Watching your favourite actors at the cinema

necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are there any actors who's movies you will actively seek out at the cinema. No matter what genre they're in or who the director is, do you have a favourite actor(s) who's films you'll never miss when they come out in the cinema? For me there's only one actor who's films I'll automatically want to see the moment they come out and that's Christian Bale. Earlier this year he did a film called Out of the Furnace (which flopped, received mixed reviews). I went to see it nonetheless since I'm a huge fan of Bale (there were only 3 other people in the auditorium!).

Comments

• TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethan Hawke and John Cusack.

Neither is a favourite actor, though. I do it because I 'grew up' with them since their first films during my formative years. I feel obliged to watch their latest film as one would do for a sibling. Odd, but true.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Ethan Hawke and John Cusack.

Neither is a favourite actor, though. I do it because I 'grew up' with them since their first films during my formative years. I feel obliged to watch their latest film as one would do for a sibling. Odd, but true.

I think I know what you mean. I grew up with the Harry Potter films and I'm always curious to see what the main trio are doing with their upcoming (though I'll only see their work at the cinema if it's genuinely interesting).
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. In the mid-90's I was strangely captivated by Ralph Fiennes after watching him in Schindler's List and watched subsequent films purely because he was in them, but watching The Avengers cured me of that (although I still have great affection for it), but that's about it.

Currently, the only person whose films I would watch regardless of genre/ cast/ reviews etc is Tarantino.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    No. In the mid-90's I was strangely captivated by Ralph Fiennes after watching him in Schindler's List and watched subsequent films purely because he was in them, but watching The Avengers cured me of that (although I still have great affection for it), but that's about it.

Currently, the only person whose films I would watch regardless of genre/ cast/ reviews etc is Tarantino.

Yeah a lot of people will go and see Tarantino's films no matter what he does. He sure has a loyal fanbase. Christopher Nolan is another director who's recent work has been regarded as 'event films' and I'm always interested in seeing what he does next.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Song Kang-ho for me. For example I probably wouldn't have watched a film called The Attorney about a tax lawyer if it hadn't been Song Kang-ho in the lead role but it turned out to be a good film.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spacedone wrote: »
    Song Kang-ho for me. For example I probably wouldn't have watched a film called The Attorney about a tax lawyer if it hadn't been Song Kang-ho in the lead role but it turned out to be a good film.

That's a fairly decent film, I agree.
  • Sarah_CollinsSarah_Collins Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Cary Elwes, but unfortunately none of his films are big enough to go on the big screen, so i haven't saw one at the cinema with him in yet, but hopefully soon one will be on the big screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Jennifer Lawrence for me. A friend from school and I always meet up to see any film she's in. She really is an extraordinary talent.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Lee Pace, Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Bradley Cooper, Richard Armitage (although admittedly he's done more TV work than films).
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see the first Lord Of The Rings film because Christopher Lee was in it.
    Didn't really know anything about the story apart from he played a baddie in it.I think if he hadn't been in it i wouldn't have bored with the 3 films.

It was the same for the 2 Star Wars films he was in.I doubt i would have bothered with them if he hadn't been in them.I know he's not in Revenge Of The Sith for that long.