The return of Susan....

2»

Comments

• GDKGDK Posts: 9,476
    Forum Member
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    With a time machine that seems to work these days (instead of pitching up randomly like it used to), there's no reason why any former companion couldn't be visited and have a cameo (even if they weren't played by the original actor, although of course this would almost defeat the object - I wouldn't mind seeing a young Leela again though ;)). Apart from Sarah in the new era, and Susan in the Five Doctors, I can't think of any old companions who then made another later appearance? Maybe one of you experts could, though.

Jo Grant appeared in the "Sarah Jane Adventures" in "Death of the Doctor" along with 11.
    Forum Member
    Could she not have had (still have) a fob watch?

Yes, if she's full Timelord and survived the time war and escaped being time locked. The only problem is that's been done before for the Master and it would begin to feel like the Doctor hadn't been very thorough. Then again, if there was one whom he allowed to escape/survive it would be his granddaughter. But then again that would de damaging to our ideas of the Doctor's ethics.
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Even if you ignore the books and audios it was stated on television that the 10th Doctor visited every companion he ever had before he regenerated.

So unless that did not include Susan for some reason (possibly Timelocked) then he has been in contact with her during NuWho.

I hadn't noticed that.

It seems I was wrong about mentions of Susan. She has been, occasionally and sometimes indirectly:
    Wiki
    The "mentions" noted in the Wiki entry suggest that she's dead (or the Doctor thinks or is pretending that she's dead) along with the rest of his family.
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    Yes, if she's full Timelord and survived the time war and escaped being time locked. The only problem is that's been done before for the Master and it would begin to feel like the Doctor hadn't been very thorough. Then again, if there was one whom he allowed to escape/survive it would be his granddaughter. But then again that would de damaging to our ideas of the Doctor's ethics.

Rule 1.

And he's shown on more than one occasion he has a sentimental streak a mile wide.