Aftermath (5 Star)

Comments

• Vicky0ukVicky0uk Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delighted to see a dragon this week. Can't wait to see what we'll be treated with next.

By the way, very impressed by the US mobile telephone network so far. It hasn't gone down.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky0uk wrote: »
    By the way, very impressed by the US mobile telephone network so far. It hasn't gone down.

Yes, me too.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky0uk wrote: »
    Delighted to see a dragon this week. Can't wait to see what we'll be treated with next.
    Electric hedgehogs. Or at least ones heavily charged up with static to be a serious safety hazard. They don't have the things over in the US and will assume the audience won't know what they are under the makeup.
    Which is weird because the normal non-apocalyptic drama storylines involve the mobile network being dead flaky at the best of times (admittedly a necessity as a plot device), never mind the sky falling on peoples' heads and and outbreaks of end-of-world-o-geddon-itis.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Think I'm going to have to start watching this crazy series. Sounds like a cult series of the future! :D

Edit: Episode 1 no longer available on catch up already?
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched the first two episodes but I can't say I'm optimistic. There needs to be some kind of plot to make it interesting rather than just weird shit happening. I like to give these shows a few episodes before deciding whether to continue or give up, as I appreciate that even shows that are later deemed great are often iffy initially.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There needs to be some kind of plot to make it interesting rather than just weird shit happening.

Read and learn, grasshopper!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2087721 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, there is plot it's that it's just bits from lots and lots of different programmes
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to start watching this crazy series. Sounds like a cult series of the future! :D

Edit: Episode 1 no longer available on catch up already?
    Episode 1 is on the My 5 app (though not on the Sky version) so should be able to watch it using the app on of the streaming services.
    Forum Member
    Well I've watched the first two episodes on catch up. The show is crazy!! I particularly had trouble figuring out why the blonde daughter and her temporary dark haired were prepared to beat and shoot each other just to take possession of a mobile phone. It's not like there were loads of people to ring! And surely it was much safer for two young women to travel together than go it solo. Just share the phone and make short calls!!

I'm also going to back the son for shooting the Chinese kid. The kid was acting just like the flying zombie guy they let in their house yet only the son showed any concern. And the son was right that the kid's dad should surely have explained right away that he might act weird because of his lack of meds. Those soldiers would have shot him for acting like that as well.

Better stop now as I could go on all night!!
    Forum Member
    Oh and I just had to mention the mom's mad sister!! She's risked their safety twice because of her hair brained ideas!!
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched the first two episodes but I can't say I'm optimistic.
    Well, you have my respect. I lasted 12 minutes! Right up to the point where i went all "ghosts and demons" and supernatural. That was the last straw.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know a show's bad when the ad breaks seem like a pleasant relief.

Bit of Banshee this week to add to The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones steals.

Do Heche's sunglasses help her hit targets in a dimly lit store? Apparently they do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the Amish getting attacked by the dragon
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seemed a bit pro-Second Amendment this week

Firstly the religious types taking Blonde Twin's gun away from her and saying something like "we don't have weapons here"

That's obviously going to come back and bit them

Secondly the hippy Aunt saying "this is what happens when you have a gun culture"

You just know that in a future episode she'll "see the light" and use a gun to kill someone
    Forum Member
    Sea goblins?!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Thanks. I can now see the logic of including them in the show...well nearly every other mythical beast seems to be getting a look in! Hopefully we'll see a minotaur next week!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched it yet, stupid machine had it marked to record and missed the first 15 mins which will presumably be the 'last week' and the setup for this week and there's no point trying to follow nutso end of world stuff without the lead-in, but fortunately there's a repeat on Thursday night so I won't be totally deprived...
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an impressively terrible show, I cant keep my eyes off it. This week had my ears bleeding from terrible decisions and even worse dialogue.

The "genius" daughter who spouts useless shite about reservoirs and I think every decision she made last night was the wrong one. She was so judgmental also. "Don't take those plants, the bloke who's not here might need them" and "I cant believe you killed those people who were going to kill us!" Give over.

The son who willingly turns around and closes his eyes because a weird intruder politely asks him too. Maybe she had goblin powers so I'll let that go.

The girl who didn't leave those rude Amish people after she'd eaten.
    "Give me your gun"
    "No, thanks"
    "Give me your gun or we'll take it"
    The apocalypse is no excuse for dropping politeness Amish people!

Don't get me started on Ann Heche's action mum. Who hates being told to go to sleep and doesn't take her sunglasses off inside.

Cant wait for next week though. Great show! :D
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    The son who willingly turns around and closes his eyes because a weird intruder politely asks him too. Maybe she had goblin powers so I'll let that go.

I think he was more hoping she had gobbling powers! :p
    Forum Member
    I thought it was bizarre that blonde daughter acted like she had no idea that Amish people and their ilk existed. It was obvious who they were and any normal person would have acted sensitively at first towards them. Only when they starting acting OTT was it time to go.

Do you think that the lad's granddad (who'd stolen something) had been tinkering with the sexy sea goblin, which was why her hubby was so angry?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the religious types were Amish then they could possibly be something like this sub-group who are allowed to own cars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beachy_Amish
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I thought it was bizarre that blonde daughter acted like she had no idea that Amish people and their ilk existed. It was obvious who they were and any normal person would have acted sensitively at first towards them.

Yes that's what I was thinking too.

But this family is good at making the most annoying choices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that's what I was thinking too.

But this family is good at making the most annoying choices.

Maybe the grandfather realised that his idiot relations might be coming so he decided to do a runner
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    If the religious types were Amish then they could possibly be something like this sub-group who are allowed to own cars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beachy_Amish
    Makes sense. It's one of those Pennsylvania Dutch groups anyway.