Ofcom for Brian Dowling

13»

Comments

• P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously you are unaware Brian follows a script and the questions are all pre-planned by producers! Not sure why Brian gets the blame for this.
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    Now don't get me wrong, I hate the endless string of complaints you get on here over trivial matters.. [blah blah blah] ..I'm tempted to write another complaint.. :mad:

Here you go Sweety. Feel free to copy/paste this into your email client. ;):)
    Dear Ofcom,

I'm writing to complain about the abhorrent behaviour of Brian Dowling, presenter of Celebrity Big Brother broadcast on Channel 5. During the eviction of Rhian Sugden on August 29th Mr Dowling made gross insinuations about Miss Sugden's relationship by saying that her boyfriend had declined to attend the eviction [because of her flirtatious behaviour with fellow housemate Ashley McKenzie]. Whilst it is a fact that Miss Sugden's boyfriend did indeed decline to attend, and Miss Sugden herself, when asked whether it worried her that her partner was a no-show, replied "Probably, yeah", I feel that Mr Dowling really overstepped the mark. He was nasty and demonstrated biased behaviour. Miss Sugden had had an awful time in the house and had been isolated by the younger male housemates and made to feel cheap, then Mr Dowling had the temerity not to hug her after her interview (even though he had hugged previous evictee Conor McIntyre, a known racist and would-be sexual deviant!)

Whilst I accept that is not within the remit of Ofcom to make judgements based on perceived nastiness or bias, and that Miss Sugden's treatment by other housemates within the house had nothing to do with Mr Dowling, I feel that the lack of a hug at the end of the interview exemplified his misogynistic and unprofessional behaviour. As a good citizen I feel that it is my duty to make this complaint official and encourage others to do the same, which is why I have posted a copy of this letter on a public forum so that others may also post it to yourselves. Surely it is within the power of Ofcom to enforce hugs for all evictees? And surely if enough people agree with this complaint it ought to be upheld? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Yours faithfully,

oh I'm sure he'll give Ashley a hard time for being an immature sex pest who gets his mates to gang up on a girl if she doesn't put out for him .

not .

No it'll be all "The Girls love you and so do I -winks-"

Brian is just a pervert, as long as the guys look half decent and he can ogle, they can do no wrong in his eyes :rolleyes:
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now don't get me wrong, I hate the endless string of complaints you get on here over trivial matters.
    I've only complained a couple times in the past, - Conor was once this year for borderline criminal comments, and I also disagreed with Davina's treatment of Makosi

How odd :confused:
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That type of thing? That isn't an article. He was only commenting on BB and I can't remember a single nasty misogynistic thing, all standard stuff. What did he say exactly?

You want to start an argument about the meaning of article? Try looking in a dictionary so that you do know what it is before you start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    OP needs to get out more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    You want to start an argument about the meaning of article? Try looking in a dictionary so that you do know what it is before you start.

You are deflecting the point. I asked about this so called 'article' in which Brian was "nasty and misogynistic", you have not provided any details whatsoever.

Maybe you should be the one doing the research to find such 'article' - if it even exists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Now don't get me wrong, I hate the endless string of complaints you get on here over trivial matters. I've only complained a couple times in the past, - Conor was once this year for borderline criminal comments, and I also disagreed with Davina's treatment of Makosi - but I thought Brian really overstepped the mark last night. Rhian had an awful time in the house and had been isolated by the boys, and made to feel cheap. Then, she comes out to Brian's nasty, biased behaviour and mean insinuations about her relationship (your boyfriend's not here). I found the whole thing completely unwarranted - he even hugged Conor. For Rhian, I'm tempted to write another complaint, Brian needs to learn where to draw a professional line. Not on. :mad:

Is your life that boring? Get a grip! :rolleyes:
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always LIKED Brian, but am also tired of his nasty little digs at Danica and his rather personal and unprofessional
    bitchy interviewing. And why the eff did he tell Rhian that her boyfriend 'declined' to come. Why tell the world too? :(

I have NEVER liked Brian, i am also sick to death of his, Emmas and Jamies snide comments about Danica, if the "showmances" are dominating the series blame the EDITORS and producers it aint rocket science :mad:
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are deflecting the point. I asked about this so called 'article' in which Brian was "nasty and misogynistic", you have not provided any details whatsoever.

Maybe you should be the one doing the research to find such 'article' - if it even exists.

Carry on quibbling about my referring to an article as an article if it makes you happy but kindly refrain from further rudeness and insinuations of bad faith on my part.
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always LIKED Brian, but am also tired of his nasty little digs at Danica and his rather personal and unprofessional
    bitchy interviewing. And why the eff did he tell Rhian that her boyfriend 'declined' to come. Why tell the world too? :(

Maybe Emma agreed with you because she made a point of saying that her boyfriend was just shy and not want to go on TV and was in the hotel over the road!
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    I hope you can accept that I cant believe the line I bolded when you go to say you complained about Conor and now Brians interview.

Ridiculous things to complain about, non events!
    Making complaints like this isn't even harmless as it trivialises real injustices.

I think its irresponsible.
    Not to mention the cost..when so many complaints go in they are obliged to investigate even though the complaint like the one the OP mentions is total BS.
    Id love to see fines issued to seriel complainers who complain over such non events.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    Carry on quibbling about my referring to an article as an article if it makes you happy but kindly refrain from further rudeness and insinuations of bad faith on my part.

Of course you were not rude to me, suggesting I should look up the meaning of the word "article".

You yourself should refrain from putting up a smokescreen, are you able to give me any facts about this article you said was "nasty and misogynistic"?
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have NEVER liked Brian, i am also sick to death of his, Emmas and Jamies snide comments about Danica, if the "showmances" are dominating the series blame the EDITORS and producers it aint rocket science :mad:

I think it is clear to see that BOTS is almost like a Big Brother Fan Show even though the presenters like to refer to the 'main show' my feelings are they are nothing at all to do with the show itself. I say this because Emma & Jamie have made it quite clear that Danica and the others should go because they are dominating the series yet the Producers continue to manipulate the series in that way. Only now are we seeing more highlights from the others because Rhian & Ashleigh cooled & subsequently Rhian was evicted as well so if BOTS was so well connected to the 'main show' surely they would have some sort of say no matter how small, especially when BOTS are the ones who provide BB with all the stats from Social Media etc and they were mostly saying the same thing!
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read on another thread that Brian is very, close friends with Tess Daly. Could explain at lot.

I think they did cduk together or something similar,anyway hes a shite interviewer.
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atko wrote: »
    I think it is clear to see that BOTS is almost like a Big Brother Fan Show even though the presenters like to refer to the 'main show' my feelings are they are nothing at all to do with the show itself. I say this because Emma & Jamie have made it quite clear that Danica and the others should go because they are dominating the series yet the Producers continue to manipulate the series in that way. Only now are we seeing more highlights from the others because Rhian & Ashleigh cooled & subsequently Rhian was evicted as well so if BOTS was so well connected to the 'main show' surely they would have some sort of say no matter how small, especially when BOTS are the ones who provide BB with all the stats from Social Media etc and they were mostly saying the same thing!
    Guess what, these producers are the same people :eek:
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never complained to OFCOM and never will, TV should be free for all to express their views.
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedy89 wrote: »
    I have never complained to OFCOM and never will, TV should be free for all to express their views.
    Think you're missing the point of OFCOM
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Jazzman wrote: »
    Think you're missing the point of OFCOM
    I think the OP is also missing the point of OFCOM.