When is Castle of Illusion available for preorder?

2»

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I wish we got the original Castle of Illusion on XBLA too! but then we've all become accustomed to Sony's under-the-table-exclusivity deals to know that's not going to happen. ;)
    Forum Member
    I was thinking this game was such a great little HD remake that I'd love to see ALL Megadrive classics make their way to modern consoles in this way, I know for a fact I'd buy them. Every single one. Would love to see World of Illusion next.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking this game was such a great little HD remake that I'd love to see ALL Megadrive classics make their way to modern consoles in this way, I know for a fact I'd buy them. Every single one. Would love to see World of Illusion next.

Seconded, as much as I love castle of illusion, world of illusion was always my favourite, was an excellent two player game too with the little cooperative elements, I'm sure they could flesh that out a lot more on the current systems. Talking of Disney 16 bit titles, Quackshot was another favourite of mine, packed a lot more challenge as well, didn't always tell you where to go either which was quite novel at the time...
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't suppose this will be available on Vita will it?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I don't suppose this will be available on Vita will it?

When the game was first registered for classification, Vita and Wii U versions were included. Sadly, there hasn't been anything said about either of these since, but they may come eventually.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the game was first registered for classification, Vita and Wii U versions were included. Sadly, there hasn't been anything said about either of these since, but they may come eventually.

I'll look out for an announcement, maybe they will port it if it does well on console's. I can hope, got to keep the Vita dream alive.
  • superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i complted the hd version today fanastic game my nephews enjoyed it to. sega did a verey good job and there hard work it shows in the hd version of the game
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    It sounds like Morgan Freeman doing the narrative? Is it? Sounds s little off / ie a soundalike
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    but then we've all become accustomed to Sony's under-the-table-exclusivity deals to know that's not going to happen. ;)

And yet when MS do it, it's perfectly fine and they're thinking of the gamer and getting the best content to them. ;)
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I wish we got the original Castle of Illusion on XBLA too! but then we've all become accustomed to Sony's under-the-table-exclusivity deals to know that's not going to happen. ;)

So who's got what with this?

XBLA - remastered version

PSN - remastered and original

?
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    And yet when MS do it, it's perfectly fine and they're thinking of the gamer and getting the best content to them. ;)

MS generally only run with timed exclusives on multiplat games, Sony don't.
    Bester wrote: »
    So who's got what with this?

XBLA - remastered version

PSN - remastered and original

?

Yeah that.
    Forum Member
    Oh well. Cheers.

I can't be bothered to unpack the PS3, so new version only it is then.
  • ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is out on PC as well available through Steam, very tempted to get it but playing Rayman at moment so thats my platforming fix
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Oh well. Cheers.

I can't be bothered to unpack the PS3, so new version only it is then.

No probs, I think it was limited to preorders only, so you can't get it now even if you want, but I can't confirm that but pretty sure.

I'm happy to have it on the Wii anyway.
  • RoyceRoyce Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Is it only me who finds the jumping awkward? The controls are too sensitive which make jumping imprecise.
  • TellyAddickTellyAddick Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Royce wrote: »
    Is it only me who finds the jumping awkward? The controls are too sensitive which make jumping imprecise.

they are a bit sensitive, the only time I struggled with this is the stage when you had to jump across a series of cupcakes and defeat the Liquorice monster.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Royce wrote: »

Yeah, very sensitive.
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by sensitive but I did have a little issue on the fist couple of stages, almost felt a little bit laggy dare I say but but soon got used to it afterwards.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this, and it's great to have the original Megadrive version too. Loving the graphics, narrative and it controls wonderfully. One of the best downloadable games for a long time.

:) Mark
    Forum Member
    Picked it up last night.

Very cute, very Disney, very awesome.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Yeah bits in it that are too hard - the shadow of mm should be darker and yep the cupcake level is hard due to the sensitive controls... But it's alot of fun and you have a smile on ur face most of the time while playing it.