Options

X Factor 2014 - The Official Bootcamp Thread :)

Comments

• Options
    Rye_Alexander1Rye_Alexander1 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Didn't get through. I asked a guy on Twitter who was at the auditions.

Not again :(
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    OMG the live boot camp and 6 chair thing is doing nothing to disprove the whole show is one big FIX
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, as promised here's my review:

Ended up staying for both the girls and the groups. I'm very bad with names, so please excuse me!! The girls...the only one that really impressed me was Steph. Some of the others had great voices, but none of them really seemed to have the whole package. I can't rememebr what song Steph sang, but she sort of reggaed it up a bit. She was confident, soudned great, came across well, the judges and crowd loved here...she seemed very current and relevant. Definitely the standout. There was another girl was was great too...I think her name was Monica. Cheryl didnt put her through though and the crowd were furious. People weren't just booing, they were even walking out. Cheryl made bad descions, but to be honest it wasn't really her fault...it was so obvious that she was having to do what the producers wanted. She got rid fo someone good and replaced them with a novelty act...which infuriated the crowd. You could tell that Cheryl didn't want to have to do it though, but it was producer interference, and because the crowd were booing her she then ended up trying to defend herself by saying stupid thing like "You don't understand how hard it is" and "I feel sick". Thing is though, it wasn't hard...it was obvious who was good and who wasn't, but she was doing what the producers wanted, which then resulted in the crowd booing her and walking out and her having to try and defend herself which amde her look more stupid. But yeah, apart from Steph, nobody was anything special. Any of the girls that were any good, Cheryl sent home.

Now onto the groups. The best sounding group was a manufactured boy band...the judges and crowd loved them. It's a boy band, but the only problem with them is that there's eight of them in the group. They sounded great, but just looked ridiculous and even if they get to the live shows I can't see them going very far as there was just too many of them and I don't think they worked as a group. The most upsetting part of the entire day and the part you probably all want to know...Lydia Lucy is not through. She was in a girl band that was sent home. I'm gutted for her...she shouldn't have even been put in a group in my opinion as she was fine as a soloist. A lot of people were mentioning her name throughout the day and really liked her and were actually waiting to see her...lots of dissapointed people. The way the groups worked was even more ridiuclous than the girls. Again, there as so much producer interference...Louis would make decisions that you could tell Simon and the producers were not happy with, and the enxt minute you'd see a producer running up to Simon. There was a sing off between some groups at the end and Louis was told who to pick...a producer went up to Simon and Louis sat there waiting before saying which one he was going to pick. I can't really remeber many of the names of the groups to be honest as the whole session was all over the place. I'm glad the Pow Pow Girls didn't get through...not good at all. APpart from Steph in the girls session, nobody was put through at all during the whole day who i thought had real potential...some great voices, but they didn't really have anything more to them.I wouldnt' bother going to watch filming again...I always knew the show was manipulated, but my god, when you actually go to watch it you realsie that's a complete fix. Also, I've noticed today that the executive producer even follows some contestants on twitter. That's very strange in my opinion...he's he executive producer of the show and should be impartial. Just a compleet dissapointment and definitely fixed.

I think the manufactured girl group won the sing-off ?
    By the way, are all manufactured boy band members white ? I mean, they don't have black/asian members, right ? Just want to clarify since I'm figuring out their members right now :D
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ended up staying for both the girls and the groups. I'm very bad with names, so please excuse me!! The girls...the only one that really impressed me was Steph. Some of the others had great voices, but none of them really seemed to have the whole package. I can't rememebr what song Steph sang, but she sort of reggaed it up a bit. She was confident, soudned great, came across well, the judges and crowd loved here...she seemed very current and relevant. Definitely the standout. There was another girl was was great too...I think her name was Monica. Cheryl didnt put her through though and the crowd were furious. People weren't just booing, they were even walking out. Cheryl made bad descions, but to be honest it wasn't really her fault...it was so obvious that she was having to do what the producers wanted. She got rid fo someone good and replaced them with a novelty act...which infuriated the crowd. You could tell that Cheryl didn't want to have to do it though, but it was producer interference, and because the crowd were booing her she then ended up trying to defend herself by saying stupid thing like "You don't understand how hard it is" and "I feel sick". Thing is though, it wasn't hard...it was obvious who was good and who wasn't, but she was doing what the producers wanted, which then resulted in the crowd booing her and walking out and her having to try and defend herself which amde her look more stupid. But yeah, apart from Steph, nobody was anything special. Any of the girls that were any good, Cheryl sent home.

