Falling down.

2»

Comments

• Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    You could be on to something there. Kids dropping litter, adults dropping cigarette ends, kids squealing in supermarkets, banana flakes in muesli, old men who wear a hat while driving a car, fat people eating crisps in the street, chuggers, inconsiderate parking near schools... it could end up in an almighty bloodbath.

Yeah, and they could start the film off with D-FENS sitting in a job centre waiting for yet another useless interview, but his sadistic 'adviser' is making him wait just to annoy him.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I wish someone would do a British version as there's so much a British D FENS could get mad at such as excessively petty parking regulations, long and pointless queues in shops, Premiership football, aggressive hooded up teenagers, politicians, the list goes on. Be funny if he gets a parking ticket for being a minute late and smashes the attendant's ticket machine and tries to run him over.

Yes, why not? Let's title it "Victor Meldrew's First World Problems: the Movie". :D
  • mike_dunnmike_dunn Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Yep, great film, Saw it in the cinema first.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my all time favourite movies. Both Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall are really superb in this. It's a drama with comedic elements, the odd action thrown in, but most of all it's a very sad story that somehow manages to make you feel for everyone involved.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of those great movies you find liking despite yourself, and it does get schmaltzy towards end. As others said, Douglas's performance is pitch perfect and there's some superb scenes (esp the burger restaurant and neo-Nazi store). Less a vigilante movie than a neo-con modern day Odyssey :D
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It's a really good film. Probably one of the best films released in 1993. It is definitely the best film that Joel Schumacher has made. A really interesting take of one man snapping under the pressures of modern life. Michael Douglas(with a seriously bad haircut) and Robert Duvall give superb performances. My favourite part is the part in the burger restaurant - how many of us have wanted to do that over the years?
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,895
    Forum Member
    I think my favourite scene was his monologue over the phone to his ex-wife, comparing himself to the Apollo13 astronauts as they resurfaced from the dark side of the moon. His acting, the music, perfect.
  • James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best scene has to be the golf course where he blows up that golf knobs golf cart, how many times have you wanted to do that?!