Leona Lewis VS. Alexandra Burke

13»

Comments

• myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well apparently Celine's is 3.4 octaves, Whitney's is 3.3 octaves and Leona's is 3.2 octaves (according to youtube). I'd say there isnt much difference between the 3 of them but obviously their range is not as big as Mariah's -5 octaves.

And what about now?

Have the years of using her range to the full extent buggered her voice up altogether? What's the point of singing to the extreme if it causes permanent damage? Whitney I think has suffered the same consequences, range is fine but can be overdone.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myoldmate wrote: »
    And what about now?

Have the years of using her range to the full extent buggered her voice up altogether? What's the point of singing to the extreme if it causes permanent damage? Whitney I think has suffered the same consequences, range is fine but can be overdone.

Well on her latest album released this year it was 4.3 octaves. She has hit some notes in the seventh octave live too this year. I think she did over-do it in the 90's and it's a shame. I think Whitney's is due to drug abuse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica Simpson and Janet Jackson can hit higher notes than Alex, IIRC. Does that make them better singers than her? Of course not. Music is about more than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posting so my post will show up. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona in both
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Leona. Oh and Alexandra's album sux's.