A row between a Muslim man and a woman who had her feet on the seats on the train

Skyler_WrightSkyler_Wright Posts: 1,652
Forum Member
✭✭✭
WATCH: This Train Row Escalates Very Quickly.
The man was upset that a lady had her shoes on the seat, but that soon escalated as other people on the carriage get involved.
"I pray with my shoes on, I am a Christian".

http://www.lbc.co.uk/huge-london-overground-row-over-woman-with-feet-on-the-seats-116056

She shouldn't of had her feet on the seat.

Comments

• TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i hate it when people do that, it is very rude
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone knows not to put your feet on seats, so I'm having none of it. What can you do about idiots who still do it anyway? I'm not sure that turning it into a bit of argy bargy like this is the answer. Both as bad as each other.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there really was nobody worth cheering for in that game.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    WATCH: This Train Row Escalates Very Quickly.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/huge-london-overground-row-over-woman-with-feet-on-the-seats-116056

She shouldn't of had her feet on the seat.

No she shouldn't have but he overreacted. Prison for putting your feet on a seat!?
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    No she shouldn't have but he overreacted. Prison for putting your feet on a seat!?

i didn't watch the video as i get very uncomfortable seeing people argue but you are right, that is a overreaction
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure his religion is relevant anyway - most people know it's rude to other passengers to do it. You don't know where your shoes have been and to put them up where others will sit is disrespectful. There's plenty of messages on trains and tube trains about it too. So I'm not entirely convinced this is about a muslim guy and a woman than it is about two people on a train having an argument about putting your feet on seats.
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is his English so bad if he was born here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus wept.....
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of manners, it's rude that she put her shoes on the seat, but it is not a crime and she is free to do so if she pleases.

This man, however, has absolutely no right to bring his religion into the argument as his religion has absolutely nothing to do with anybody else.

The fact that he wanted to pray there has nothing to do with anybody else on the train. If he politely informed her that her actions had inconvenienced him, for her information, then that is one thing. She can then choose to take that on board or ignore it as she is free to.

But to have a go at her for doing something that she is perfectly within her rights to do in a public place, because it interfered with his religious practice, is completely unacceptable.

Religious people need to accept that their religion is their religion. Nobody is obliged to accommodate their beliefs.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one who came out worst in that video is surely the laughable white guy who thinks he's a gangster. "Step off the train, come" What, you're going to beat up an old man?
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    In terms of manners, it's rude that she put her shoes on the seat, but it is not a crime and she is free to do so if she pleases.

This man, however, has absolutely no right to bring his religion into the argument as his religion has absolutely nothing to do with anybody else.

The fact that he wanted to pray there has nothing to do with anybody else on the train. If he politely informed her that her actions had inconvenienced him, for her information, then that is one thing. She can then choose to take that on board or ignore it as she is free to.

But to have a go at her for doing something that she is perfectly within her rights to do in a public place, because it interfered with his religious practice, is completely unacceptable.

Religious people need to accept that their religion is their religion. Nobody is obliged to accommodate their beliefs.

I agree with you mostly but putting your feet on the seats on public transport is illegal and carries an on the spot fine of £50 and will go on your record as a criminal offence.

But I do agree anyone forcing their religion on to another person or assuming their religion comes first above all needs to get a grip.

They were both being utter morons to be honest.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trivial's of society these days...
    I'd rather give my house to a "lowly" prostitute who did nothing for me than some religious.......person, especially the barbaric... "types".

Call me racist, xeno, bigot all you want. In the end you are the one failing modern humanity in of all your reclusive ways of so-called educated understandability of society.
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Video is inconclusive, we don't know what went on before. I can only assume that he sat opposite her, she placed her shoes on the chair as well as his Islamic clothes..... Assumption was based on him saying he prays in those clothes

The girl is an idiot though, if I had my feet up on a seat and someone pulled me up on it I would apologise, she had no intention to. The guy over reacted, guy in his glasses tried his best to diffuse the situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I agree with you mostly but putting your feet on the seats on public transport is illegal and carries an on the spot fine of £50 and will go on your record as a criminal offence.

But I do agree anyone forcing their religion on to another person or assuming their religion comes first above all needs to get a grip.

They were both being utter morons to be honest.

Well said about the illegal aspect of putting your feet on the seats. You'd think more people would know, given the number of posters warning about it, dotted about the place. It's not just a nuisance, it is a crime.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure anybody came out of that looking good. The sense of entitlement on both sides is staggering (I give extra points to the woman though who keeps filming while arguing).

Calling the police though... obvious bluff is obvious. :D:D
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't abide ill bred ignoramuses who put their clad feet on public seating. Their own homes must be sh!t stained hovels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure anybody came out of that looking good. The sense of entitlement on both sides is staggering (I give extra points to the woman though who keeps filming while arguing).

Calling the police though... obvious bluff is obvious. :D:D

Lol
    I'm sure he typed in more than 3 numbers into his phone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »

Is that right? I didn't know that. Can you link to some information about that, because I can't find any info about it on the TfL or British Transport Police websites?
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Good on him for calling her out on her behaviour
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    Good on him for calling her out on her behaviour

I would agree with you if he hadn't brought his religion into it. His religion has got f**k all to do with anybody else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet she didn't get the reaction she was hoping for when she posted the video
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody is in the right in that video, in my opinion.

People should not put their feet on the seats, likewise the old guy was way too precious about it.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I would agree with you if he hadn't brought his religion into it. His religion has got f**k all to do with anybody else.

So what? He likes to pray and he says he will get his clothes dirty. He can bring up praying if he wants, it may be irrelevant but so what.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had I have been on the train, I would have asked her politely to remove her feet from the seat, as what she was doing was clearly antisocial.

What I would not do however, is to start ranting and raving and bringing religion into it. He should realise that the rules of Islam pertain ONLY to Muslims and nobody else.
  • ThisGuysGoodThisGuysGood Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was no need for religion to be mentioned but putting shoes on the seats is not the done thing. The next person who sits on that seat probably doesn't want their work clothes/suit/outfit potentially picking up traces of dog crap, chewing gum, spit/thlegm etc.

But he should of politely asked the lady to remove her feet if he felt it bothered him so much. If she refused his polite request he should then of found the trains conductor and asked him to remind the lady that terms of using the train do require you to respect the train and other passengers.