Humax 9300T recording problems

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
Forum Member
Hi all, have just joined

Recently bought a 9300T to replace my 9200T (still in use in spare room)

Happy with it except in the last few weeks several scheduled recordings stop after 10/11 minutes

Most common are those at 9pm, start ok but end at 9.11pm
Also have had some at 6pm, start ok end at 6.11pm
and 6.30pm, start ok end at 6.41pm

There's a pattern, always start at .00 end at .11, or .30 and end at .41

I have no timers running, neither do my neighbours.

Another fault is that I've had several recordings where it's done maybe 90%, and then the other 10% on a separate recording

Would welcome some ideas please

thanks
paul4

Comments

• Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen reports of a 9:11 recording issue before. I cannot remember which forums I saw them on.
    I think the issue was caused not be being tuned to more than one transmitter (which won't help) but by using very old softare.

Which software version are you using?
    MENU >> System >> Status
    The software version should end in either 1.00.23 or 1.00.26.

It wouldn't hurt to also ensure that you are tuned to one transmitter which may also be causing some of the issue.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57505565&postcount=4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Hi luis

Thanks for the reply.

I am on 1.0.0.27, which seems later than the versions you mentioned.

I will look into the tuning later, my wife will not be happy if this causes her sched recordings list to be deleted like an auto tune does.

paul4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul4 wrote: »
    I am on 1.0.0.27
    I forgot about that one. 1.00.27 is installed at the factory and should behave the same as 1.00.26.
    This means that the issue is not caused by using an old version of the software.
    I will look into the tuning later, my wife will not be happy if this causes her sched recordings list to be deleted like an auto tune does.
    Yes it does lose the schedule. You will need to start off by writing down or photographing your current schedule so that it can be easily re-entered.
    Forum Member
    I do use digital camera for that, thanks.

i followed the link you posted but the info seems to have been superseded - ie. there was not a checkbox relating to being inthe trade. Will read it through again.

thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies about that. Tick the 'Detailed View' instead.

Here is a link to a slightly more recent version of the instructions by the same person
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that. Will look again.
  • sh2811sh2811 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Does this seem a little like my ramblings with a 9150 posted here?:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1589075&highlight=

... as in some recordings stop after around 11 minutes. 'mcdavey' mentioned it was happening with a 9300 too.
    Forum Member
    Yes Stu, thanks. As a new forum member it takes a while to find previous information like this - not lazy, just finding ones way around a different forum and format. That was 13 months ago, and it is still a problem.

I have reported this fault to Humax directly, but no response. Does Humax not address these reported problems at all?

paul4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Having exactly the same problem here. Just phoned them and they have told me to do a factory reset on it and see if that helps. Has anyone done this and does it help?
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having exactly the same problem here.
    What software version is your box using?
    Forum Member
    I have just had a very detailed procedure to rectify problems direct from Humax, following a support question i posted to them. They asked for my postcode and i think that therefore they looked at my likely transmitter and thus the channels to tune to.

I will report how it went after i have been through this

paul4
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just had a very detailed procedure to rectify problems direct from Humax, following a support question i posted to them. They asked for my postcode and i think that therefore they looked at my likely transmitter and thus the channels to tune to.

I will report how it went after i have been through this

paul4

Is it the belt and braces Default Setting procedure?
    Remove aerial.
    Default Setting.
    Replace aerial.
    Default Setting but stop it as it starts the Automatic Search.
    Manual Search.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    We are on Version 1.00.26
    Forum Member
    I cannot master copy & paste on my tablet :mad:, I end up deleting all text I'm typing, several times until I give up. So will post the procedure when I can.

paul4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I've had the same problem. In my experience, it seems to happen when I do a manual recording on the same channel immediately after a recording where the Humax tracks the start time. The automatic record works ok. The manual record stops after 10 minutes.

I avoid the problem by doing both recordings from the guide or both recordings manually.

Hope this helps.
    Forum Member
    I had not followed this up recently since our 9300T has behaved itself, and my wife is reluctant to "interrupt" her recordings schedule ;)

But last week it did another two 10 minute recordings, so I bit the bullet and followed the procedure exactly as Humax had detailed by email (thanks to them for responding, I had thought my email requesting help might have gone into a bottomless chasm - I was wrong :))

Since they asked me for my postcode, the channel numbers included are obviously specific to my location (London area) but I'll include all instructions as detailed :

Freeview SD PVR Manual Tune

Please follow these steps to manual tune your product.

