Options

Disneyland world Orlando florida, Which TOWN is it in/near? (from this list) ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    All of the above is personal opinion of course, except the fact Disneyland Paris is virtually identical to Magic Kingdom & Disney Hollywood Studios.

I'll have to disagree, they're not identical. Sure you can find similar attractions, but they're all variants on the originals. For example, Magic Kingdom's Pirates was an afterthought and thanks to the nature of the location, its a much shorter experience than the other three in the world.

As for the comparison of the Studios - they're completely different parks, not only in scale but in style. They actually only share four attractions (and one of them is a clone from California). WDS is a half day park at best.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Not really Magic Kingdom & The Studios are virtually the same...which is what Disneyland Paris is, so if comparing to the Florida version that is what you compare it too, in fact Disney Tokyo is the same as Magic Kingdom & Disney Paris....they all pretty much a muchness. Florida offers Epcot & Animal Kingdom and you ain't missing much with those two either.

Unless you are a Disney fan or have kids, then save your money and go to the better parks in Orlando (Universal & Sea World) and make sure you go to Busch Gardens as well.

All of the above is personal opinion of course, except the fact Disneyland Paris is virtually identical to Magic Kingdom & Disney Hollywood Studios.

Sorry I should rephrase that. There are a multitude of more parks in Florida, plus there is all the other attractions and the shopping etc.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Right,

First of all - counties are not towns.

So, Walt Disney World is in the Lake Buena Vista area, which is considered part of Orlando City, which is in Orange County.

So, Disney World Florida is inside Orange County. The nearest city (for airports etc) would thus presumably be Orlando.

I hope that answers your question. If not, then I don't have a clue what you're asking, your post makes very little sense.

Isnt orange county in california? So nowhere near florida?

Eta just googled and there are at least three orange counties in america. Op make sure you get the right one :D
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Paris county. :p

I take it that the smiley means you're kidding, but there is no Paris county.
    Marne-La-Vallée is in the Seine-Et-Marne Départment, which comes under
    the general umbrella of Île-De-France.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dellab49 wrote: »
    Orlando Florida, Disneyland world, which town in Orlando is this in?

and which of these following towns, is Disneyland world Florida nearest?

Brevard County
    Lake County
    Orlando - Orange County
    Osceola County
    Polk County
    Seminole County
    Volusia County

which of them 7 is Nearest to Disneyland Orlando?
    (or even, which of them towns IS where Disneyland is actually located in?)

Osceola County
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really Magic Kingdom & The Studios are virtually the same...which is what Disneyland Paris is, so if comparing to the Florida version that is what you compare it too, in fact Disney Tokyo is the same as Magic Kingdom & Disney Paris....they all pretty much a muchness. Florida offers Epcot & Animal Kingdom and you ain't missing much with those two either.

Unless you are a Disney fan or have kids, then save your money and go to the better parks in Orlando (Universal & Sea World) and make sure you go to Busch Gardens as well.

Sorry but I have to disagree, the MK is nothing like Disneyland Park in Paris. Two totally different parks which happen to have some of the same rides.

If you think that your not missing much with EPCOT and the AK then I feel sorry for you. EPCOT has Soarin', Test Track, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Spaceship Earth to name but a few rides. Throw in World Showcase with all the different foods and drinks and you have a unique theme park which Universal and Busch only wish they could match.

Universal's parks and Busch Gardens are fun, don't get me wrong but Disney goes that extra mile when the other two sit down even when more can be done.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Sorry but I have to disagree, the MK is nothing like Disneyland Park in Paris. Two totally different parks which happen to have some of the same rides.

If you think that your not missing much with EPCOT and the AK then I feel sorry for you. EPCOT has Soarin', Test Track, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Spaceship Earth to name but a few rides. Throw in World Showcase with all the different foods and drinks and you have a unique theme park which Universal and Busch only wish they could match.

Universal's parks and Busch Gardens are fun, don't get me wrong but Disney goes that extra mile when the other two sit down even when more can be done.

Please don't...The Disney parks are for kids, if you are a kid fair enough, with the exception of Epcot which is the only decent WDW park and offers something a little different though still not missing much if you don't go, but Animal Kingdom now your having a laugh....Disney certainly goes the extra mile to get more money from you.

Unfortunately next year I might have to go to MK, because my daughter would like to see it, hopefully she might forget, because all she is mentioning at the moment is Sea World, and the Spider Man ride at Universal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please don't...The Disney parks are for kids, if you are a kid fair enough, with the exception of Epcot which is the only decent WDW park and offers something a little different though still not missing much if you don't go, but Animal Kingdom now your having a laugh....Disney certainly goes the extra mile to get more money from you.

