Options

Ofcom for Brian Dowling

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are more important things in life to worry about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I have always LIKED Brian, but am also tired of his nasty little digs at Danica and his rather personal and unprofessional
    bitchy interviewing. And why the eff did he tell Rhian that her boyfriend 'declined' to come. Why tell the world too? :(

And he made Rhian believe that her boyfriend didn't come because of her' canoodling' with Ashley. 'Do you think his non appearance is 'telling'? he asked. To which Rhian replied 'well it must be'. .(.because of the way that mysogonist skunk put it too her).:mad:
  • Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pfffft some people are so sad.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And he made Rhian believe that her boyfriend didn't come because of her' canoodling' with Ashley. 'Do you think his non appearance is 'telling'? he asked. To which Rhian replied 'well it must be'. .(.because of the way that mysogonist skunk put it too her).:mad:

No he didnt, he just said he declined his invite to the show.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »

Who? And why?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    Now don't get me wrong, I hate the endless string of complaints you get on here over trivial matters. I've only complained a couple times in the past, - Conor was once this year for borderline criminal comments, and I also disagreed with Davina's treatment of Makosi - but I thought Brian really overstepped the mark last night. Rhian had an awful time in the house and had been isolated by the boys, and made to feel cheap. Then, she comes out to Brian's nasty, biased behaviour and mean insinuations about her relationship (your boyfriend's not here). I found the whole thing completely unwarranted - he even hugged Conor. For Rhian, I'm tempted to write another complaint, Brian needs to learn where to draw a professional line. Not on. :mad:

I didn't watch it, but if that's what he said then what a shit he is.

I don't see what Ofcom could do about it though. I don't see how this is within their remit.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »

Maybe, people take things like this to heart they have no better to do, but Brian Dowling is a I dont want to say actually I'll just say he is a irritating cretin
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    What results does it get exactly?

Usually none. He/she was being sarcastic!
  • Options
    IrishGrannyIrishGranny Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian is an awful presenter. I tape the eviction shows and FF through most of his bits. However I think the OP is winding us up. No one would seriously consider ringing Ofcom about his interview with Rhian though, would they? Do blonde bimbos who show their boobs for a living have special protection under hate crimes legislation or what?
  • Options
    Pretty GreenPretty Green Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should be reported to Oxfam if he has broken any regulations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginning to believe that with the 'cotton wool culture' we have had for a number of years now that we are bringing up generations that have no backbones
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    previews wrote: »
    I'm ringing HATCOM right now to complain about your encouragement of violence towards innocent headgear.:mad:

I think the cruelty displayed to inanimate objects this year has been truely shocking. First, the pie, then the banana, now this! :(
  • Options
    REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ofcom i never like the interview of Rhian ,PMSL ,what a joke
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REDBUS wrote: »
    Dear ofcom i never like the interview of Rhian ,PMSL ,what a joke

I know, I can see them reading it out in tears of laughter...:D
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a mystery how Brian hasn't been fired. Very few have a positive thing to say about him. He seems to be biased towards a few people - mainly the unpopular girls. He is just awful.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard he was pals with Tess Daly. So that would explain a lot if thats true but thats not really very professional to let your own feelings get in the way of the job you're paid to do.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good housemate, horrendous presenter and even worse in real life. The guy has a massive ego , is a real bi*ch and during every interview I have seen him do he turns it into sexual inunendo and smuttiness. Can't abide him anymore and he needs to get clothes that fit him- he's like a sausage in those suits.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I have no time for Danica, a little more for Rian but I was protesting at what he was saying last night.

I feel the girls have deserved some flak but not to the extent of last night by Brian Dowling.

This presenting job has gone right to his head, he used to be funny, kind and just nice but he doesnt know where to draw the line now. He is so amateurish and needs to work on his delivery and ad libs. He comes across as a right nasty git just for his own aims and where I do not want him to go easy, some of his cross questioning is quite beyond where it should be.

That's exactly how I thought of him when he was in the early BB. Then fast forward a few years and I read an article he had written which I found very nasty and misogynistic. That was a shock. It made me wonder if he had really been nice at all in the original BB. Then he appeared in the ultimate BB and again he came across as nice, I think.

As a presenter of live BB on eviction nights, I cannot stand him. But he must be being fed most of the nasty lines, such as the ones constantly directed at Danica.
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Rhian on twitter, she says her boyfriend was there for her, just at the hotel, instead of in the studio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    Usually none. He/she was being sarcastic!

Flipping heck. Another one. That's the second thread tonight I have come across where people have taken that poster in good faith and responded without realising the real intent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    That's exactly how I thought of him when he was in the early BB. Then fast forward a few years and I read an article he had written which I found very nasty and misogynistic. That was a shock. It made me wonder if he had really been nice at all in the original BB. Then he appeared in the ultimate BB and again he came across as nice, I think.

As a presenter of live BB on eviction nights, I cannot stand him. But he must be being fed most of the nasty lines, such as the ones constantly directed at Danica.

What article was this? I have been a fan of his since BB2 and don't recall any articles that he has written aside from the odd standard BB magazine column.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What article was this? I have been a fan of his since BB2 and don't recall any articles that he has written aside from the odd standard BB magazine column.

Yes, it was that type of thing.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes send Brian to work for OFCOM at least he will be off opur screens.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    Yes, it was that type of thing.

That type of thing? That isn't an article. He was only commenting on BB and I can't remember a single nasty misogynistic thing, all standard stuff. What did he say exactly?
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very poor interview and reception for Rhian - but no more a matter for OFCOM than comments on the colour of the sofa

What makes it a bit sad is, that Rhian seems to have disappeared off the forum, she has hardly been mentioned at all today.She failed to make her mark in that house.