Note: A Manual tune is required to resolve issues with programmes/channels received and resolve EPG and recording issues.

Following these instructions will reset some system settings including your Recording Schedule (Please replace when complete to ensure you still record favourite programmes)

Any previous recorded programmes will be saved.

1. Press the MENU button on the Humax remote,
    2. Using the directional buttons move to Installation and press OK,
    3. Enter the password (Default is “0000”)
    4. Move to Default Setting and press OK
    5. A pop up will appear, Move to YES and press OK,
    6. Enter the password (Default is “0000”)
    7. “Now initialising all setting values!” will appear, please allow a few seconds for the unit to reboot,
    8. After the Loader version will be followed by an AUTOMATIC SEARCH,
    9. STOP THE SEARCH IMMEDIATLEY, by pressing OK
    10. Press OK to acknowledge “No Channels Found”
    NOTE: If any channels are found during the automatic search do NOT save the Results.
    11. When you see the Notice “No channels are available now, Please press ok to search channels”
    12. Press the OK button to open the Installation menu;
    13. Move to “Manual Search” and Press OK

Please Read Carefully:

• Highlight Channel and press OK
    • From the List (21 – 69) select the channel number you require and press OK,
    • Select Search and press OK, once the search is complete Save the results
    • Conduct this search for all the channel numbers below:

Channel 1: 23
    Channel 2: 26
    Channel 3: 25
    Channel 4: 22
    Channel 5: 28

Once you have completed searching and saving all the channel numbers and the programmes that they provide press the EXIT button on the remote to return to BBC1, your EPG (Guide) will not be populated, for best results leave on BBC1 for 5-10 minutes to populate the information.

Note: Your Screen Ratio will have changed; To correct this after the tune please access the Menu, Press OK on PREFERENCES, then OK on AV CONTROL, and then OK on SCREEN RATIO to change it to 16:9 then press EXIT to finalise.

So far, so good, but time will tell

paul4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since they asked me for my postcode, the channel numbers included are obviously specific to my location (London area)

For anyone who needs them a generic equivalent of those instructions are in this link from post #2 :)
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    It wouldn't hurt to also ensure that you are tuned to one transmitter which may also be causing some of the issue.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57505565&postcount=4
    Forum Member
    Thanks Luis :)

I posted those instructions how long ago? about 2 hours or so?

Just switched on my Humax and lo and behold it's done another "10 minute" recording. :mad:

I shall report back by email to Humax Support

paul4
    Forum Member
    "10 minute" recordings still happening. I 've been reporting these to Humax Support and have been in constant contact with them.

I was told there was a software update over-the-air on 15th April, but it seemed it didn't happen for me as latest details from my machine below attest.

Software version UPTF 1.00.27
    Loader version a4.40
    System ID 3023.0000
    Update date Apr 20 2012

Unfortunately the latest suggestion was a hard-drive re-format. Apart from the fact that we've 30+ recordings as yet unviewed, and a re-format would delete these of course (I'd likely be confined to the spare room if I suggested that let alone did that) I argued that mine is not an isolated case and surely would be a software/firmware issue and NOT a hard-ware issue. (I edited and hyphenated hard-ware due to some strange link being inserted when I had it as a single word)

Getting it into perspective, losing TV programme recordings is not life or death is it?, and with catchup TV available on the computer these losses can sometimes be plugged. But it is a pity that one of the best bits of kit available on the market (in my opinion, as a Humax 9200/9300 user for some 7 or 8 years) has a fault that lets it down. Having a PVR that sometimes drops recordings is better than having no PVR, but what a shame.

Is mine an isolated case though? I've read about it on this forum, but nobody seems to have posted on this topic that it was still happening to them.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is mine an isolated case though?

It is certainly not very common. Barry over on the myhumax.org forum was recently looking for volunteers to test a new software version for the 9300 that is primarily designed to fix a consecutive recording problem. I suggest you subscribe to that Forum and ask Barry if it is possible to join the test (NB I have no idea whether this will be possible).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told there was a software update over-the-air on 15th April, but it seemed it didn't happen for me as latest details from my machine below attest.

Software version UPTF 1.00.27

The broadcast was a repeat of 1.00.26.
    1.00.26 is functionally the same as 1.00.27 and will have the same issues.
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys