Big Brother Australia - Episode 18 - 28 September - 12.30pm

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
#BBAU has now changed their Start time to 9:27pm AEST/ 12:27pm BST/ 6.27am CST! #BBUK

Reminder, surprise eviction tomorrow, eviction Tuesday and then an intruder goes in on Wednesday

Watch here - http://bbaustralia2014.blogspot.co.uk/p/live-stream-of-big-brother-australia.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that Sam got the majority of votes to be the new HOH. Australia must view it as a negative thing otherwise I'm sure Skye would have topped the poll by now
  • PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra making a play for Sam is a bit silly. The guy has a GF for god's sake and they all know that. The way she's acting she's liable to try something on with him...and ultimately make herself look a bigger fool and have the public turn against her like they did Tully & Drew last year. It's clear Sam sees her as a good friend and nothing more and Sandra's 'you'll always be someone else's' comment was cringe worthy.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam probably got the HoH as some of the audience thinks he looks hot, that's what they aim for now. Sandra got loads of airtime even though she isn't up for eviction, but I find her boring and the showmance doesn't change that. Priya and (again) David got some airtime, manufactured by the producers really through some conversation games that they seem to have arranged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Sam probably got the HoH as some of the audience thinks he looks hot, that's what they aim for now. Sandra got loads of airtime even though she isn't up for eviction, but I find her boring and the showmance doesn't change that. Priya and (again) David got some airtime, manufactured by the producers really through some conversation games that they seem to have arranged.

It isn't a game, they always do that each week when they sit round the table and discuss conversation topics created by BB or they get them to write things down anonymously
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it's a setup situation so those who don't stick their head up much can get some airtime, in the past I'm not sure that it's been used like that. It all looked very selective anyway with the focus on just a couple of HMs. David isn't even up for eviction this week so why all the focus on him? I'd guess they'll send a female intruder in for him eventually if he doesn't hook up otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The word game thing wasn't the old family dinner conversation thing, it was some game that apparently Priya was meant to be the centrepiece for. Didn't get it really. One thing that stood out was how she out of nowhere (the word 'plethora') brought multiculturalism into it. I don't know if that was part of her strategy or part of what she was meant to say or what.
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinkminxy wrote: »
    Sandra making a play for Sam is a bit silly. The guy has a GF for god's sake and they all know that. The way she's acting she's liable to try something on with him...and ultimately make herself look a bigger fool and have the public turn against her like they did Tully & Drew last year. It's clear Sam sees her as a good friend and nothing more and Sandra's 'you'll always be someone else's' comment was cringe worthy.

Yes I agree and if it develops into a problem as the weeks go on all Sam's friends in the house will vote with Sam, silly move, but I feel sorry for her.
    I also feel there are a few ganging up on Skye and the same ones have admitted she has a good chance of winning..(tactics).
  • molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing that stood out was how she out of nowhere (the word 'plethora') brought multiculturalism into it. I don't know if that was part of her strategy or part of what she was meant to say or what.
    Or it could have just been the first thing that came to her when asked to put the word 'plethora' into some sort of context.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's a setup situation so those who don't stick their head up much can get some airtime, in the past I'm not sure that it's been used like that. It all looked very selective anyway with the focus on just a couple of HMs. David isn't even up for eviction this week so why all the focus on him? I'd guess they'll send a female intruder in for him eventually if he doesn't hook up otherwise.

All housemates have to suggest things about each of their other housemates. Of course they won't show us a long clip of all of them discussing it as it would take up the whole show. It's the process of editing the more interesting ones and showing them to us which is expected in a show like Big Brother. They have to edit 24 hours into 40 minutes. If you don't like how they do it, then I would suggest not watching it
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need a longer show it's as simple as that.

Does anyone really deserve to go this week although I didn't like the way some housemates talked to Skye.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with Skye the other HM's are a) Threatened by her as winner potential and b) Basically fed up with her baby like behaviour. I get that she's only 20 but she does come across younger, and I think certain HM's like Lisa are not ones to support such behaviour if that makes? They tire quickly of her constant neediness. I do think she is being made a bit of an easy target though, especially with a few of them now voicing their opinion about her. She comes across as harmless to me and pretty likeable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinkminxy wrote: »
    I think with Skye the other HM's are a) Threatened by her as winner potential and b) Basically fed up with her baby like behaviour. I get that she's only 20 but she does come across younger, and I think certain HM's like Lisa are not ones to support such behaviour if that makes? They tire quickly of her constant neediness. I do think she is being made a bit of an easy target though, especially with a few of them now voicing their opinion about her. She comes across as harmless to me and pretty likeable.

I don't think she's harmless at all. Twice already we've been shown how she spreads information to other people to create conflict
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Cringed on Sandra's behalf for that whole episode. Embarrassed for her :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Sandra watch last year's episode? She's coming close to being this year's Tully. And Sam isn't helping matters by calling her his queen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's harmless at all. Twice already we've been shown how she spreads information to other people to create conflict

I think she's just one of those types of people who speaks before thinking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the process of editing the more interesting ones and showing them to us which is expected in a show like Big Brother.

I'm not sure you even believe that yourself. So David trying to get the dogs to go with him was amazing entertainment? Priya chairing some boring set up word task was entertainment? We all know they give airtime to those they want to promote/save which isn't necessarily based on most of what is happening.
    then I would suggest not watching it

If it continues going this way and intruders don't stir some of the HMs out of their lethargy then I could well join most of this show's audience and stop watching. This show has a limited future as it is right now anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you even believe that yourself. So David trying to get the dogs to go with him was amazing entertainment? Priya chairing some boring set up word task was entertainment? We all know they give airtime to those they want to promote/save which isn't necessarily based on most of what is happening.

If it continues going this way and intruders don't stir some of the HMs out of their lethargy then I could well join most of this show's audience and stop watching. This show has a limited future as it is right now anyway.

I believe it 100%. Priya hosted the spelling bee because she's an English teacher. I don't see any "manipulation" in that. If it was any of them you would be complaining about the same thing anyway so they can't win.

I was actually referring to the dinner table conversation where the housemates suggest the topics and not BB which you claimed. They obviously record all the housemates discussing each other but they have to edit it to only show the ones that have interesting conversation