Christina Aguilera To Leave Label For Live Nation

12346»

Comments

• BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That says specifically CD sales :confused:

Single sales are now digital and 20 songs have now passed the 4 million download mark in the US.

The single market is buoyant.
  • delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again people don't know what they are talking about. The US charts are half radio play and half sales. Always have been. So if you don't have a radio hit then you are very unlikely to have a top 20 on the billboard. Those are facts. Find me one artist who has had a US billboard number 1 in recent times with no radio backing....

Anyway Christina doesn't worry about the charts. She wants to experiament. Lots of artists don't have major success but it doesn't mean they aren't talented. Look at Ladyhawke for example.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a224916/aguilera-doesnt-pay-attention-to-charts.html

Oh and Broken Arrow. US music sales are at an all time low right now.

Incorrect comment! The way the charts are computed has been changed frequently. In the last 10 years, 3 times.

And Taio Cruz hit no.1 when his audience was just at 20million, which is tiny. His sales carried him to number 1.

Tbh, as sales are so high, if you can sell 150k in a week, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the top 10 on the Hot 100. When people normally perform on Oprah, that is pretty much a given, even Charice did :eek:, so no excuses for NMT!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, the singles sales (now digital) is the highest it has been for like for 2 decades, if not ever!

Try getting information from Billboard, not some rubbish website!
  • Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delectable wrote: »
    Lol, the singles sales (now digital) is the highest it has been for like for 2 decades, if not ever!

Try getting information from Billboard, not some shitty website!

why dont you give us a link then
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100806/BUSINESS01/8060318/2047/NEWS01

In a world of record store closures and album sales slowdowns, digital downloads have come to be seen as the one bright beacon in an otherwise troubled music industry.

More..

The download demand may be starting to dim, though, according to data released by Billboard magazine and Nielsen SoundScan, which tracks music sales.

Digital track sales stalled during the first six months of 2010, industry data show. Midway through the year, track sales have declined, by 0.2 percentage points, for the first time since they were tallied — to 597.4 million downloads of songs for the six-month period, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Last year, those single song downloads were up about 8 percent over the previous 12 months, but that paled in comparison to prior years of explosive growth. In 2008, for instance, the annual digital track growth rate was 26.7 percent. In 2007, it was 45.1 percent. In 2006, it was up 65 percent over 2005.

"It's certainly not a pretty picture," said Mike Dungan, president and CEO of Capitol Records Nashville. "The really disturbing part of this to me is the flattening out of individual digital track sales. That to me looked like the way of the future, even though it's not a business model we all embrace wholeheartedly."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, so they have fallen 0.2 percent on last year. That still means it pretty much as high as it was last year, and that is practically as high as it has ever been.

It will rise again when BIGGER artists are back! The tracks in the first 6 months never sold huge amounts (collectively they have done better), and the return of Xtina didn't help much, say like a Britney or Beyonce would lol!

Considering we had Right Round and Poker Face and Boom Pow, Just Dance in those first few months last year, now compare that to the sales NMT, Rudeboy (even though I love it), BOB etc! Bigger artists are needed who sell and sell.

If California Gurls and LTYL had been released in March they could have stopped the marginal decline somewhat, as they are both likely to be 4 million sellers at least! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, omg 1 million less downloads were sold than the first 6 months last year.

598.4 milliion sold last year, to 597.4 this year...total drama,:rolleyes: compare these to 2000, or 1990 lol, and see which year is bigger lol!

Everyone know sales in the US are as high as they have ever been. Growth indeed might be slowly, but these figures cannot be beaten by yesteryear!
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incorrect comment! The way the charts are computed has been changed frequently. In the last 10 years, 3 times.

And Taio Cruz hit no.1 when his audience was just at 20million, which is tiny. His sales carried him to number 1.

Tbh, as sales are so high, if you can sell 150k in a week, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the top 10 on the Hot 100. When people normally perform on Oprah, that is pretty much a given, even Charice did :eek:, so no excuses for NMT!

lmao

Yes. . .Oprahs main fanbase (the ones who actually watch her show) are the type that hear a song like Not Myself Tonight . . .dirty. . .filthy. . .and with innuendo's to sex were REALLY going to rush out and buy it just cus she performed it live for them :D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    lmao

Yes. . .Oprahs main fanbase (the ones who actually watch her show) are the type that hear a song like Not Myself Tonight . . .dirty. . .filthy. . .and with innuendo's to sex were REALLY going to rush out and buy it just cus she performed it live for them :D:D:D:D:D

Racy songs have been performed like Lose My Breath etc on Oprah, and received comparatively high success to that of which I have mentioned.

Yes women, miight watched these shows week in week out, but when there is a big star like that you get tonnes more, who aren't watching for a gossip. Repeats of Oprah even get 15million views the next day, and tell me how the week after Xtina could only do like 45k copies....when her performance went out to more than 30 million, sorry that's rubbish....sorry!
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Racy songs have been performed like Lose My Breath etc on Oprah, and received comparatively high success to that of which I have mentioned.

Yes women, miight watched these shows week in week out, but when there is a big star like that you get tonnes more, who aren't watching for a gossip. Repeats of Oprah even get 15million views the next day, and tell me how the week after Xtina could only do like 45k copies....when her performance went out to more than 30 million, sorry that's rubbish....sorry!

You said appearing on Oprah led to high sales.

I'm telling you that's not the case.

People who watch Oprah won't react to Christina singing about sex, lesbianism and dipping her minge in a fellow dancers face.

:D

The people in the crowd that night (and those watching at home) enjoy Oprah talking about how a Dove landing on an ill mans windowsill cured him of disease and gave him a better life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    You said appearing on Oprah led to high sales.

I'm telling you that's not the case.

People who watch Oprah won't react to Christina singing about sex, lesbianism and dipping her minge in a fellow dancers face.

:D

The people in the crowd that night (and those watching at home) enjoy Oprah talking about how a Dove landing on an ill mans windowsill cured him of disease and gave him a better life.

It does! Everyone on Oprah receives a boost, Xtina received one, but it was minimal, just like her video!