Now onto the groups. The best sounding group was a manufactured boy band...the judges and crowd loved them. It's a boy band, but the only problem with them is that there's eight of them in the group. They sounded great, but just looked ridiculous and even if they get to the live shows I can't see them going very far as there was just too many of them and I don't think they worked as a group. The most upsetting part of the entire day and the part you probably all want to know...Lydia Lucy is not through. She was in a girl band that was sent home. I'm gutted for her...she shouldn't have even been put in a group in my opinion as she was fine as a soloist. A lot of people were mentioning her name throughout the day and really liked her and were actually waiting to see her...lots of dissapointed people. The way the groups worked was even more ridiuclous than the girls. Again, there as so much producer interference...Louis would make decisions that you could tell Simon and the producers were not happy with, and the enxt minute you'd see a producer running up to Simon. There was a sing off between some groups at the end and Louis was told who to pick...a producer went up to Simon and Louis sat there waiting before saying which one he was going to pick. I can't really remeber many of the names of the groups to be honest as the whole session was all over the place. I'm glad the Pow Pow Girls didn't get through...not good at all. APpart from Steph in the girls session, nobody was put through at all during the whole day who i thought had real potential...some great voices, but they didn't really have anything more to them.I wouldnt' bother going to watch filming again...I always knew the show was manipulated, but my god, when you actually go to watch it you realsie that's a complete fix. Also, I've noticed today that the executive producer even follows some contestants on twitter. That's very strange in my opinion...he's he executive producer of the show and should be impartial. Just a compleet dissapointment and definitely fixed.

Wait, I thought that Lydia and her group got through.??? Somebody said they did
  • Options
    RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emily Middlemas just won the teen star competition 2014 2 weeks ago. Was she the 17 year old that Simon said stood out at the last minute try outs at wembley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gotHqM33Pk

Also did Ebony Day and Kisela Barice get through ?

Emily was brilliant at her arena audition. She performed her own song Whisper on the Friday Afternoon session.
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member

Did a Geordie get through people were saying she was quite good ?
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steph to win
  • Options
    shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been told the BOYS will be leaving for Judges Houses on Wednesday. This is by Geoff Mull who was originally given the date by his researcher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph Nala sang Reggae Version of "Wicked Game" based on someone on Twitter.
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »
    Steph Nala sang Reggae Version of "Wicked Game" based on someone on Twitter.

this is a male reggae version of wicked game, maybe it will have some similarities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_ZVo9hxNA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are the 6 girls
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Who are the 6 girls

So far, based on people who went there,

Top 6 Girls
    1. Steph Nala (The Luminites from BGT)
    2. Lola
    3. Chloe-Jasmine (The Face contestant & novelty act)
    4. Another Chloe
    5. Emily Middlemas
    6. ???????

Top 6 Groups
    1. Manufactured 8 piece boy band
    2. Manufactured 5 piece boy band
    3. Concept
    4. The Brooks (twin brother)
    5. Only The Young
    6. Electric Blonde (american female duo, novelty act)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Steph to win
  • Options
    mgiudamgiuda Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did an Abee Howe make the girls?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the manufactured girl group with Lydia get through???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did the manufactured girl group with Lydia get through???

No Lydia lucy has tweeted that she's out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for the double post....

But I found another girl who made judges homes. Her name is Lauren Platt. People are tweeting her congratulating her on making judges homes.

So the 6 girls are:
    1. Steph Nala
    2. Chloe Jasmine
    3. Emily Middlemas
    4. Lauren Platt
    5. Lola
    6. Chloe O Gorman (auditioned last year) ?
  • Options
    clara_sclara_s Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    By the way, are all manufactured boy band members white ? I mean, they don't have black/asian members, right ? Just want to clarify since I'm figuring out their members right now :D

Yep. They were all white and ranged in age from 14 to about 20.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I think the manufactured girl group won the sing-off ?

from what i've seen, yes. i can tell you four members - barclay beales, tom mann, jake sims, casey cody. unsure of the rest. there's another one i haven't named but i'm 80% sure he's gigged with Only The Young before. anyway else find it ironic that half of these members are rejects from the boys catagory last year?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I agree with MAster Ozzy's review..I always knew it was partly fixed but it SOOO OBVIOUS LMAO. You'd think they'd try to hide it.

Anyway despite being fixed I also think if there's true extraordinary talent (aka Leona Lewis level) then they would get through...and frankly there was no-one like that at all...and whilst novelty acts were picked over 'talent'...frankly that 'talent' was no 'out of this world' level talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgiuda wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post....

But I found another girl who made judges homes. Her name is Lauren Platt. People are tweeting her congratulating her on making judges homes.

So the 6 girls are:
    1. Steph Nala
    2. Chloe Jasmine
    3. Emily Middlemas
    4. Lauren Platt
    5. Lola
    6. Chloe O Gorman (auditioned last year) ?
    I hope Steph gets through
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would Love Steph to win! her voice is so unique! There is nobody out there like her at the moment. And also I think the talent level is actually higher than the last 4 years tbh going by the acts we have heard about!

At the end of the day its not who has the best voice but who will sell the most records
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone make a list of the 24 acts through?:)
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would Love Steph to win! her voice is so unique! There is nobody out there like her at the moment. And also I think the talent level is actually higher than the last 4 years tbh going by the acts we have heard about!

At the end of the day its not who has the best voice but who will sell the most records

I must be the only one to find her voice a bit nasally and weak from what I've seen, maybe she will surprise me, but that girl that sings 'Kisses for Breakfast'' kind of reminds me of her
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone said there's two manufactured boybands did they? I thought it was the 8 piece, electric blonde, oty, concept, the brooks and a girlband?