Aftermath (5 Star)

Comments

• MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Yes that's what I was thinking too.

But this family is good at making the most annoying choices.
    I was shocked by the poisoning. You have to be quite a cold person to deliberately poison people like that. Yet regular dad seemed to have no problem doing it. Ok the world is going to hell and those guys were killers but it normally takes time for the monster in us to come out.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I was shocked by the poisoning. You have to be quite a cold person to deliberately poison people like that. Yet regular dad seemed to have no problem doing it. Ok the world is going to hell and those guys were killers but it normally takes time for the monster in us to come out.

Sadly the one thing that makes most humans into 'monsters' is protecting their children.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... I particularly had trouble figuring out why the blonde daughter and her temporary dark haired were prepared to beat and shoot each other just to take possession of a mobile phone. ...
    It was the only blingyphone for miles around - how could there not be a fight over it? This would have happened even without an apocalypse going on!
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    ... This week had my ears bleeding from terrible decisions and even worse dialogue. ...
    Gunshots, we can't hang around here except to stop and watch a video instead of taking it with us and watching it on the way out of here...
    The son who willingly turns around and closes his eyes because a weird intruder politely asks him too.
    He is a teenager, she had turned up naked, and was not exactly a munter - I really don't think there's much explanation required for 'youthful optimism', even if he had chivalrously found a shirt that just about gave her some coverage.
    That last noise as she departed sounded like it included a lot of tentacles but I couldn't tell if the expression on his face was relief or disappointment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In spite of the above remarks I will be sticking with this - there's a sort of masochism in watching something where you know you are going to be shouting 'no no are you stupid' and 'noise in the cellar, you are on your own and go to investigate???' which is some of the appeal of disaster and horror movies (though definitely a preference for the lighter ones) too...
    Verence wrote: »
    Maybe the grandfather realised that his idiot relations might be coming so he decided to do a runner
    :D:D
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see others share my mystification with the shades:

http://alibi.com/film/52194/Aftermath.html

It's utter garbage but watchable only to see how much worse it gets as it trundles toward inevitable cancellation.
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    I see others share my mystification with the shades:

http://alibi.com/film/52194/Aftermath.html

It's utter garbage but watchable only to see how much worse it gets as it trundles toward inevitable cancellation.
    Thanks! That was a very entertaining read from Alibi there.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member

Contrast this with The Walking Dead, where it took quite a few episodes before Rick and co became ruthless, and even then you see the psychological and emotional damage that does to people who aren't naturally like that.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puzzled why one minute, daughter was grabbing a gun and racing off to find mom in the supermarket, then next minute telling brother she didn't want to learn how to shot a gun cos killing is bad 'n stuff.

ps. who turns their back on a stranger and who gets up close so a prisoner can whisper sweet nuttings in your ear <- noone, that's who, apart from dinks on tv.

and who drives their valuvable van thruu a locked gate instead of using one of their multiple bullets to shot away the frickin lock, sheeeeesh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your weekly dose of bat-shit crazy coming up in three hours........
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well caught up on these but I think its OK I also watch all the same sort of films on syfy so maybe why I like it.
  • Vicky0ukVicky0uk Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode tonight.

The son. I've a bridge I can sell him.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the religious leader turned out to be a wrong 'un which I'm sure comes as a surprise to no-one

At least we've got rid of Hippy Aunt for the time being but I have a feeling that Amish Boy won't last much longer
    Forum Member
    When mad auntie rushed over to very suspiciously infected bodies as if the victims had a cold, my hand automatically created a fist. Aargh, that woman!!

And sonny walking up close to that fenced pen as if they weren't going to grab him. Aargh again!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When mad auntie rushed over to very suspiciously infected bodies as if the victims had a cold, my hand automatically created a fist. Aargh, that woman!!

And sonny walking up close to that fenced pen as if they weren't going to grab him. Aargh again!!

The whole family are prime candidates for Darwin Awards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards
    Forum Member
    The whole family are prime candidates for Darwin Awards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards
    Yep!! There's no way a family like that could survive a zombie apocalypse for long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's that noise? Hey that body is moving... No, just move the bodies out of the way if you can, don't stop to assist the obviously dead and fallen off their perch corpses because it's the apocalypse and there's a good chance the dead are e.g. evil ;) or even simply full of whatever it is that's making that noise!

Preacher man will always turn out to be a baddie or a bad-ass or a snivelling wreck, the trick is to spot which one before you get locked in the farm shed that for some reason had only one single sharp thing*, weird thing was he reminded me of Shane from Neighbours a long long time ago** :blush:

* that scene in Twister when they take refuge in a shed full of pointy jangling farm equipment over their heads "who *are* these people???" :eek:

** just being emphatic here, no tune required, though the girl did depart so maybe it's appropriate***

*** on a simplistic one-liner level, before any pedants start on the deeper meaning stuff :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, those Aviator shades are nailed on it seems.
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Yep, those Aviator shades are nailed on it seems.
    That gung ho chat exchange mom had with that special forces guy was ridiculous!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I took it as him believing them when they told him they were fine and wanted out. He was just trying to help!
    Forum Member
    Vicky0uk wrote: »
    I took it as him believing them when they told him they were fine and wanted out. He was just trying to help!
    Oh yeah I agree that he believed them all right but surely he was naive to?! They all looked a bit too excitable to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I agree that he believed them all right but surely he was naive to?! They all looked a bit too excitable to me.

Playing Devil's Advocate for a second if you were a perfectly healthy person locked in with a bunch of Feverheads you'd be finding it difficult to stay calm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... but I have a feeling that Amish Boy won't last much longer
    Funny, I was thinking just that when he was having his first encounter with a girl :p
    That gung ho chat exchange mom had with that special forces guy was ridiculous!!
    I think I almost followed bits of it, something about a teleport experiment with the admiral's dog and the logistics for obtaining a suitable shrubbery?
    Forum Member

I think I almost followed bits of it, something about a teleport experiment with the admiral's dog and the logistics for obtaining a suitable shrubbery?
    I think you picked up a lot more than I did.
    Playing Devil's Advocate for a second if you were a perfectly healthy person locked in with a bunch of Feverheads you'd be finding it difficult to stay calm.
    I suppose but their pleading seemed phoney to me but that could have just been bad acting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were definitely infected, they seemed manic and twitchy. But we already know he's a right apeth and will believe anyone's sob story

c.f. turning his back on hot demon lady

(as I said earlier, I have a bridge to sell him)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky0uk wrote: »
    For what looked like the arrest pen for a shut-down rave, with people waiting to be processed and charged, one might be forgiven for misunderstanding - the behaviour of lot of variously doped-up end-of-world partygoers who had been corralled for their own safety might be indistinguishable from 'about to go totally nuts'.

Also I don't know the name of the dance the guy behind her was doing, sort of (in the spirit of naming conventions) 'long strides, short sprint' and a couple of other potentially nameable ones in the background too.

I think you picked up a lot more than I did.
    I will admit to the tiniest hint of a possibility of mentally filling in some details that might not have a strict adherence to the specific scripted narrative...