Beyond - US Pace

Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone seen this yet? Going to watch the first episode soon.
A young man wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5174766/combined

Comments

• TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Watched all ten though it didn't really go anywhere...The set up for season two was ok tho
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it more than what I thought I would. Would be nice to have a season 2.
  • jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Show! Binged the whole season in one sitting :blush::blush:
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it over a period of a few days and thought it was reasonably good. Many of the regular shows are suspended over the holiday period so nice to have something to fill the gap. The lead character was portrayed well. Novel idea on the mechanism by which he has come by his "abilities", plus hints at some intriguing philosophical questions which can often add fascination to a show. The main girl is good too and their relationship comes across although in fact the other girls he got involved with also added depth to the overall story.
  • under_scoreunder_score Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew it was gonna be bad when we seen him laying on the hospital bed in his "12 year coma", he looked like the lead singer in a boy band, no muscle wastage, no bone contortion, he looked fresh as a daisy.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on ep2 of this it kind off reminds me of Kyle XY
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I knew it was gonna be bad when we seen him laying on the hospital bed in his "12 year coma", he looked like the lead singer in a boy band, no muscle wastage, no bone contortion, he looked fresh as a daisy.

That kinda IS the point. The main character did a great job of playing a 14 year old in a body twice his age, but ultimately, it was a lot crap.

Same old tropes. Same old crap.