Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 106)

Comments

• LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While rewatching todays episode, I really have noticed just how absolutely gorgeous Emmett was in it today. Seeing it on TV, first of all, those big blue eyes, the fuzzeh tache, the lovely suit...
    Now rewatching clips of it :eek:

He's just stunning :cool:

That is STUNNING. :eek:
    Thought it might be. ;)

#GayRobot

That's totally what I'm going to call my band by the way.

Lemonade Man and the Gay Robots. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,996
    Forum Member
    That is STUNNING. :eek:

I think I could look at him all day...

And a gif photoset of today's episode :cool:

(minus one gif that doesn't fit because the colouring is weird)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB: Actually, actually amazing. :D

As is Spike!Brendan. :o

Aw, DarkWillow!Ste. :(

Aww, I know :(.

But his magic don't smell like strawberries like Willow's.
    It'll smell like ... fresh honeysuckle.

Jelly are Tara/Kennedy.

George is Andrew.

Liberty's Harmony.

And Doug's one of the extras at the beginning of an episode sometimes that gets eaten by Monster!Bex, and later she's killed by the gang :cool: (sorry Ayla)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I could look at him all day...

And a gif photoset of today's episode :cool:

(minus one gif that doesn't fit because the colouring is weird)

*reblogs*
    Iclabon wrote: »
    Aww, I know :(.

But his magic don't smell like strawberries like Willow's.
    It'll smell like ... fresh honeysuckle.

Jelly are Tara/Kennedy.

George is Andrew.

Liberty's Harmony.

BIB: Heaven. :o

Liberty as Harmony is BEYOND perfection, you know. :D

Ugh @ Kennedy. She can be Tilly ~
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB: Heaven. :o

Liberty as Harmony is BEYOND perfection, you know. :D

Ugh @ Kennedy. She can be Tilly ~

And that speech Spike made about love and passion being in the blood, is like Bren's speech about what love is :(

Spike!Brendan shows up brought back to life to stop DarkWillow!Ste from flaying skinheads alive and finding Walker, but Ste thinks his mind is playing tricks, so he tries to fight Brendan to make the haunt go away, and the building they're in starts to crumble and collapse all around them...

...until Brendan kisses him and doesn't let go, and finally Ste believes he's real and the darkness leaves him, and they make love on the floor right there. Building still falling apart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that speech Spike made about love and passion being in the blood, is like Bren's speech about what love is :(

Spike!Brendan shows up brought back to life to stop DarkWillow!Ste from flaying skinheads alive and finding Walker, but Ste thinks his mind is playing tricks, so he tries to fight Brendan to make the haunt go away, and the building they're in starts to crumble and collapse all around them...

...until Brendan kisses him and doesn't let go, and finally Ste believes he's real and the darkness leaves him, and they make love on the floor right there. Building still falling apart.

BIB: :(

Oh God, everything is a million times better when based on Buffy. Though I'd fear for Brendan and Ste's lives if they made love in a collapsing building. ;)

LOL @ flaying skinheads. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pfft. They'll be fine LMan. ;)

Brendan's a vamp, and Ste probably magically protects them subconsciously or something.

And it was Rae who had told Ste Brendan's death was all the skinheads' fault. As she would :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pfft. They'll be fine LMan. ;)

Brendan's a vamp, and Ste probably magically protects them subconsciously or something.

And it was Rae who had told Ste Brendan's death was all the skinheads' fault. As she would :p

Aww, Rae. Who is her counterpart? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, Rae. Who is her counterpart? :cool:

Who was like a snitch that always saw everything and had a cockroach's ability to survive in the Buffy verse?

Jonathan :cool:

She's a female Jonathan.

And Tony's a random Watcher that your beloved Phina's screwing. She gets to be the character she actually was in Buffy :p

AND OH MY GOD, Annalise is so Fred/Illyria! Aww. And Scott's Gunn.

Barney's Wesley.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was like a snitch that always saw everything and had a cockroach's ability to survive in the Buffy verse?

Jonathan :cool:

She's a female Jonathan.

And Tony's a random Watcher that your beloved Phina's screwing. She gets to be the character she actually was in Buffy :p

AND OH MY GOD, Annalise is so Fred/Illyria! Aww. And Scott's Gunn.

Barney's Wesley.

BIB: Fantastic. :cool:

MEH PHINA. :(

I hated Wesley. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could you hate Wesley?! :eek:

Aww, Barney would be like Wesley from the first couple and last seasons on Angel, not Wesley when he was unbearably stuffy.

But they do match up almost perfectly in terms of the poshness and pedigree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could you hate Wesley?! :eek:

Aww, Barney would be like Wesley from the first couple and last seasons on Angel, not Wesley when he was unbearably stuffy.

But they do match up almost perfectly in terms of the poshness and pedigree.

He annoys me, Iclabon. I found him lacking charm. ;)

I would take Barney any day.

In a variety of ways. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'd still be Barney, love.

