Options

Blackpool man beaten up in "homophobic" attack...

kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
Forum Member
...has to accept that CCTV images obtained by Police clearly show that his injuries were as a result of him falling over on the pavement (probably pissed). What an idiot! :D

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/gay-attack-goes-viral-on-internet-1-6479932?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_text&obref=obinsite

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/homophobic-assault-victim-fell-on-pavement-1-6492691

Comments

• Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something has to be done regarding these homophobic pavements. They need educating that they are on the wrong path in life. However, this one sounds like a cyclepath.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha what a total div!
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    An idiot for getting caught out, and the embarrassment he must now be facing must be horrible too - he dented his teeth on the pavement, but he dented his pride with his actions.

All the same, it's a shame that the message he preached is still one that needs preaching in today's society. Most people with bloodied images like these who claim to have been victims of homophobic attacks genuinely are. I feel conflicted that he was fighting a good cause, but doing it in an utterly stupid way.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could forgive him :)
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    'Nearly 200,000 people around the world have 
re-posted an image of the 
injuries which left the teenager with teeth embedded in his gums and cheek – and have posted messages of support'.

I wonder what they're saying now :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throw the book at him for wasting police time, horrible lying little scrote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    Something has to be done regarding these homophobic pavements. They need educating that they are on the wrong path in life. However, this one sounds like a cyclepath.

I agree that this behaviour needs to be kerbed.

Although it crosses the lines there still seems to be a bit of a grey area.

The gutter press claim that re-education is money down the drain.
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a terrible and stupid thing to do. I can only liken him to a woman pretending she has been raped to get sympathy and attention.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    Throw the book at him for wasting police time, horrible lying little scrote.

Proud of that typical daily mail response there, keep up the good work.

Sure he is an idiot but perhaps he just couldn't remember until he was shown the footage and really thought he had been attacked. Anyone could make this mistake. I am not excusing his behaviour but there is no need to go overboard.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this incredibly disrespectful to genuine victims of violent homophobia, he should be ashamed of himself.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »

Sure he is an idiot but perhaps he just couldn't remember until he was shown the footage and really thought he had been attacked. Anyone could make this mistake. I am not excusing his behaviour but there is no need to go overboard.

Wasting police time is a criminal offence, What's to say that if the CCTV hadn't come to light an innocent person wouldn't have ended up wrongly convicted of this?

Being gay does not put someone above the law and this fool is unworthy of sympathy IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's weird. He could remember a group of men shouting abuse at him - might have happened, might not. He remembers that he 'just kept walking...The next thing I know I got a punch in the back of my head". He also remembers that it was definitely a homophobic attack - "...the only motive they had was because I am who I am... I want people to know this is still happening".

He didn't just assume he'd been attacked, he invented a sequence of events and even identified the precise reasoning behind the assault. He deliberately lied to the police, and should be charged.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baahaha. What a knobhead.
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Richard said he was 
attacked from behind..."

Not the first time I'd wager.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

....Really?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People like this pathetic specimen make me sick.

It's attention seekers like him that cast doubt on people believing those who have really suffered a hate crime.

The guy's an absolute tool and it's disgusting he isn't getting prosecuted for wasting police time.
    He seemed to remember the details of his "nasty unprovoked homophobic attack" just fine.
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect his primary motivation would have been the CICA claim he would have been putting in. The amount of claims people make of being attacked by unknown assailants when drunk, when in fact their only arguement have been with a lampost or pavement.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect he was just trying to get sympathy from friends and didn't expect it to get out of hand. In any case, he's a gay theatre student according to the Daily Mail, which makes him quite literally a drama queen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The funniest (saddest?) thing about this is that I checked his Facebook last week and he was getting THOUSANDS of "likes" on his statuses. He was really, really milking the situation. Like, proper huge paragraphs educating everyone to "love eachother" and "spread the word" etc. He was getting so much comments like "stay strong, you're so brave" etc. He's used his new "fame" to promote himself and his life and has been getting hundreds of likes on everything he's posted.

Ugh. What a bloody idiot.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    In any case, he's a gay theatre student according to the Daily Mail, which makes him quite literally a drama queen.

lol :blush:

I can't even begin to imagine how embarrassing this must be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is my story, for all those thinking im doing it for 'fame' or followers, I'm not. I would give up all this publicity, but it's a good thing, my story is out there, people NEED to be aware that these attacks are still out there, I got off lucky in many ways as I could have been killed, even if it verbal abuse or physical, no one should feel the way I feel just because of who they are.

But it's time to find the 'good' if any of what happened to me, im an example that these attacks still happen in our country and that this discrimination NEEDS to stop. Please be safe on nights out, no matter who you are, man or woman, gay or straight, black or white, race or ethnicity. People will find a motive for anything, it's wrong.

Stop discrimination if you see it in the streets, stick together, lets fight this discrimination and violence. We are humans, be true to who you are.

One of his many speeches on Facebook. :p Oh my God.
  • Options
    rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    What an idiot. Straight on Facebook and gets hundreds of thousands of supportive messages and goes viral, I think the theater student was just trying to get his name out there and become famous. Well he has now got 15 minutes of fame. Hope you never treads the boards luvvie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... "I got off lucky in many ways as I could have been killed ... "

Only if the pavement had a gun.
    What an absolute bellend.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    an absolute idiot