Does anybody LIKE Ricky Gervais ??

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
I just don't get all the Ricky Gervais haters !
I think he's great and I've got all of his DVD's !
Does anybody else like him ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him a lot, yes. Very talented guy.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like his stand up but that's it. I've hated every character he's played, and he doesn't seem like a nice yet I still like his stand up I'm not really sure why.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Around 10,000,000 downloads suggest there's one or two who do, me included(although the shaven headed chimp steals most shows).
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Love him. Most people don't like him because of his 'arrogant' persona, even though it's obvious he's putting it on. :confused:
  • alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE him - and so would :)
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him. Most people don't like him because of his 'arrogant' persona, even though it's obvious he's putting it on. :confused:

I don't dislike him because of his 'arrogant persona', I just don't find him funny!!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sick of hearing that old chestnut every time someone dares to say they don't like Ricky Gervais :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned he is about as funny as leprosy
  • toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry dont like him he just comes across as he thinks hes too good for everybody
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Extras and I love the Office even more, his opinions are controversial but I think he comes across fine, comic geneius!
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned he is about as funny as leprosy

In which case you don't fall into the "most people" category I originally posted.

I have no problem with people disliking him/his comedy (different strokes and all that) but a lot of people do see that whole arrogant routine and think that's really him.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky said something recently -
    "Some people hate me !
    In fact, some people hate me so much they lose sleep over it. - I don't !" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him, and most of his work.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Around 10,000,000 downloads suggest there's one or two who do, me included(although the shaven headed chimp steals most shows).

I'm in those one or two who do as well. Both The Office and Extras are works of genius. I'm not a mad fan of some of his stand-up but no matter, a minor detail, his talent legacy is established.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loathe him. His stand up is as amusing as a vaginal prolapse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    He's extremely arrogant, and I absolutely loathe his exaggerated laugh and how his mouth is wide open and 'laughing' in absolutely every single photograph he takes. He makes my skin crawl.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky is a very funny guy, a very private person - no papparazzi pics you may notice - only ever on the red carpet for premieres or at charity events.

His humour may seem cruel to some, but he is easy to avoid for all the haters. He does have many millions of fans - maybe as many non-fans.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like him. I don't love him, and he makes the occasional faux pas, but he's talented and funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan...
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very funny, clever and observant man. i particularly like his stand up routine about fat people
  • ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say, never really enjoyed Extra's or The Office, but I watched Ghost Town because there was nothing else on and I loved him as an actor. Really enjoyed The Invention of Lying as well :)
  • Sparkling GemSparkling Gem Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Love Ricky Gervais, very clever and funny guy imo:)
    Totally understand some people won't like him....humour is subjective afterall.:cool:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Love him, especially in Extras.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I think he's great, although I can see why some people don't like him, he's very much a love or hate person I think.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not me!.... i don't know why!, i have never seen anything he has been in but!, as soon as i hear him being introduced i have to turn the channel over!...... just cannot take to him......:(
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with people disliking him/his comedy (different strokes and all that) but a lot of people do see that whole arrogant routine and think that's really him.

You're not really getting it.

It doesn't really matter if he's putting it on or not, lots of people just don't find it amusing either way, and no, it's not that they don't "get" it.

I like his TV shows but he is a truly dreadful stand-up comedian.