Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natwest - If I hear that bloody pig singing "Figaro" again, my foot is going through the TV! :mad:
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catboy71 wrote: »
    That new DOVE advert with the kids is horrendous to watch.

Also , just seen an ad (Scotland only) for Aldi . The tag line is some fat git shouting through a toilet roll "Smart Scots give it Aldi!!!" wtf?

I grimace ever time this advert comes on :p My OH hates it when I say it to them to wind them up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not an actual advert (or maybe it is), but I can't stand the promo for Britains Got Talent
    Ugh
    Skin crawling.

Thanks to another post on DS whenever I see BGT now the words "Bi Gay Trans" go thrugh my head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    The Co-Op adverts are annoying. Why do they insist trying to rhyme "gud with fud"...even with the Scottish voice over, it just doesn't work!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    That flippin Santander ''You this, You save, you that, you save'' advert drives me nuts.:mad:

Agreed! There are not enough words to describe how much I utterly detest this obnoxious advert ... some cerebrally-challenged ad execs were probably paid hundreds of thousands to come up with this garbage ... a slug on morphine could have come up with a more interesting idea!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Did B&Q just do a cover of Our House (not the Madness one)?! :mad:

I think its the Crosby, Stills and Nash song they did a cover of :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    I hope this makes you feel better :D

Thanks for sharing this (made me laugh :D:D) in response to pnp63
    who mentioned about people mispronouncing 'haich' when the 'h' should be silent and pronounced 'aich'.
    "People in ads saying haych instead of H, so annoying!!! they say things like, I can now see things in haych d, Aaarrghh!!!!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I hope Paul Whitehouse has good life insurance, cos his accents in the Aviva ads make me wish he was dead!
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairness wrote: »
    It's really tempting to set up new thread for what happens next, mainly on too good to be true lines:
    She's on the game asks for £50
    She's a psycho, they go back to her place and the walls are plastered with long distance photos of him.
    She's a ghost, cut to CCTV, he's talking to himself.

They would all actually make it a good ad :D
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the worst, but getting well irritating now.

Worthers. The child and her "...............favourite caramel shop."

FFS. What weird five year old likes caramel. I didn't think anyone actually liked caramel until they got to eighty three.l
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Also , just seen an ad (Scotland only) for Aldi . The tag line is some fat git shouting through a toilet roll "Smart Scots give it Aldi!!!" wtf?

For the benefit fo English viewers , the worst advert in Scotland at the mo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2_TCZSQzrM
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    The Sun advert featuring Terry Venables drooling over Rooney's goal against Man City while the goal itself plays out in watercolours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh dear, is all I can say
    Forum Member
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Not the worst, but getting well irritating now.

Worthers. The child and her "...............favourite caramel shop."

FFS. What weird five year old likes caramel. I didn't think anyone actually liked caramel until they got to eighty three.l

I have always liked caramel :o but what on earth is a caramel shop? Do they even exist? I'd never heard of such a thing until I saw people talking about this silly advert.
    Forum Member
    I really like caramel/toffee, but I grew up in the 80's and don't remember caramel shops TBH :o
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I really like caramel/toffee, but I grew up in the 80's and don't remember caramel shops TBH :o

I grew up in the 80s/90s. Loved Cadbury caramel bars and caramel chocolates in things like boxes of Milk Tray or Roses. But I have never, ever heard of a caramel shop until this advert. The concept seems utterly bizarre to me!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Annoying that they play my favourite Elgar piece in the background.

They should be banned from using classical music in adverts.

And I'm 100% sure there is not now, nor ever has been, such a thing as a caramel shop.
    Forum Member
    I grew up in the 80s/90s. Loved Cadbury caramel bars and caramel chocolates in things like boxes of Milk Tray or Roses. But I have never, ever heard of a caramel shop until this advert. The concept seems utterly bizarre to me!

Yeah, same with me. I love the caramels in Roses and Cadbury's Caramel :)
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard of a Caramel shop either
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Churchill adverts- soo annoying! Martin Clunes annoys the heck out of me.
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :
    misterC22 wrote: »
    I hope Paul Whitehouse has good life insurance, cos his accents in the Aviva ads make me wish he was dead!

Me too :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STUDENT: Brilliant! I didn't know you were such an expert in finding a girl's hotspot.

The only way the guy's response could have been any creepier (and suited to his character) is if he'd gone, "You have no idea..." and licked his teeth, and flickered his eyebrows.

What's the girl doing? She starts a conversation about girls hotspots.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard of a Caramel shop either

Must be an American thing, or are they German?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Saw a horrible, cheap advert for some boiler insurance lark with an elderly man that can't speak, in front of some cheap google images of boilers! His words just become garbled in my ears!!!

Made by the same ad agency as safe style?

The idiotic, idealistic and pointless adverts with mundane appliances like washing machines flying and floating around. There's some dreamy music, then the advert ends, whereby you have no idea what it was advertising- washing machines or parachutes! :mad:

I am also extremely surprised to see that JML adverts aren't mentioned here, with the same old annoying VoiceOver, advertising overpriced plastic crap that breaks after first use. You'd even have a better chance with better ware! ;)
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Claim Today Solicitors (or something along that line). A "breaking news" advert about no win no fee claims. Looks dead cheap.
This discussion has been closed.