Unfortunately next year I might have to go to MK, because my daughter would like to see it, hopefully she might forget, because all she is mentioning at the moment is Sea World, and the Spider Man ride at Universal.

I'm an adult and love all the Disney parks except Epcot which I think is boring as hell. Which just shows that we're all different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an adult and love all the Disney parks except Epcot which I think is boring as hell. Which just shows that we're all different.

Still if rollercoasters are your thing then avoid Disney altogether...cause WDW just doesn't have anything worth riding when it comes to those rides.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Disneyworld HQ is in Lake Buena Vista, but the parks themselves are actually in Bay Lake ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm 29 and first experienced Walt Disney World in 2006, Disney is far from been just for kids. There is something for everyone.

Hey, if you don't wanna go then I'll happily take your place next year :D The Spiderman ride is awesome but is on the old side. If you can, you must try the Ratatouille ride in Disney Studios in Paris, similar to Spiderman but with the latest tech. It's stunning.

I'll always have a place in my heart for the Hulk ride too, that's a beast. I've gone past the need for speed and cheap thrills which is why I appreciate Disney and all the work and effort which goes into every single detail of their parks. Two of my favourite rides are the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carrabean, two well themed rides with very catchy songs. No need for thrills when you have excellent storytelling and great set designs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still if rollercoasters are your thing then avoid Disney altogether...cause WDW just doesn't have anything worth riding when it comes to those rides.

Come on now, they don't have loads like Busch but here are a few:

Rock n Rollercoaster
    Expedition Everest
    Tower of Terror (not a rollercoaster but is in the thrill ride brackett)
    Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
    Space Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Crush's Coaster
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it that the smiley means you're kidding, but there is no Paris county.
    Marne-La-Vallée is in the Seine-Et-Marne Départment, which comes under
    the general umbrella of Île-De-France.

I didn't know all those details but I knew it wasn't a county and yes I was kidding in the same vein in this thread DisneyLand is in Florida, Florida is in Ontario and Orlando is a county. ;-)
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the OP should be allowed outside unsupervised let alone out of the Country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on now, they don't have loads like Busch but here are a few:

Rock n Rollercoaster - Okay, best of a bad lot (Sea World has two much better & Islands of Adventure not mentioning Busch Gardens)
    Expedition Everest - 2nd Best but doesn't really take an awful lot.
    Tower of Terror (not a rollercoaster but is in the thrill ride brackett) - Dull, not in the slightest bit thrilling.
    Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama - kids coaster
    Space Mountain - Oh dear
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - even worse then space mountain
    Crush's Coaster
    -again another kids coaster

For roller coasters they are very poor compared to even Drayton Manor. As I say great for kids rides, and adults who enjoy the gentler pace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For roller coasters they are very poor compared to even Drayton Manor.

I'd hate to be your son if you think Drayton Manor has better rides than Walt Disney World.

The parks you like, Universal, Sea World and Busch all lack the same things, creativity, which Disney has tonnes of. It's all well and good having a huge ride but all these other parks could try to add a story to their rides, make it more interesting:

Hulk has a very loose story in the way that Banner is doing a test which goes wrong.

If Sea World, Universal and Busch didn't have these roller coasters, do you think they would get the numbers that they manage to get with coasters ? I don't think so, yet Disney manages it.

Top largest amusement park corporations in order of annual attendance (from 2008 to 2013)

#1 Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - 118,000,000 - 119,100,000 - 120,600,000 - 121,400,000 - 126,479,000 - 132,549,000

#3 Universal Studios Group - 25,700,000 - 23,700,000 - 26,300,000 - 30,800,000 - 34,515,000 - 36,360,000

#8 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment - 23,000,000 - 23,500,000 - 22,400,000 - 23,600,000 - 24,310,000 - 23,400,000

If you want a park by park breakdown:

#1 Magic Kingdom - 17,063,000 - 17,233,000 - 16,972,000 - 17,142,000 - 17,536,000 - 18,588,000
    #2 Tokyo Disneyland
    #3 Disneyland
    #4 Tokyo Disney Sea
    #5 EPCOT
    #6 Disneyland Park Paris
    #7 Disney Animal Kingdom
    #8 Disney Hollywood Studios
    #9 Universal Studios Japan - 8,300,000 - 8,000,000 - 8,160,000 - 8,500,000 - 9,700,000 - 10,100,000
    #10 Disney California Adventure
    #11 Islands of Adventure - 5,297,000 - 4,627,000 - 5,949,000 - 7,674,000 - 7,981,000 - 8,141,000
    #16 Universal Studios Orlando - 6,231,000 - 5,530,000 - 5,925,000 - 6,044,000 - 6,195,000 - 7,062,000
    #19 Sea World Orlando - 5,926,000 - 5,800,000 - 5,100,000 - 5,202,000 - 5,358,000 - 5,090,000
    #27 - Busch Gardens Tampa - 4,410,000 - 4,100,000 - 4,200,000 - 4,284,000 - 4,348,000 - 4,087,000

That is painful reading and to see Disney dominate is nothing short of well deserved. What would these numbers look like if the Universal, Sea World and Busch did away with roller coasters ?

