Paul mc gann

Comments

• gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It certainly looked and sounded like him.

Suppose the best way of clarifying would be to tweet Paul and ask him if he likes cress.

You should definitely do that. I'd be intrigued to get the real truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    You should definitely do that. I'd be intrigued to get the real truth.

Ok I'll have a go. Have never used Twitter before though. If I get stuck will you help me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok I'll have a go. Have never used Twitter before though. If I get stuck will you help me?

I wouldn't be much use, I'm afraid. I've no interest in it, apart from finding out if Paul McGann likes cress. Can't we write to his agent instead?
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be much use, I'm afraid. I've no interest in it, apart from finding out if Paul McGann likes cress. Can't we write to his agent instead?

It's OK, I seem to have managed it. I'll let you know if I get a response.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lii wrote: »

I see that Nicolas Briggs is following this one, Paul hasn't confirmed it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you mean is, it's not a verified account, but let's be honest, he is hardly famous enough for twitter to really care.

http://support.twitter.com/articles/119135-faqs-about-verified-accounts

They will hardly be in a rush to reach hot to him.

But it is the account that the BF team have spoken to, the account that he has told fans to follow at conventions, including personally me but I am really not concerned if you believe that or not, and the account that he is actively using to promote The Minister of Chance and the one they have given out when they discuss Paul being part of the project.
    Forum Member
    What you mean is, it's not a verified account, but let's be honest, he is hardly famous enough for twitter to really care.

But it is the account that the BF team have spoken to, the account that he has told fans to follow at conventions, including personally me but I am really not concerned if you believe that or not, and the account that he is actively using to promote The Minister of Chance and the one they have given out when they discuss Paul being part of the project.

Reckon you are right about the authenticity. However Paul has yet to confirm his position on cress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't argue with that.

I will get about two minutes with him at the end of this month when he appears at Dimensions 2013, I don't want to waste them talking about cress but if this isn't clarified then I might just have to.
    Forum Member
    I can't argue with that.

I will get about two minutes with him at the end of this month when he appears at Dimensions 2013, I don't want to waste them talking about cress but if this isn't clarified then I might just have to.

You are a veritable gent sir!
  • Wiwik_AnggrainiWiwik_Anggraini Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    If enough people ask him he might answer at least one of us...

I think he then might think the DW fans have gone officially around the bend.
    Forum Member
    If enough people ask him he might answer at least one of us...

I think he then might think the DW fans have gone officially around the bend.

24 hours on and no response from Monsieur McGann.

As Wiwik suggests, if a few others also tweet the cress question sooner or later the truth will out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not famous enough for Twitter to care? He's certianly more famous than a lot of soap actors that have been verified
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 hours on and no response from Monsieur McGann.

As Wiwik suggests, if a few others also tweet the cress question sooner or later the truth will out!

I'll get myself sorted on it and ask him. He's probably announcing it at midnight anyway, so I might just tweet the Northern Echo..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    Not famous enough for Twitter to care? He's certianly more famous than a lot of soap actors that have been verified

Or from the other point of view, it's McGann who doesn't care and soap actors who do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In terms of followers, no, he really isn't.

In terms of 'celebrity' and gossip magazines, no, he really isn't.

Having been told it personally by the guy himself, I am more than happy to trust it. Not sure why it bothers you to be honest.
    Forum Member
    I'll get myself sorted on it and ask him. He's probably announcing it at midnight anyway, so I might just tweet the Northern Echo..

Good man!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good man!

Done. I have no idea how to see unless he replies, though.
    Forum Member

Having been told it personally by the guy himself, I am more than happy to trust it. Not sure why it bothers you to be honest.
    Yes, but it doesn't confirm anything about him liking cress...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but it doesn't confirm anything about him liking cress...

I cannot get that damn question out of my head. I just hope I don't walk up to get my stuff signed and say hi and the first question I have is 'do you like cress?'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ran into Paul McGann in Morrisons the other day.

He was buying some cress.

I asked him if he liked cress and he said "yes".

That's beautiful, man.
    Forum Member
    I cannot get that damn question out of my head. I just hope I don't walk up to get my stuff signed and say hi and the first question I have is 'do you like cress?'
    I don't see the problem.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When did I say it bothers me? :confused::):). :D Look I am happy = :D

But no, I don't think celebrity wannabe's in the gossip mag trash make you any more famous, in fact I think the opposite. Real celebrities like David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston will never sell their wedding photo's to Hello unlike soap/reality stars (sorry TV personalities ;)), that's because they are real actors. Neither do I consider twitter followers or google hits as an indication of how big their name is as an actor. I do consider Paul Mcgann, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Christopher Eccleston to be more famous than any soap star because they names are known outside the UK. Most soap actors are only famous in their own country. Also they never see them taking part in reality tv or game shows, unless it's in their contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said on another thread I said that I've seen RTD a few times, near where I work.

If I ever get to politely stop him in the street, I'm going to ask if he likes cress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do consider Paul Mcgann, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Christopher Eccleston to be more famous than any soap star because they names are known outside the UK. Most soap actors are only famous in their own country. Also they never see them taking part in reality tv or game shows, unless it's in their contract.

Have to agree with that. In Britain there's probably few people who couldn't name at least 2-3 actors who have played The Doctor, and all 11 of them are fairly common knowledge. On a worldwide scale the only sci-fi series that comes anywhere near the popularity of DW is Star Trek (and several actors, especially William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Patrick Stewart are household names). With DW, however, as the lead character has been played by multiple actors, they are frequently referred to by the name of the actor (as with James Bond), and hence the actors are probably more well known than if they had been playing different characters. For instance, if a newspaper runs a poll to find out who the readers' favourite Doctor is, it's usually the actor's names, rather than the number, in the list. If you were ask someone who their favourite Doctor is, the reply would almost certainly be "Tom Baker" (or whoever), whereas if you were to ask someone who their favourite character in Coronation Street was, you'd get the character name. With soaps, in the main, the characters are more well known than the actors. DW is an unusual case where the lead actors are synonymous with the main character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Exactly.

Oh and I am now following Paul McGann's account. I will ask him latter whether he's in the 50th and whether he likes cress :D