Options

Manic Street Preachers - Journal For Plague Lovers

The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
Forum Member
✭✭
What are peoples' views on this album?

Im a huge Manics fan and I have to say that this is the best album since Everything Must Go. It has a similar sound to the Holy Bible and i think its the Manics back to their best, partly down to the fact of Richey's lyrics.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it , Grew on me instantly most Manics albums dont, Fave Track at the Moment is "all is vanity"
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got on with a lot of their recent albums but I think this is fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Pretention/Repulsion, it sounds the most like one of the tracks off the Holy Bible. Also Facing Page:Top Left is a great change in pace.
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    There is already a thread running on this OP but hey ho - who cares - two is better than one!

It is absolutely awesome. And as you are a huge fan I am going to PM you! x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did do a search but didnt find a thread for the album but now i realise there is one. my bad.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bow to no man in my love of The Holy Bible (to me it's up there with Unknown Pleasures and Pretty Hate Machine)- frankly it's all gone downhill since there and they've become what they should NEVER have been- bland as f*ck.

Halfway through listening to Journal for the first time and I'm starting to remember why I used to love them so much.

Steve Albini produced it. That's ALWAYS a good thing!
  • Options
    dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea they had a new album coming out. I loved their last - especially the track with Mrs Cardigans.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just listened to this in the car and it doesn't seem like a new album. It's like I dug out a CD from the late 90's.

Definately back to their old style and some reminiscences from previous songs. Good Stuff :cool:

I'll have to give it a more indepth listen.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    I do like them but I always find their albums have about 3 good tracks on and the rest awful fillers.