose to promote themselves as modern day "sad" clowns for us to boo, laugh at or clap.
    It would be a personal tragedy for them if no one noticed.

That's fair enough but what annoys me is when someone uses these reasons to retrospectively tell us why someone shouldn't have won or nearly won BB and that someone who isn't a total famewhore, did deserve to win because she (or he, lol) did. I'm not saying Josie did deserve to win mind. ;-)
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl is a complete mess, truly hideous. It is by far the most shocking trout pout i've seen.

For those who say she hasn't had any work done to her top lip, you are either blind or in denial. It's clear as day.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant stand the fake aggressive bint but she was a good looking woman in the house, those lips look awful. Leave your face alone, look at Jordan FFs. Fair play to her for losing the weight, that took effort and she is healthier for it. She has regained some but it looks good and she is a tall woman. Say no to C.S Josie you don't need it.
  • Options
    SamXSamX Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I've never understood the negativity Josie attracts on this forum. I liked her, she's funny and straightforward. I enjoyed her in BB and was glad she won. But I do understand that we all like different people for different reasons.

I don't understand why people get flack for being in the public eye after appearing on BB - after all we watch them and want them to entertain us while the show is on. Do we then expect them all to disappear under a rock the minute it's over? Some do, and some get opportunities to do other things. But none of us are forced to engage with their post-show lives, so why get so het up and nasty about it?

I'm not interested in what any of them do after the show, but I wouldn't go out of my way to be horrible to them. Some BB fans seem to take a weird sort of ownership over the contestants and feel they can forever shower them with whatever judgements they like. It's not on - all they owe you is the 13 (or less) weeks of the show itself. During that they put themselves up for judgement and you can vote accordingly. After that some of you really need to let it go.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a chimpanzee tried to rip her face off.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl is a complete mess, truly hideous. It is by far the most shocking trout pout i've seen.

For those who say she hasn't had any work done to her top lip, you are either blind or in denial. It's clear as day.

The worst you've ever seen? Really?

I don't think she's had any more work done on her lips, going on those pictures. I genuinely think it's just down to the angle and the fact she was in the middle of talking when the photos were taken. I can confirm I have perfect vision, and am not in denial. If she has had them done again, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't know why it seems to bother so many other people.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is if she keeps putting herself out there, people are going to keep talking about her. It's perfectly possible for former BB contestants to disappear into their private lives never to be heard of again. It's happened plenty of times.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamX wrote: »
    I've never understood the negativity Josie attracts on this forum. I liked her, she's funny and straightforward. I enjoyed her in BB and was glad she won. But I do understand that we all like different people for different reasons.

I don't understand why people get flack for being in the public eye after appearing on BB - after all we watch them and want them to entertain us while the show is on. Do we then expect them all to disappear under a rock the minute it's over? Some do, and some get opportunities to do other things. But none of us are forced to engage with their post-show lives, so why get so het up and nasty about it?

I'm not interested in what any of them do after the show, but I wouldn't go out of my way to be horrible to them. Some BB fans seem to take a weird sort of ownership over the contestants and feel they can forever shower them with whatever judgements they like. It's not on - all they owe you is the 13 (or less) weeks of the show itself. During that they put themselves up for judgement and you can vote accordingly. After that some of you really need to let it go.

totaly agree
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks like a chimpanzee tried to rip her face off.
    :D:D
    *sniggers loudly*
    *waits for the inevitable*............I 'aven't 'ad anyfing done to me face.........dunno wot all those jellus mares are on about! ROLLEYES
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :D:D
    *sniggers loudly*

*waits for the inevitable*............I 'aven't 'ad anyfing done to me face.........dunno wot all those jellus mares are on about! ROLLEYES

:D I was just thinking she should have a perm to go with the granny face when I read in the OK story: "Looking a touch Deirdre Barlow"
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2605344/Josie-Gibson-reveals-mysterious-trout-pout-steps-lunch.html

What a mess! :D

Will these girls ever learn?

