Persons Executed for Interracial Murders in the U.S. Since 1976

White Defendant / Black Victim (31)

Black Defendant / White Victim (293)

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/race...-executed-1976
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I would suggest hundreds of teenagers being murdered - teenagers - in our capital city might be an issue someone discusses or raises as an election issue. I also remember that poor child from Ilford - only 5 - who was paralysed for life as she was an innocent victim in the middle of a gang battle.

The point is no one seems to cares - and I ask why. Does the parent or siblings of a stabbing or gun crime victim grieve less depending on the ethnic origin of the murderer. Yet Mark Duggan gets more press coverage then all of them combined.

Frankly there no discussion at all from what I can see - the problem is ignored cos it just mainly affects poor kids on council estates. It's a serious issue - yet we ignore it.
    Any crime is going to more newsworthy if it is committed by, aided by, or covered up by the police--the very people meant to prevent it.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigAndy99 wrote: »
    Race of Defendants Executed in the U.S. Since 1976:

BLACK 486 34%
    LATINO 113 8%
    WHITE 782 56%
    OTHER 24 2%

Race of Victims Since 1976:

BLACK 312 15.2%
    LATINO 141 6.6%
    WHITE 1567 76.0%
    OTHER 45 2.2%

Now Sunshine, when i see you posting threads about black on black or black on white crime i'll listen to you.

How often are you going to post this? It's getting boring.
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    How often are you going to post this? It's getting boring.

Hi MC, it's only boring if you read it, and don't like what you read.

My recommendation for folk of your ilk is to ignore it.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi MC, it's only boring if you read it, and don't like what you read.

My recommendation for folk of your ilk is to ignore it.

I don't particularly like reading the same stats over and over again.
    What is my 'ilk', might I ask?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point is why no one ever discusses it. The most common cause of death amongst black men under 40 in the US is homicide - that isn't the case for other ethnic groups.

In London 175 teenagers - mostly black - have been been murdered in the last decade. Can you name any of them. It's never mentioned in the media bar on the day of the incident and no one seems to care. Yet we constantly hear about one case from 22 years ago - a young man who no one would have cared about either outside his family had he not been killed by a white gang.

Can we name the black ones, or just any of them? Off the top of my head, I'll give you Alice Gross, Nathaniel Brown, Jimmy Mizen, Rob Knox, Ben Kinsella, David Idowu, Daniella Johnson, Jerome Vassell, Kiyan Prince and Sally Anne Bowman. A number of those continue to make headlines to this day. Damilola Taylor is another well publicised murder, although that was nearly 15 years ago now.

We constantly hear of that case you are talking about because of the police incompitence and corruption, and the fact it took nearly twenty years for his murders to be brought to justice.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member

BLACK 486 34%
    LATINO 113 8%
    WHITE 782 56%
    OTHER 24 2%

BLACK 312 15.2%
    LATINO 141 6.6%
    WHITE 1567 76.0%
    OTHER 45 2.2%

Do you have any stats for cop shootings Big Andy?
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, and blacks are the ones doing it.

They also shoot whites too.

Yep, along with an awfully large number of white policemen who seem to do it at a drop of a hat.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    It's because, historically, African Americans see themselves as victimised by the US police. So obviously any shooting of a black guy, by a white officer, especially ones such as this and the Slager shooting, are going to be interpreted by many as (if not overtly racist) then certainly with a total disregard for the life of a black person.

If the guy had been waving a gun in public, threatening innocent people, and been shot, I doubt there'd be a murmur. But it's the manifestly wrongful shootings, like this, which will attract the most attention, understandably.

This shooting is probably an error by a bumbling old fool who should not be handling firearms at his age. But it will still be seen by many in the US black community as yet another example of a black person being shot dead for no substantive reason by a white officer. That theory is strengthened given the remarks made to the victim after he had been shot and lay dying.

I agree with the points you've made. Although I acknowledge that in the US there is the problem with institutional racism within the police force, I don't believe every single case where the black offender/suspect dies is race-related, as there are some cases where the police have acted legitimately - this does not include shooting unarmed suspects or suspects running away/resisting arrest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    I doubt very much that the gun was used by mistake.

