Options

Alexandra Burke "Let it Go" Premieres" WORLDWIDE SMASH!!

bazztheman93bazztheman93 Posts: 4,511
Forum Member
✭✭✭
WOW This is her best single to date, it is gonna be a smash hit, and it so radio friendly, finally a song to match her potential! Well done Alexandra. Take a listen below

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/04/song-alexandra-burke-let-it-go/

[news]Alexandra Burke debuts new single 'Let It Go' - listen[/news]

Comments

• Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Hehe :D It is. I hope they hammer it. I love the 90s influences like she said. It has a light r&b feel to it too, but a little more modern, if this is the gateway to the album, I like it. I want r&b Alex :D (oh and chart topping Alex, none of this #3 radio shading business :D)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I love it!!!! :D
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMASH!!! Its the feel good tune of the year so far for me and it doesn't have a generic message...its so positive and she sounds amazing....has to be #1 :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another generic dance tune. However, it is better than Elephant. Am i impressed majorly? Not really.

Another Rihanna rip off type song. A bit similar to Where have you been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another generic dance tune. However, it is better than Elephant. Am i impressed majorly? Not really.

How exactly so ? It's not about partying...it's not about s*x or the other bullsh*t that Rihanna sings about.:yawn:

IMO it sounds very fresh and you can clearly hear the 90s influences in the track and the production is just hot. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

It is NOTHING like anything Ri has ever put out. It's influenced by Robin S, Show me love. Not WHYB. It's not generic at all. First it was Beyonce, now Rihanna, the girl isn't copying anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    It is NOTHING like anything Ri has ever put out. It's influenced by Robin S, Show me love. Not WHYB. It's not generic at all. First it was Beyonce, now Rihanna, the girl isn't copying anyone.

There's no pleasing some people is there? :cool:
  • Options
    mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its Amazing! Well Done Alex!
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    It has a really strong 90s dance feel to it, I love it! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have this on repeat. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

It does :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Glad you like it! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Haters, Let It Go!
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused:

Rhianna doesn't have a single song like this. The 90's house/dance influence in the beat is obvious.

Alex is really finding her own lane musically right now. For all the Beyonce comparisons, musically, they have little in common. And this latest song is very distinct from Rhi-ri.

I think it falls more into line with All Night Long from Alex's first album. After the hugely positive reaction to that single, I suspect Alex wanted to take the second album in a similar genre.

And at least Alex appears to now know who she is as an artist, and is releasing artistically cohesive singles, which is a big step up from most of her British pop peers. Elephant and Let It Go are very different songs, but they sound like they could at least belong on the same album. It's not the Jesse J or Pixie Lott approach, where you record a bunch of completely unrelated songs/genres to please every possible demographic, throw them out there as singles, and hope the public likes whichever one that sticks.
  • Options
    mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »

Rhianna doesn't have a single song like this. The 90's house/dance influence in the beat is obvious.

Alex is really finding her own lane musically right now. For all the Beyonce comparisons, musically, they have little in common. And this latest song is very distinct from Rhi-ri.

I think it falls more into line with All Night Long from Alex's first album. After the hugely positive reaction to that single, I suspect Alex wanted to take the second album in a similar genre.

And at least Alex appears to now know who she is as an artist, and is releasing artistically cohesive singles, which is a big step up from most of her British pop peers. Elephant and Let It Go are very different songs, but they sound like they could at least belong on the same album. It's not the Jesse J or Pixie Lott approach, where you record a bunch of completely unrelated songs/genres to please every possible demographic, throw them out there as singles, and hope the public likes whichever one that sticks.

Brilliant post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boxfresh wrote: »

THIS.:D
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haters, Let It Go!

Boom....this is definitely a summer smash imo...excellent follow up to Elephant :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I love it! It's the best song she's released so far in her career imo :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I love it! It's the best song she's released so far in her career imo :D

It is indeed :D Things are looking good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    It is indeed :D Things are looking good :)
    I hope the video is as brilliant as the song...:)
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! I'm actually so surprised! It's actually really good! I'm not a fan of Alex's music (though appreciate her talents and loved All Night Long) but this song is just amazing! I love the chorus! It's everything a song from Alex should be. Amazingly catchy and "feel good", incredible vocals and NO auto tuning! This song makes Elephant look like a weak B-side!

I've definitely found my new "All Night Long" song to go crazy to!
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely her best single since 'All Night Long' and one that could be a HUGE summer anthem. :)
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG :O I am in love with this song come around may 27th <3 <£ Sure Fire Number 1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG :O I am in love with this song come around may 27th <3 <£ Sure Fire Number 1

It would be amazing, let's just hope that Capital and Radio 1 support this. :)