Scherzinger's Solo Success

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
Forum Member
The X factor is not only great for Scherzinger in terms of press exposure, media commerical attention, and interviews, but it's an ideal platform for Scherzinger to release her second album and solo work in the uk. The uk have always been more appreciative of Scherzinger's talent, whether she was in The Pussycat Dolls, judging on X-factor, the Royal variety, performing or releasing solo albums that have topped the chart.

Now Scherzinger's in the uk, hoping to take over the media and setting the music charts alight. Her management obviously made the right desicion to accept X factor usa, but the problem was they didn't really help her with solo promo. "Pretty" could have been a hit and the public [as always] wasnted to purchase "Pretty" as a single and were unable to. Her management shouldn't make the same mistake now Scherzinger's on the uk panel.

Scherzinger's written hundreds of song for her upcoming albums and collaborations, so if Scherzinger was to record a second album and release it in time for the X factor, she could perform a few tracks and get number ones in both the single and album charts that could Rival Rihanna or Christina and like Adele stay in the charts for weeks on end. Scherzinger's management have a huge opportunity to help make Scherzinger's second album an international success and it all starts with the uk X factor.

If Scherzinger creates a hit, [like her song "wet"] management can't ignore it, ask her to write an unknown track and then get her to sing it like on the X factor us. Scherzinger's already media gold and getting plenty of press attention wherever she goes. Her songs are great for the airwaves and if her management promote Scherzinger's songs with more exciting performances like last year. Scherzinger could gain even more praise in the uk than her first album which critics already labelled as a fantastic debut.

Comments

• benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm presuming you like her then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    "Pretty" was terrible and contrived, I also think her management need to work on how she's presented, sometimes she comes across as a bitch then shy/meek and dull and then sometimes fun and then just plain emotional (xfactor usa).

I think when she did the auditions for xfactor uk here a couple years back she presented herself well. In terms of music she hit gold with "Dont hold your breath" she needs to progress down that route!!! Everything about the track was amazing including the video! Now shes in the UK she needs to focus on things that UK girls will relate to!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. I love Nicole and the UK appreciates her for the talented star she is. Sometimes her material can let her down, but when she has the right song she smashes it.

Nicole is already working on album 2! She should be finished soon enough since she's been slaving over it since the end of her tour. I think X Factor will get her the Cheryl-type promo and chart success, absolutely. Nicole is such a good performer too so hopefully we'll see a rejuvenation of her solo career and really see it kick off this time.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Did her album ever see the light of day in the us
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a realistic note there is always room in the here and now nostalgic tours for a Pussy Cat reunion when the career completely stalls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    I think the album stuff was management's fault. They pushed it back in the us. Haven't seen Scherzinger act "bitchy" but I think her management are trying to put her in a box. "Don't hold your breath" was great but I thought the video could have been better, it's because of Scherzinger's looks and talent that got it to number one. Went the X factor starts Scherzinger should be on every newspaper and magazine cover day in and day out, Scherzinger deserves that type of promotion.
  • sjonsjon Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    She needs new and good material. The first three songs she released in 2010/11 were good but she has lost her way a bit since then. Its time for a new album if she plans to release anything else this year, and needs to go back to the PCD sound.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Hopefully she releases the first single from the new album in November with an X Factor performance like she did back in 2010 with "Poison"! :D
    Forum Member
    Scherzinger's management should plan to release something for X factor. it will give Scherzinger a huge and well deserved publicity boost. Scherzinger wrote and Co-wrote a lot of The Pussy Cat Doll Songs when she was in the group so maybe she could use those songs and perform those herself in a fantastic X factor performance.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always get the impression that she'd sell her mother for an extra 15 minutes of fame.

The new judge should have been Kimberly Wyatt IMO.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    I always get the impression that she'd sell her mother for an extra 15 minutes of fame.

Yeah cos how many Top 10's has she had? I wanted Anastacia.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Yeah cos how many Top 10's has she had? I wanted Anastacia.

I've no idea, what's your point?
    Jesus wept, it was just an opinion. Unless you're a friend of NS, why are you getting so defensive?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she even been that sucessful here?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PAHA.

Success?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    Did her album ever see the light of day in the us

I'm American and I didn't even know her name until she die dancing with the stars. The only song of hers that I've ever heard played over here is "Right There" and I had actually forgotten that it was her song.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she even been that sucessful here?

