Thunder & lightning (very, very frightening)

Comments

• November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Watching Napoleon Dynamite whilst waiting for the storms.

I love that film. I was only watching it the other night.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love thunder storms. Can't remember the last time we had a right good one.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it Thundered here Monday morning around 7am, but I was sound asleep. :(
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    patience my pretty, patience..
    :-D
    Nature shall consume us all one fine day.
    Not if we consume her first. More cars and car parks, and cheap flights should do it.
  • shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had an enormous storm on Monday night - unfortunately, I was in a theatre at the time, so missed it, but could hear the thunder as clearly as if it was a sound effect in the play!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a random clap of thunder the other evening that woke me out of a lovely nap sharpish. At first, I thought the balloon had gone up.

Another random flash and clap the other day which fizzled to nowt and I was most disappointed.

I love a good thunderstorm. Have been fascinated ever since an incident when I was at school. We were doing PE in the gym hall where the back windows were all glass (bit dodgy for a gymnasium full of giddy kids but it was the 70s/ 80's). Ball lighting struck a chimney next to the school and we saw the actual ball of blue lightning land and fizzle out on the grass next to the windows. It was scary at the time but we were really lucky to see something so rare.
    Even better, the chimney had to be demolished because it was tilting and we all got sent home!
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowes Isle of widget

Is the world ending?

storm here now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I Like them too!
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hailstones the size of golf balls here. (Well the size of marbles actually but we all like to exaggerate).
  • spolierspolier Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    We just had one pathetic clap of thunder. My farts are louder
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeus and his thunderbolts just paid a visit here in middx followed by a bleedin monsoon

:D

love it though my poor moggy is frightened
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was like the end of the world here in central London just now.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a thunderstorm that lasted about 30-45 mins. Some really loud rumbles of thunder at the same time it was flashing so was right over us.

I remember Wimbledon 2011 was very very stormy. There was a clip on the news of the tennis player ducking cos it was so loud :D I have never heard thunder like that before or since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFLhiUQDwk here's a clip :D
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Washing on the line, pissing down with rain, yep! :(
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    It was like the end of the world here in central London just now.

Just finished in North London :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We just had a short storm for 10 mins or so here in Bexley. It looked promising but soon moved off. Bit disappointed really
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Washing on the line, pissing down with rain, yep! :(

Thats a bummer lol, have visions of you running out like beny hill to get it all in.....got clear blue skies now and wondering where's the rainbow, not seen one for ages now
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spitalfields market has got a massive leak in it now. Fire alarm went off in my building so we all had to go outside! Hail, lightening, thunder, crazy rain.

Blue skies now...!
  • TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galileo. Figaro. Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?

What have I been drinking?

So as you seem to be quoting from the song Bohemian Rhapsody on the Album "A Night At The Opera" by the band named Queen, this thread title should be "Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me". ;-)
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here in North Bucks we have had 28mm of rain so far today, some very severe forked lightning strikes and crackling thunder sounds since about 1.30pm and amongst the torrential downpours some hefty sized hail slightly bigger than marbles which made an enormous racket hitting windows and doors.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    Thats a bummer lol, have visions of you running out like beny hill to get it all in.....got clear blue skies now and wondering where's the rainbow, not seen one for ages now

It's quite windy now, hopefully if it's not splattered with dirt bouncing up off the ground it'll be dry tomorrow. :D
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Are a few thunderclaps and lightning bolts the new "few inches of snow" for the home counties? :p
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    The rain made for an intersting shift this afternoon. This is what I came into.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Boyrevel/status/469527995045388288/photo/1

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    where is the thunder ?I miss the storms..Hardly ever thunders here so i was glad it did..Pelted down with rain too, but it rains more or less every day anyway here :D
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another chance for the storms this weekend.