Only in recognizably Wesley's role.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    #GayRobot

That's totally what I'm going to call my band by the way.

Lemonade Man and the Gay Robots. :cool:

That has started my day with the biggest laugh. :D:D

That and the Stendan/Buffy crossovers. Aw. Spike!Brendan and DarkWillow!Ste. :o
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Just watched the end of yesterday's E4, which I missed, and I found it so disappointing! I found the whole situation hard enough to really invest in because the whole Joel living with the Brady's thing hasn't worked for me, but Cheryl continues her long line of inconsistency. I know Joel nearly died, but why is she only now being like this with Brendan? It makes her reaction to Brendan beating Ste look like he stole Ste's pencilcase or something.

And we had Brendan throwing away another metaphor - painful. I actually found that cringey. Is it going to be Metaphor Of The Week now? And now Walker's gone so we've got Brendan popping up in Bart's scenes. I wish Cheryl would have the balls to kick Brendan out. I feel like we're never getting anywhere. The plot of the week thing is still happening.

Sorry to start Friday off in such a negative way, but I'm losing faith in what they're doing with Brendan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moooorrrrniiing.

I miss Walker already. There's just something very, very watchable about him. It's a bit Emmett esque, actually.

And he woz dead fit. :(

Btw I'm #TheOrginalWardyFanAndDon'tYouForgetIt :cool:
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Just watched the end of yesterday's E4, which I missed, and I found it so disappointing! I found the whole situation hard enough to really invest in because the whole Joel living with the Brady's thing hasn't worked for me, but Cheryl continues her long line of inconsistency. I know Joel nearly died, but why is she only now being like this with Brendan? It makes her reaction to Brendan beating Ste look like he stole Ste's pencilcase or something.

And we had Brendan throwing away another metaphor - painful. I actually found that cringey. Is it going to be Metaphor Of The Week now? And now Walker's gone so we've got Brendan popping up in Bart's scenes. I wish Cheryl would have the balls to kick Brendan out. I feel like we're never getting anywhere. The plot of the week thing is still happening.

Sorry to start Friday off in such a negative way, but I'm losing faith in what they're doing with Brendan.

:(

I hate being negative as well, but it's hard to be anything else! I don't really buy this big selling of Brendan's connection with Joel, or Cheryl's either. I thought Cheryl was way OTT, drama without substance, and the same with Brendan and the flowers. :o

I still think Walker has loads and loads of potential in terms of pushing Brendan to his limits, so I'm hanging onto that. But I don't have much faith that they'll really explore it the way they might do. The deliberate refusal to talk about Ste's importance to Brendan just seems such a waste, to me. Frustrating.

eta: And yeah, duckmoo, Walker needs to get his ass back here. Now.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having also watched the clip I concur with the WTFness of the whole storyline.

Also what exactly is Cheryl going to tell Joel? It didn't sound like she meant anything he had done in the past, it sounded like she was going to tell him that it was Brendan's fault he got stabbed and yeah, he knows that, he was there.

I've got to say I think the interaction between Brendan and Cheryl, on anything deeper than a superficial level, they have chemistry together, is stupidly inconsistent and basically pointless.
  • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if Kieron is in work and Emmett is in work, could this meen Stendan scene? :D xx

ETA-Morning :o
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm not going to complain about this week's episodes. They may not have been perfect, but they were infinitely better than last week's were and than next week's will be. One, Brendan was in them and, two, Emmett got the chance to do some proper acting, and he was fantastic. I would always rather watch a week of Brendan doing anything at all than a week of those Tedious Teenagers or a week of Ste and Doug's Tepid Twittering.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I know lulu and I am tempted to just look at the lovely caps and appreciate the fact they have given Brendan half decent to do.

Even the fact he has been centre stage this week hasn't made me want to watch again though and the fact that next week he is back to threatening teens and Walker seems to have done one only makes it worse.

But yes complaining might be churlish so can I just say that this week has been better than they usual shit you serve up HOs.

Take a bow. ;)

/sarc :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning. :cool:

God, Emmett doesn't have much time off these days. Back in Liverpool already.

*waits patiently on tweets about who he's working with*
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Well, I'm not going to complain about this week's episodes. They may not have been perfect, but they were infinitely better than last week's were and than next week's will be. One, Brendan was in them and, two, Emmett got the chance to do some proper acting, and he was fantastic. I would always rather watch a week of Brendan doing anything at all than a week of those Tedious Teenagers or a week of Ste and Doug's Tepid Twittering.

OK, that made me laugh. :o

Yes, there were loads of good things this week. I'll always tune in to see Emmett's acting chops. But it's hard to put out of my head the knowledge that it still doesn't amount to anything even half as good as what we used to get.

Compared to a week of bonehead Bart then one of doe-eyed Doug, though, I'll admit it seems like Shakespeare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan would hate Samantha Brick. :cool:

*watches This Morning*

*sips tea*
    Forum Member
    Brendan would hate Samantha Brick. :cool:

*watches This Morning*

*sips tea*

Why?