#1 #3 #3 is how her singles run went for Killer Love went, so I'd say pretty successful....plus she's had top 10s in Germany, Australia, New Zealand, so she's not a complete flop....but as for the US, I don't think she'll ever be successful....both her 'debut' albums were shelved over there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    #1 #3 #3 is how her singles run went for Killer Love went, so I'd say pretty successful....plus she's had top 10s in Germany, Australia, New Zealand, so she's not a complete flop....but as for the US, I don't think she'll ever be successful....both her 'debut' albums were shelved over there.

I know she isn't a flop... She's like a female Jason Derulo over here - She's had some good single success, not really much album success though..and they go hand in hand in my opinion.
    Depends what one views as success.

She'll always have hits because she releases catchy songs, but I don't really see her ever taking over the world or anything... She doesn't really have a real target market in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she isn't a flop... She's had some good single success, not really much album success though..and they go hand in hand in my opinion.

She'll always have hits because she releases catchy songs, but I don't really see her ever taking over the world or anything... She doesn't really have a real target market in my opinion.

I have never expected to see her dominate the charts as although she is an incredible vocalist, there is something missing. I believe she has IT, see this performance, but it doesn't always shine through because she doesn't totally know who she wants to be....she seems to just tag along with other popstars...and where Rihanna, Katy etc have evolved and grown, she hasn't really forged a path of her own yet...

It will be interesting to see what she comes up with on her 2nd album....she's a lot like Kelly Rowland, great voice, pretty girl, has the IT factor, but there is just something missing/wrong in the image/marketing...
    Forum Member
    Kelly was always going to get Beyonce comparisons. Scherzinger was the lead of The Pussycat Dolls. Scherzinger chose to scrap her first album and her management weren't on the ball when it came to us promotion. What Scherzinger needs is mass media hype, which will spin out of control when the X factor is on and and the X factor PR machine churns out flirting with Gary and fights with Tulisa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I have never expected to see her dominate the charts as although she is an incredible vocalist, there is something missing. I believe she has IT, see this performance, but it doesn't always shine through because she doesn't totally know who she wants to be....she seems to just tag along with other popstars...and where Rihanna, Katy etc have evolved and grown, she hasn't really forged a path of her own yet...

It will be interesting to see what she comes up with on her 2nd album....she's a lot like Kelly Rowland, great voice, pretty girl, has the IT factor, but there is just something missing/wrong in the image/marketing...

See... In my opinion both can sing, but neither have the "IT factor". As much as I love Kelly Rowland she doesn't have that thing that makes people really, really obsessed with/ excited by her- same for Nicole.

I agree Nicole doesn't really have much of an identity. Even with all of her hits over here, do people really know much about her? Even with a good deal of publicity no one really does, and no one really cares either.

I don't know how to explain what I believe is the "IT factor" really, it's not just as simple as being attractive as some people might think, it's not even really about being liked by people, it's something else, but I don't think she has it. I don't even think Xfactor will enhance her career all that much. Still don't see her selling many albums.

There are simply some artists who don't really appeal to/ interest people. Maybe she's just really misunderstood.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    killer love`s actual singles chart run. #3, #1, #3, #21, #18 and the album peaked at #8.
    Forum Member
    That's not bad. People do care about Scherzinger's career.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is only because she is a WAG and danced around half naked

Since leaving that troupe she now poses naked. I guess after all surgery complete with comedy breasts it is clumsier to show it off

Now she is Cowell's puppet

A blatant case of attention seeking and PR driven career
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    She is only because she is a WAG and danced around half naked

Since leaving that troupe she now poses naked. I guess after all surgery complete with comedy breasts it is clumsier to show it off

Now she is Cowell's puppet

A blatant case of attention seeking and PR driven career

She is no more or less a WAG than Cheryl and Victoria are yet it hasn't stopped them so I don't know why you are focusing on that. As for her revealing outfits, take a look around as almost every other female popstar and you'll see the same or worse. The difference is, Nicole also has excellent vocal ability to back up her looks.

Many popstars have PR driven careers propelled by smoke and mirrors and gimmicks, the difference is, Nicole actually has talent, she can dance brilliant and sing live, unlike 80% of popstars out today and imo she deserves more credit than she gets for that. She is pretty underrated despite her success in the UK imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]
    MrMarple wrote: »

I was actually thinking of Kimberley Wyatt before I like her she seems nice and fun I'm surprised her name wasn't considered tbh she's the only other doll who's crafted a decent career outside of the band