It NEVER looks good. I've yet to see a success story. Look no further than Amy Childs, Abbey Clancy, Rylan and Sarah Harding. I bet all four regret getting it done.

I thought Rylan's or Amy's were the worst i've seen but Josie is pushing them close!

Why is Josie & all these young women going in for all this stuff, Not a Josie fan at all but she looked so much better before all this plastic fake stuff! I just think it's very Sad that they believe everything that is written about them that is bad & ignore the good comments! These are young women who are very attractive & don't need anything doing to them! You can't improve what Nature gave you free hence the reason there is so Many Women & Men trying to get their youth back & failing miserably!
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    SamX wrote: »

But we are human, and part of being human is being curious about each other and expressing an opinon about things. To some extent being a contestant on any reality show opens people up to this, and there are both negative and positive sides to this.

There are contestants and winners who have managed to do BB, and then have a really low profile afterwards. And then again there are contestants and winners who have appeared on BB or one of the similar shows, who have then gone on to have a very high profile afterwards, its mainly women who seem to do this, like Kerry Katona, Chantelle and even Josie.

Josie did do incredibly well out of winning BB, and this experience has probably changed and enhanced her life in absolutely incredible ways.. Which means competing on and winning BB was a positive and life changing experience for her, which I think was great for her.

But she has also been exposed to, and played along with some of the most ridiculous zlist games that currently exist. and I think we are perfectly entitled to comment about some of these.

It isn't healthy to gain and lose weight for the magazines......im glad that Josie has lost some weight and is now healthier, but she did win BB saying she was happy to be a big girl, and I can see how some feel that this is a tad hypocritical.

In that photo, her lips look awful, and as that photo appeared in 2 or 3 mags, it cant have been entirely co incidental.!!

How is commenting about the way Josie looks being directly horrible to her? I,m sure she doesn't read DS.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://twitpic.com/e24iru Who is this pretty young thing!
  • Options
    occulta7occulta7 Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Josie & all these young women going in for all this stuff, Not a Josie fan at all but she looked so much better before all this plastic fake stuff! I just think it's very Sad that they believe everything that is written about them that is bad & ignore the good comments! These are young women who are very attractive & don't need anything doing to them! You can't improve what Nature gave you free hence the reason there is so Many Women & Men trying to get their youth back & failing miserably!

Clutching straws for the talentless bb hatches wannabee famewhores on yearly
    basis so josie's no different she'll do anything to rake the cash in she seems to now have taken up the passtime of preaching about weightloss as if she was the first to
    discover it! when in fact the goalpost are contantly moved because apparently some of the weight has gone back on! its all about fame a money but these zlisters will always be overshadowed by someone more intersting more famous and of course possesing real talent! The look at me brigade usually fade from the limelight eventually !
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peterstone wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is shocked by the fact that someone is following Josie Gibson around taking photos as opposed to the fact she's ruined her appearance further.

Lol. :)

No, you're not.

But what has she done to still be of interest? Nothing that deserves kudos, it seems to me.
    It's usually the top lip that looks ridiculous but Josie doesn't seem to have that duck bill thing (this time). It's just her bottom lip. There's something wrong with that. Too much injected in by the look of it.

Her upper lip and -- what's it called? moustache area? -- both look puffed up to me, not just her lower lip.
    occulta7 wrote: »
    Clutching straws for the talentless bb hatches wannabee famewhores on yearly
    basis so josie's no different she'll do anything to rake the cash in she seems to now have taken up the passtime of preaching about weightloss as if she was the first to
    discover it! when in fact the goalpost are contantly moved because apparently some of the weight has gone back on! its all about fame a money but these zlisters will always be overshadowed by someone more intersting more famous and of course possesing real talent! The look at me brigade usually fade from the limelight eventually !

I don't think that quite works. The talented, etc, tend to fade form the limelight eventually too; meanwhile the z-listers still get coverage, rather than being overshadowed.