One British Group to split in 2014

Comments

• Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Take That or The Sugababes

Take That doesn't make sense as they are on a break now - Mark already made an album. Their break simply wouldn't be news.

Anyway, they reported on Twitter they would announce who it is in November. They shouldn't have mentioned this now if they are planning to reveal the news in 4 months:rolleyes:
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what kind of site that source is though? first i heard of it...
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Take That or The Sugababes

I doubt it'll be the Sugababes. They haven't had any songs in the charts since 2010. Freedom (released in 2011) doesn't count as that was only a buzz single and free download.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having just witnessed some of their dross on telly, it'd be nice if it was Mumford & sons
  • Options
    SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saturdays or The Wanted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    what kind of site that source is though? first i heard of it...

This is a site for movies, music, tv etc - like DS really. I don't know how credible are they, but I do know they were the ones that also announced months before JLS split that 1 group will disband. Also, they were the ones that gave a lot of correct hints on what could be 1D big announcement before it was revealed. So, I guess they aren't reporting false news.

You can check their website but I have them on Twitter which they update frequently. I can't give you the links or the name of the site because every time I try to post it, it comes out as *****:confused:

If you want to know the name and the links, send me PM and I'll give them to you;)
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I hope it isn't One Direction :o Hopefully its The Wanted :D

no not my precious wanted :cry:
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's One Direction. Once they split the awful braindead fans will move on to some new talentless chav act and then when they decide to reunite nobody will care and the 1D morons will fade into obscurity. :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    no not my precious wanted :cry:

I'd rather it be your precious wanted than my precious One Direction:cry::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just imagine the hysteria if The Wanted or 1D take a break, even though it would be naturally a lot bigger if it was 1D.

But honestly, 1D fans (the ones that aren't crazy and disturbing) should accept that if it happens - they will definitely be exhausted after everything: 7-8 months arena tour, recording the album, promoting the movie, album, singles, doing a stadium tour. Maybe it would be a good idea for taking a year off. Although, truly taking a year off, resting and relaxing, not going solo.

I kind of doubt they are talking about The Wanted - I can't see them having a huge tour, and they aren't exactly chart toppers.
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take That wont split they will take very long breaks.

The Wanted will split or get dropped.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would McFly fit into this? Probably not :o

ETA someone sent 1D Louis the link on twitter and he replied with I have to laugh at you lot and your theories. Not a denial as such
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Hope it's One Direction. Once they split the awful braindead fans will move on to some new talentless chav act and then when they decide to reunite nobody will care and the 1D morons will fade into obscurity. :D:D:D:D

I wish :D I'm sick of seeing 1D all over the TV, magazines and the 'net. They're everywhere! Argh! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I hope it's The Wanted. They are utterly dire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    No that isn't what the article said. Cowell was referring to Justin Beiber and his antics and said if one of his acts were being overworked (having a meltdown) he would give them a year off. He didn't mention the act by name but I guess as they are the hardest working at the moment he was meaning them.

I thought 1D were locked into a 5 album deal with a huge bonus if they get to the end of it so not sure is them

Could be the wanted seen as they don't look like they are setting the charts on fire. This could be a way out for them and saving face at the same time

Exactly it wouldn't make sense if it was 1D because they've already signed the deal.

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was The Wanted splitting up, and their label hyping them up as "one of the biggest chart acts" splitting up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Would McFly fit into this? Probably not :o

ETA someone sent 1D Louis the link on twitter and he replied with I have to laugh at you lot and your theories. Not a denial as such

No matter who it is, no one would be allowed to comment on anything if this news will be reveled in November.

And McFly have in recent years released new albums every 2 years so this break wouldn't really be news, plus they released a Great Hits album last year.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Oh really? Well that could be them for sure then. They certainly fit within the description - they are releasing a new album and are having a large stadium tour in 2014. And it could be very well that they are starting the break in 2014 immediately after the tour.