If would be interesting to find out what percentage of those killed by the Police are African American.
    Well, start by looking at these stats Andrew:

BLACK 486 34%
    LATINO 113 8%
    WHITE 782 56%
    OTHER 24 2%

BLACK 312 15.2%
    LATINO 141 6.6%
    WHITE 1567 76.0%
    OTHER 45 2.2%

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/race-death-row-inmates-executed-1976

Now Sunshine, when i see you posting threads about black on black or black on white crime i'll listen to you.

You obviously don't understand!

My opinion is that the Policeman cannot mistake a gun for his taser.

I asked a simple question, all those figures with nothing at all indicating how many African Americans are killed by the Police!

We're not discussing crime in general and who's responsible.

The relevant figure would be the percentage of suspected criminals from whatever race that are shot and killed by the Police so we can make a comparison.

Comprende? :D
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy, the only thing those stats say is that black perps are more likely to be executed by the state than White perps in interational murders. It does not state that there are more black-on-white crimes than White-on-black. The color of the perp and victim does matter. Its one of the factors many legal professionals acknowledge.

Race on another race crime is not necessary racist, there has to be racist motivation or, in the case of police officers, reason to believe that the action would not have occured if victim was color xxxx.

I really do hope you are not trying to pretend that white folk, in the west, are downtrodden victims of the states.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is why no one ever discusses it. The most common cause of death amongst black men under 40 in the US is homicide - that isn't the case for other ethnic groups.

In London 175 teenagers - mostly black - have been been murdered in the last decade. Can you name any of them. It's never mentioned in the media bar on the day of the incident and no one seems to care. Yet we constantly hear about one case from 22 years ago - a young man who no one would have cared about either outside his family had he not been killed by a white gang.

I think we are entering into non-sequitur territory here. The subject is about police homicides in the US. However, I'll just say this - Terrible as it is, just because homicides are reportedly the common cause of deaths amongst black men under 40 in the US, it doesn't make the numerous police homicides of them any less of a serious issue.

On teenage murders in UK, you are very mistaken in your claims that no-one seems to care, as there are gang-crime units that have been set up to tackle the problem, and also there have been many initiatives and programs aiming to turn youths away from gangs and violence, and as a result, there have been a big reduction in youth killings over recent years. I will also point out youth violence is not only a problem for London, some other cities around the UK incl. Glasgow have the same issues in which all should be equally addressed and tackled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, along with an awfully large number of white policemen who seem to do it at a drop of a hat.

Do you have the stats for that SNS?

How do they compare to the ones i have posted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy, the only thing those stats say is that black perps are more likely to be executed by the state than White perps in interational murders. It does not state that there are more black-on-white crimes than White-on-black. The color of the perp and victim does matter. Its one of the factors many legal professionals acknowledge.

Race on another race crime is not necessary racist, there has to be racist motivation or, in the case of police officers, reason to believe that the action would not have occured if victim was color xxxx.

I really do hope you are not trying to pretend that white folk, in the west, are downtrodden victims of the states.

Really?

So now you are telling me that the entire legal system is RACIST in America (against blacks)?

They pick out RACIST juries?

They make sure RACIST judges reside over these trials?
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    for those that automatically dismiss the relevance of race in these cases any and every time this sort of thing comes up.....the city of Chicago is paying $5.5m in reparations to over 100 (mostly black) victims of a police commander that oversaw a torture ring over nearly 20 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/14/chicago-to-pay-reparations-jon-burge-police-torture-victims/25766531/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    for those that automatically dismiss the relevance of race in these cases any and every time this sort of thing comes up.....the city of Chicago is paying $5.5m in reparations to over 100 (mostly black) victims of a police commander that oversaw a torture ring over nearly 20 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/04/14/chicago-to-pay-reparations-jon-burge-police-torture-victims/25766531/

Not all black then?

Could it be possible that most of the dirty criminals that went to his police station were black? The white ones received the same nasty treatment then?

Chicago eh? Nice.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Pee wrote: »

Shocking, not only that it happened but that its taken so long to get to this point.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    Not all black then?

Could it be possible that most of the dirty criminals that went to his police station were black? The white ones received the same nasty treatment then?

Chicago eh? Nice.

by all means, miss the point if you like....