Options

What did Rylan mean...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
Forum Member
✭✭✭
...when he signed off from BOTS?

"Massive thank you to the BB team, you've been amazing and I couldn't have done this week without you" (or thereabouts)

What is that about? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that too, maybe something has happened in his personal life and they helped him get through it.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His Mum is ill .....I hope she's ok
  • Options
    col 1ncol 1n Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think his grandmother passed away during the week, he tweeted about Nana Rose on 7 July
  • Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    His Mum is ill .....I hope she's ok

aww is she -- get well soon mrs c x
  • Options
    babs_lawriebabs_lawrie Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All our loving thoughts go to you Rylan whatever has happened to you this week. You did a marvellous show again so well done
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    col 1n wrote: »
    I think his grandmother passed away during the week

Yep, nana Rose passed away earlier this week. :(
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( So sorry to hear that

Bless him
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Condolences to Rylan and family. My mother has Alzheimer's and it is heart breaking seeing someone you love disappearing bit by bit. He is a real professional to carry off the show where he has to smile and be funny when he is so upset.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh bless him! :-(
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All our loving thoughts go to you Rylan whatever has happened to you this week. You did a marvellous show again so well done

THIS ^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that's a shame :( poor Rylan must have been hard but he has held it together this week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    Condolences to Rylan and family. My mother has Alzheimer's and it is heart breaking seeing someone you love disappearing bit by bit. He is a real professional to carry off the show where he has to smile and be funny when he is so upset.

Awww bless him. Sorry to hear about your mother too, it's an awful thing for you to have to watch happen x
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww bless him, he really is great on this show.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rylan this year. And his nan would be proud of him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear this news sending love to Rylan and his family from me and my family
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I heard that too, maybe something has happened in his personal life and they helped him get through it.

His gran died last weekend.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to hear that. Thought he was subdued this week. I don't mind him, I think he is a nice enough bloke.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, it's horrible losing parents or grandparents, it happens to most of us of course, but you never think it will happen until it does.

For what it's worth, I think Rylan's doing a great job on bots this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    JesuLeChop wrote: »
    ...when he signed off from BOTS?

"Massive thank you to the BB team, you've been amazing and I couldn't have done this week without you" (or thereabouts)

What is that about? :confused:

I've just watched BOTS too and was thinking the same... it has to be personal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Sorry I didn't read all posts before my earlier response.

Kudos to him as I have crumbled from the loss of my parents. It broke my heart. To get up and conduct yourself as he did ...well .. good man and shame on me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Rylan is an amazing presenter - he has been amazing on BOTs - but I wish they would get rid of Ian Lee on Saturday nights physch programme, he totally ruins the show, he thinks he knows it all and is always trying to take control from Rylan. I feel quite sorry for Rylan as I think on a couple of shows it looked like he wanted to punch Ian and I did too.

Also wanted to pass on my condolences to Rylan - he is a top block and you can tell that his family mean a lot to him. I bet his family are very proud of what he has achieved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear about his gran.. But glad to hear she well looked after up to the end and had a loving family surrounding her when she died. That would be so important. I'm sure she knew that she was loved, you can see that in the photograph.
  • Options
    lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes sad to say his Nan passed away this week.
  • Options
    Natuk80Natuk80 Posts: 11,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sad indeed, my thoughts are with Rylan. I agree, Rylan has been fab on BOTs this year.

Alzheimer's is a horrible disease, my uncle died of this at the age of 61. Was diagnosed at 54, so young. :(