Options

Multiple calendars on Outlook.com Calendar

Hi all,
for my day to day calendars I use google calendars with great success.

I have been asked to fill in a log of migraines and the meds I take.
I wanted to keep this calendar completely isolated from my other calendars. I tried setting up a different Google calendar and having seperate widgets on the tablet and phone but on my phone when I adjust the settings on one widget it affects both widgets.

So I then thought of using outlook.com and a 3rd party widget on the phone and tablet.

My problem is that I would like two calendars linked together one for the migraines and one for the medication.

For the life of me I cant see how to add another calendar.

Is there any way of just adding another calendar or do I have to set up another outlook.com account, set up another calendar and then share it with my original account?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    On my laptop you can just click New in your Outlook account Calendar display to add a new calendar. You should be able to do this on your tablet then it will automatically synch to your phone as you make entries on either device.

One alternative could be to mark all your meds entries as Private in your existing calendar.
  • Options
    stringmanstringman Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    thanks for the reply,

I think what you are referring to is outlook (part of the office suite)

What I am talking about is outlook.com which is microsofts version of google mail and calendar

I think I will have to do is set up 2 accounts and have two separate calendars that are linked
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. I am talking about outlook.com (formerly known as hotmail and which predate google's efforts by many years).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks for the reply
    I got all excited for a minute.
    I clicked on the new tab and whilst the text box says create new events calendars and so on, if you click on it the only option was to create an event.

I gave up in the end and created two accounts and two shared calendars- probably not the best way to do it but it works.
    thanks anyway

EDIT

I realised that what I was doing was clicking on the big new + tab and not the tiny down arrow tab.
    Hey ho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry. I should have been more explicit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Sorry. I should have been more explicit.

Not at all, I think the layout on the web page is a bit pooh. It was only thanks to your pointer that I found it at all