Maybe they should be more creative rather than a cheap thrill which is clearly not a winning formula ?
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I don't think the OP should be allowed outside unsupervised let alone out of the Country.

That's what I thought. I bet they'd get lost!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd hate to be your son if you think Drayton Manor has better rides than Walt Disney World.

The parks you like, Universal, Sea World and Busch all lack the same things, creativity, which Disney has tonnes of. It's all well and good having a huge ride but all these other parks could try to add a story to their rides, make it more interesting:

Hulk has a very loose story in the way that Banner is doing a test which goes wrong.

If Sea World, Universal and Busch didn't have these roller coasters, do you think they would get the numbers that they manage to get with coasters ? I don't think so, yet Disney manages it.

Top largest amusement park corporations in order of annual attendance (from 2008 to 2013)

#1 Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - 118,000,000 - 119,100,000 - 120,600,000 - 121,400,000 - 126,479,000 - 132,549,000

#3 Universal Studios Group - 25,700,000 - 23,700,000 - 26,300,000 - 30,800,000 - 34,515,000 - 36,360,000

#8 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment - 23,000,000 - 23,500,000 - 22,400,000 - 23,600,000 - 24,310,000 - 23,400,000

If you want a park by park breakdown:

#1 Magic Kingdom - 17,063,000 - 17,233,000 - 16,972,000 - 17,142,000 - 17,536,000 - 18,588,000
    #2 Tokyo Disneyland
    #3 Disneyland
    #4 Tokyo Disney Sea
    #5 EPCOT
    #6 Disneyland Park Paris
    #7 Disney Animal Kingdom
    #8 Disney Hollywood Studios
    #9 Universal Studios Japan - 8,300,000 - 8,000,000 - 8,160,000 - 8,500,000 - 9,700,000 - 10,100,000
    #10 Disney California Adventure
    #11 Islands of Adventure - 5,297,000 - 4,627,000 - 5,949,000 - 7,674,000 - 7,981,000 - 8,141,000
    #16 Universal Studios Orlando - 6,231,000 - 5,530,000 - 5,925,000 - 6,044,000 - 6,195,000 - 7,062,000
    #19 Sea World Orlando - 5,926,000 - 5,800,000 - 5,100,000 - 5,202,000 - 5,358,000 - 5,090,000
    #27 - Busch Gardens Tampa - 4,410,000 - 4,100,000 - 4,200,000 - 4,284,000 - 4,348,000 - 4,087,000

That is painful reading and to see Disney dominate is nothing short of well deserved. What would these numbers look like if the Universal, Sea World and Busch did away with roller coasters ?

Maybe they should be more creative rather than a cheap thrill which is clearly not a winning formula ?

If it wasn't for the coasters I wouldn't go to a theme park, so hope you didn't go to all that effort for my benefit...because I couldn't care less.

My opinion of the Disney Parks with the exception of Epcot is they are either for kids, or adults that don't like adult rides & Disney fans...why else would any sane adult go other than taking their own kids....adults that go by themselves and are not Disney fans other than Epcot are just weird...my personal opinion of course.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion of the Disney Parks with the exception of Epcot is......

Which nobody asked for! Plus you've gone off topic, this thread is about the location not your opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Which nobody asked for! Plus you've gone off topic, this thread is about the location not your opinions.

I know but, that was established in the first few posts.

On the plus side though but off topic....Happy New Year :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well no it doesn't really, but that's not what it's there for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it wasn't for the coasters I wouldn't go to a theme park, so hope you didn't go to all that effort for my benefit...because I couldn't care less.

My opinion of the Disney Parks with the exception of Epcot is they are either for kids, or adults that don't like adult rides & Disney fans...why else would any sane adult go other than taking their own kids....adults that go by themselves and are not Disney fans other than Epcot are just weird...my personal opinion of course.

You own personal opinion but disagreed with by lots and lots of people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You own personal opinion but disagreed with by lots and lots of people.

Yes my own personal opinion, and yes lots do disagree with me, but I don't mind....a couple of decent coasters at WDW would easily change my mind though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a couple of decent coasters at WDW would easily change my mind though.

Simple folk...