However, if even one of them gains some success, I bet they would never get back together, just like Nsync never did. They wanted to be solo artists in the first place after all so...

zez88, I always thought you're a quite sensible person. So I'm disappointed you seem to take this rumour so seriously... Why should it even remotely be true?! Anyone could make up this rumour, knowing how quickly it would spread once the 1D fans start hyperventilating :D
    And why would Louis have to deny this?! Come on, they'd be on their twitter all day denying rumours if you'd expect them to react to everything doing the rounds on the internet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    zez88, I always thought you're a quite sensible person. So I'm disappointed you seem to take this rumour so seriously... Why should it even remotely be true?! Anyone could make up this rumour, knowing how quickly it would spread once the 1D fans start hyperventilating :D
    And why would Louis have to deny this?! Come on, they'd be on their twitter all day denying rumours if you'd expect them to react to everything doing the rounds on the internet...

What exactly did I say that doesn't make me a sensible person? First of all, I have never said that this is about 1D. Second of all, maybe it is a rumor BUT keep in mind that this music site also announced months ago that one group will disband and it turned out it was JLS... and I remember seeing on Twitter how 1D fans thanked the site for giving correct hints about what could be 1D big announcement days before 1D revealed the secret.

So like I said, this site proved to be credible so far.

And I didn't say anything about Lois, twingle was the one who noticed his comment. I just commented that, no matter who it is about, no group would give any comment so soon about it now if the news will be revealed in November. I remember when Westlife left Syco, everyone kept saying that this could be the end, but the guys kept saying this is just a new opportunity even though they knew at the time they will announce the split in November. It is just too early to say anything when this possible news is 4 months away.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    It's bound to be the sats, there gonna do a girls aloud on us
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sats most probs.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly did I say that doesn't make me a sensible person? First of all, I have never said that this is about 1D. Second of all, maybe it is a rumor BUT keep in mind that this music site also announced months ago that one group will disband and it turned out it was JLS... and I remember seeing on Twitter how 1D fans thanked the site for giving correct hints about what could be 1D big announcement days before 1D revealed the secret.

So like I said, this site proved to be credible so far.

And I didn't say anything about Lois, twingle was the one who noticed his comment. I just commented that, no matter who it is about, no group would give any comment so soon about it now if the news will be revealed in November. I remember when Westlife left Syco, everyone kept saying that this could be the end, but the guys kept saying this is just a new opportunity even though they knew at the time they will announce the split in November. It is just too early to say anything when this possible news is 4 months away.

That's what I mean... Just because this website talked about JLS splitting up (not at all surprising after an unsuccessful album and second single) and 1D doing a stadium tour (when loads of journalists from around the world were invited to that press conference in Wembley stadium (!!), any smart person could have guessed it was a stadium tour...), I wouldn't give this rumour any more credibility than it deserves...

I still think you're a sensible person of course, I like arguing with you ;) I was just surprised you took this rumour so seriously...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    That's what I mean... Just because this website talked about JLS splitting up (not at all surprising after an unsuccessful album and second single) and 1D doing a stadium tour (when loads of journalists from around the world were invited to that press conference in Wembley stadium (!!), any smart person could have guessed it was a stadium tour...), I wouldn't give this rumour any more credibility than it deserves...

I still think you're a sensible person of course, I like arguing with you ;) I was just surprised you took this rumour so seriously...

Look, I didn't take anything so seriously, I simply posted this for fun discussion. All I'm saying this is a music site just like any other, they give lots of competitions for 1D tickets, they have interviews with pop stars etc. The only thing I absolutely hate is that they are too obsessed with The Wanted, they act like some fangirls:rolleyes:

We just have to wait and see what will they say in November. They didn't say who it is, not even if it is a boyband or a girlband, only hat one group will go on a hiatus. Why would it be a rumor that 1 group will take year off break? That is not even such a big deal, everyone deserves a break after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No matter who it is, no one would be allowed to comment on anything if this news will be reveled in November.

And McFly have in recent years released new albums every 2 years so this break wouldn't really be news, plus they released a Great Hits album last year.

McFly aren't really popular in the charts though any more, are they? So I doubt it's them.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it'll be The Saturdays, I'll be surprised, just when they were starting to build up a fanbase again....and the massive tour part? I'm a fan but I'm not deluded, they had trouble selling all the tickets for their last arena tour, so it wouldn't add up imo, even if it is I don't see any of them having solo success, they have good voices and work well together but unlike Girls Aloud there isn't a stand out star member that just oozes popstar appeal....maybe I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably some hoax or a really late thing about JLS