cybermen?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
Forum Member
✭✭
I,ve read that the Cybermen might be in the new series, has anyone read that?

Comments

• tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a persistent rumour, but unconfirmed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But will it be the Cybermen, or the Cybusmen?

:eek:
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But will it be the Cybermen, or the Cybusmen?

:eek:

Moffat has said he wants to use the original Cybermen. Hopefully that means no more Cybusmen.
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat has said he wants to use the original Cybermen. Hopefully that means no more Cybusmen.

Unless, SM does something similar to what RTD did in series 2, and arrange for the Cybermen and Cybusmen to battle it out in the Finale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    :confused:
    Vabosity wrote: »
    Unless, SM does something similar to what RTD did in series 2, and arrange for the Cybermen and Cybusmen to battle it out in the Finale.

"Exxxcellent".

Actually it's difficult to type in the Cybercontrollers voice...:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vabosity wrote: »

That would suck
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

"Exxxcellent".

Actually it's difficult to type in the Cybercontrollers voice...:confused:

Meh, its good enough
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I suspect though, that regardless of where they come from, they'll look a lot more like Cybus Cybermen than Mondas Cybermen.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect though, that regardless of where they come from, they'll look a lot more like Cybus Cybermen than Mondas Cybermen.
    I got the impression from The Next Doctor that the Cybus Cyber King could have ended up on or near Mondas. A single line of dialogue could easily tie up all the continuity without alienating the audience.
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I got the impression from The Next Doctor that the Cybus Cyber King could have ended up on or near Mondas. A single line of dialogue could easily tie up all the continuity without alienating the audience.

Weren't the Mondas Cybermen the eventual consequence of people on Mondas implanting more and more cybernetic parts on themselves, rather than the forced conversions that were right at the start of the Cybus Cybermen? If that's more-or-less right, I think the Cyberking landing on Mondas and forcibly converting its population would be a huge rewrite of continuity.

I think their development should remain separate but similar, the same way other things have been portrayed between the two universes. When I said they'd look more like the Cybusmen, it was my way of saying the original Cybermen costumes would look pretty silly. The heads were fine, but the metallic suits always looked like they were something they were wearing, rather than a part of them. You could go another way entirely, with a metallic-looking flexible full body suit, but those tend to be quite expensive and not very respectful of continuity and history
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't the Mondas Cybermen the eventual consequence of people on Mondas implanting more and more cybernetic parts on themselves, rather than the forced conversions that were right at the start of the Cybus Cybermen? If that's more-or-less right, I think the Cyberking landing on Mondas and forcibly converting its population would be a huge rewrite of continuity.
    It doesn't have to play out like that. For example, the wrecked Cyberking could end up on Mondas, and bits and pieces of it found by their scientists could be what inspires the development of their cybernetic technology in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If The Grand Moff does indeed intend to bring back the Cybermen, does that mean we could still have a TV adaptation of Spare Parts, like RotC/AoS nearly was but isn't?

Might be a bit grim for Saturday tea time viewing, an excellent Genesis of the Cybermen tale none the less.

If they were brought back to our universe, then either to have the clunky first generation effect that RotC you'd need a Spare Parts-style adventure to introduce them pre-Tenth Planet, or they'd have to be super-slick advanced on the Cybus version, post-Silver Nemesis.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cybermen have always been crap at choosing scripts, with only very rare exceptions. I wasn't struck with them in their 21st century appearances, but I spose it's inevitable they'll return sooner or later. (Stifles yawn at the thought).
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member

Really? Hadn't heard that. I hope he will go down that route.
  • stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I now have an image of a few Cybermen sitting in a room leafing through scripts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Cybusmen should be sent to the destructor immediatly!
    An insult to Peddler/Davis.:mad:

REAL Cybermen or nothing please!
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stafs wrote: »
    I now have an image of a few Cybermen sitting in a room leafing through scripts.

I loved the outtake in Series 2 - of the cybermen playing with K9 in a park.

It's not true what they say, Cybermen have feelings too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I loved the outtake in Series 2 - of the cybermen playing with K9 in a park.

It's not true what they say, Cybermen have feelings too.

On a completely digressive note, whatever happened to the outtakes from series 4? Seen all the others on youtube, but not series 4...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Nymon1 wrote: »
    On a completely digressive note, whatever happened to the outtakes from series 4? Seen all the others on youtube, but not series 4...

Wasnt any for Series 4 :(
    Forum Member
    Might the 'silent menace' that follows the Doctor and Amy throughout the series until the finale be the cybermen? It would be a bit difficult keeping those boots quiet though...
    That said, I'd personally rather see something completely new being used for the finale, rather than the Daleks/Cybermen/Master/Daleks again big bad. Not criticising those finales, it's just been done before.
    RTD's use of the Time Lords as the big bad was a fairly refreshing approach, it's just a shame it was let down by a real curate's egg of a finale (brilliant in places, bad in others IMVVVVVVVVHO).
    Forum Member
    Bolly81 wrote: »
    Wasnt any for Series 4 :(

I suppose they were so professional for series 4 that they didn't make any mistakes? That'll never wash... ;):D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stafs wrote: »

CyberLeader: Do I get to say "Excellent" in this one? I Love saying "Excellent!!!"

Cyberman: I can not see it.

CyberLeader: Pity. Tell me, we at least don't say "Delete" all the time.

Cyberman: Only in once Scene, and you do have a nice speech.

Cyberleader: Let me See. "We will CONTROL Humanity, We will ALTer Humanity we will DELETE any who stand in our way"

All Cybermen: "CONTROL, ALT, DELETE! CONTROL, ALT, DELETE! CONTROL, ALT, DELETE!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Nymon1 wrote: »
    I suppose they were so professional for series 4 that they didn't make any mistakes? That'll never wash... ;):D

lol I dont think so :p with Catherine Tate on Board, wish they did cos there prob would have been so many ones with her and DT :D
  • reeleyreeley Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    CyberLeader: Do I get to say "Excellent" in this one? I Love saying "Excellent!!!"

Cyberman: I can not see it.

CyberLeader: Pity. Tell me, we at least don't say "Delete" all the time.

Cyberman: Only in once Scene, and you do have a nice speech.

Cyberleader: Let me See. "We will CONTROL Humanity, We will ALTer Humanity we will DELETE any who stand in our way"

All Cybermen: "CONTROL, ALT, DELETE! CONTROL, ALT, DELETE! CONTROL, ALT, DELETE!"

<<<PAUSE>>>>

the tv screen resets to blue.

The End.
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever brings back the Cybusmen instead of the original Cybermen must be found.....and destroyed.:cool: