Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    They're also in Eastern Ukraine which Putin has denied, even though there is massive evidence which proves him wrong.

OK, please post a link to the evidence..
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I didn't enjoy Katherine's Ryan's input at all. Just weird and not amusing.

She is a comedian ? One day I might catch her say something that's funny. The day I get 6 lottery numbers.
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's pretty, white, foreign but not ethnic, a single working mother who is self employed... she ticks all the boxes for acceptable diversity. Hell, book her and Reginald D. Hunter and it's a PC fest.

...an example of how picking folks because of who/what they are rather than wether or not they're any good is killing the panel show ;-)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched and personally thought it was a very good episode, myself! I knew Ryan and Bruce before, and thought they were very good, but it is honestly the first time I've seen Ray Mears (had heard of him but had no idea what he even looked like) and was rather impressed. Skinner was on form so yeah....well above average for me.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Apart from Mears turning up for a newsnight interview and picking Putin and being a bit too much of a serious choice, I thought he was fine. He seemed to be enjoying himself and laughing along.

Although comedy can be had with Putin. The Last Leg over does it.

Bruce was also ok being a serious newsreader most of the time. It's probably only shows like this and WILTY that let them express themselves.

Thought Ryan was fine also. Not great but didn't ruin the show for me.
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see last Friday's episode? Jonathan Ross's hair dye was so distracting I barely noticed what was being said.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,642
    Forum Member
    Anyone see last Friday's episode? Jonathan Ross's hair dye was so distracting I barely noticed what was being said.

Best episode of the series for me
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but extraordinary hair colour, too. He looked like he'd been dipped in Marmite.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Best episode of the series for me

Certainly one of the better one's and it wasn't down to Frank.
    He really needs to stop trying to lever in his cutaway gags or at least edit them out of the TV version.
    Sometimes there's a huge missed beat, while he switches and levers in the the cutaway gag, instead of just riffing on what the guest has said.
    Yes, but extraordinary hair colour, too. He looked like he'd been dipped in Marmite.

I wouldn't know as I don't watch Ross's output, his hair, skin or whatever made no impression on me at all.
    Just looked at what downloaded off Iplayer, Ross, Frank and Vaughn, similar skin tone.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he's been getting advice from Jimmy Carr. :D
    Forum Member
    One of the better episodes of the series last week. They all interacted quite well.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see Friday's episode? Victoria Coren (Mitchell) was on the show in 2013. Odd as I don't recall anyone else being on (the same incarnation of the show) twice. Maybe as she was Victoria Coren at the time, then she's counted as a different person!

The editing was done very badly again, as they must have done an extended version but didn't show it. There were the usual categories of Modern Life and People. Warwick and Victoria each got an item put into room 101 yet Christian had a bonus unchallenged item, "German music", put in. Tellingly Skinner didn't say who this week's winner was. The category name shown on the screen at the back was showing that this was actually the Wildcard round.

I know it's just a light hearted show but the way it's been put together this series seems very slipshod. Why they don't just show the extended version in the first place I don't know.

It's on next Wednesday after Bake Off by the way, so the schedulers obviously don't give a fig either.
    Forum Member
    Anyone see Friday's episode? Victoria Coren (Mitchell) was on the show in 2013. Odd as I don't recall anyone else being on (the same incarnation of the show) twice. Maybe as she was Victoria Coren at the time, then she's counted as a different person!

The editing was done very badly again, as they must have done an extended version but didn't show it. There were the usual categories of Modern Life and People. Warwick and Victoria each got an item put into room 101 yet Christian had a bonus unchallenged item, "German music", put in. Tellingly Skinner didn't say who this week's winner was. The category name shown on the screen at the back was showing that this was actually the Wildcard round.

I know it's just a light hearted show but the way it's been put together this series seems very slipshod. Why they don't just show the extended version in the first place I don't know.

It's on next Wednesday after Bake Off by the way, so the schedulers obviously don't give a fig either.

Yeah, strange episode. Seemed like there was a lack of decent material.

I thought Dr Christian and Warwick were good value but I have an aversion to VCM. Cant abide her.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,053
    Forum Member
    .........The editing was done very badly again, as they must have done an extended version but didn't show it. .... I know it's just a light hearted show but the way it's been put together this series seems very slipshod. Why they don't just show the extended version in the first place I don't know.

I much preferred the original format with Paul Merton and one guest. I find Frank Skinner (and David Walliams) impossible to watch. I think there's something deeply unsavoury about both of them, so .... Room 101 not on my list of things to watch, whoever the guest.
    Forum Member

I thought i'd missed something when I heard him say unchallenged.
    I know it wasn't the best episode but I didn't remember nodding off during it :D
  • seagull_Markseagull_Mark Posts: 3,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the recording of this episode and think the editing was very poor. Dr Christian said once the first round was decided that he only nominated doctors because there's so much negativity about them and he wanted to hear people saying good things about the NHS for a change which I thought was a nice tactic used but completely left out of the edit! Makes him look like he's too big for his boots and slagging off his own kind.

There were a couple of other decent rounds left out which were better than the show transmitted. I hope the extended version, if we get them, will do it a bit more justice.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Yeah, strange episode. Seemed like there was a lack of decent material.

I thought Dr Christian and Warwick were good value but I have an aversion to VCM. Cant abide her.

Victoria Coren-Mitchell gives the impression of being a snooty catty cow without much effort.
    Forum Member
    Victoria Coren-Mitchell gives the impression of being a snooty catty cow without much effort.
    I'm a fan of VCM but as she's getting more telly exposure she sure is slipping into a certain role and can be a bit tiresome sometimes.
  • CaligCalig Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    when I was a lad I used to empty cartons back in the fridge, I think it drove my mum nuts.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calig wrote: »
    when I was a lad I used to empty cartons back in the fridge, I think it drove my mum nuts.

I presume you meant 'to put empty cartons ...'. If you actually did empty the cartons in the fridge then no wonder you drove her nuts! :):):)
    Forum Member

She got on my wrong side with her first choice of James Bond!
  • pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the episode last friday the voice over said back in 2 weeks. However , I see it is on tonight and doesn't sound like a repeat.
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pmbond wrote: »
    At the end of the episode last friday the voice over said back in 2 weeks. However , I see it is on tonight and doesn't sound like a repeat.

No it doesn't seem to be, this week it's also on at the same time as Midsomer Murders and Wolf Hall so if you have all three scheduled to record on series link you will loose one of them.
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan O'Carroll is beyond cretinous.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it doesn't seem to be, this week it's also on at the same time as Midsomer Murders and Wolf Hall so if you have all three scheduled to record on series link you will loose one of them.

Or watch one of the BBC programmes on iPlayer. Actually I can record three and watch a fourth! Two recorded on the Humax, one on the DVD/Recorder and watch the fourth on the Smart TV!