• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our newest acquisition, looks good! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpHGLpuA0s
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you imagine putting your name to this and not be embarrassed, esp with an accompanying picture?

Just read the first para and the last para, the rest is filler.

http://www.squawka.com/news/spurs-offer-14m-plus-roberto-soldado-in-alberto-moreno-swoop/119609?
  • South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,359
    Forum Member
    Yes indeed, you are doing very well in that department, and putting us slackers in the shade so far; I just hope that we have deals in place, but won't announce them until after the World Cup, when we get our boss on a full-time basis.

Don't worry Batdude, I'm sure you have a few more Fallainis lined up. :D
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool and Seville have reached an accord to move the remaining half foot into Anfield.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool and Seville have reached an accord to move the remaining half foot into Anfield.

Really loving how quickly we're getting our business done. It even looks like we refuse to let the Lallana situation drag, it feels like we'll just move on if we don't get him by a certain deadline.

Hopefully we'll be done before the start of August.
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reports in Spain claim that Liverpool have agreed a deal with Sevilla for the services of left-back Alberto Moreno.

Moreno will apparently fly into Liverpool next week to undergo a medical before putting pen to paper on a five-year contract at the Merseyside club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/clubcall-deal-in-place-with-sevilla
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Reports also increasing a little bit more now on us going for Xherdan Shaqiri
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LFC to host Dortmund in August friendly

Liverpool FC today confirmed a pre-season friendly fixture against German side Borussia Dortmund, to be played at Anfield on Sunday August 10.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/164486-lfc-to-host-dortmund-in-august-friendly
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    LFC to host Dortmund in August friendly

Liverpool FC today confirmed a pre-season friendly fixture against German side Borussia Dortmund, to be played at Anfield on Sunday August 10.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/164486-lfc-to-host-dortmund-in-august-friendly

How I wish we could tempt one of their centre-backs to joins us before then!
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Should be a more exciting pre-season than usual with the Dortmund friendly and the International Champions Cup we're playing in. Testing ourselves against some strong opposition. :)
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sami Hyypia, Brighton manager!
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    TheSloth wrote: »

Bit disappointed with that really as had hoped for him to come back to LFC but I guess he is nearer and it could be a stepping stone to a role at Anfield. BHA have suddenly become my fav Championship team as I love Sami and think he is one the best LFC servants I can remember representing everything which is good in the game. Oh for finding another Sami this summer - that would really make a difference to our prospects - not that I am unhappy with the recruiting so far but a low priced defensive leader like him would be awesome - harder to come by these days with the way all teams all over Europe are scouted.

Here's an unrelated random question - what ex LFC players are in the WC? - I came up with Kuyt, Aquilani, Itandje and of course Alonso - any more? any who should be and weren't selected?
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Here's an unrelated random question - what ex LFC players are in the WC? - I came up with Kuyt, Aquilani, Itandje and of course Alonso - any more? any who should be and weren't selected?

Torres? Maybe Reina?
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Kinda bemused that anyone thought sami would come back to the club as a defensive coach. First of all there is no evidence to say BR wants one and secondly even if he did why would sami go from 1st team coach/manager to a defensive coach.

Would make no sense. He loves the club no doubt but he isnt gonna go from manager to defensive coach.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll need to watch his back and have another job in the pipe-line # guspoyet
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member

A surprising choice from Sami that one. He'll have a tough job in a tough, hugely competitive league. They could push for another play-off place, but just as easily be in amongst the relegation fight. I wonder if he'll come calling looking for a loanee or two; McLaughlin, Ibe, Alberto, Ilori?
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Sammi Hyppia would of went from a Manager to a defensive coach I would of questioned whether he was really cut out for management? It would of been a ridiculous thing to do.

As for the defensive coach argument. I believe in the Manager and what his doing and if feels he doesnt need any new coach then why after last season should that be questioned. I remember when Newcastle started employing defensive coaches (Lawrenson) and didnt help much.
    'I am sure we are going to win it' ...etc with 7 or 8 games to go thus giving the ABLs plenty of reasons to mock us. Learnt any lessons there? - hope so.

Do you really care about Liverpool fans being mocked on a internet message board.

I really dont understand why its such a crime to say 'we will win the league' when it really wasnt the most unrealistic thing possible. Yes it didnt happen but it seems to me some people only want to hear the words 'we will win the league' when 38 games have been played and we are #1.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Malbren wrote: »
    I read that they want 16.2 million for him?

Now Rickie Lambert is in I would like to see us offload Aspas for a fee and not just a loan deal. Wonder if Sunderland will give us a decent bid for Borini seen as he did very well for them? Or if he'll be happy being 4th choice at LFC!

A lot of Swansea fans would love Borini back here, they are obsessed with him lol. I wouldn't mind him, he did a good job for Sunderland but I don't really get the huge love in.

A few also think we should get Aspas(!!). We wanted him when you got him, after what little I've seen o him at Liverpool I would pass. Some fans seem to think more playing time at Swansea would see him a good player, not convinced myself. Think you would struggle to sell him unless you're happy to make a big loss.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Borini did well last year. I'd definitely have him in my 25 (is it still 25?) man squad next season. He's versatile enough to cover a few positions I think.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    If Sammi Hyppia would of went from a Manager to a defensive coach I would of questioned whether he was really cut out for management? It would of been a ridiculous thing to do.

Yeah much as I'd have wanted him back I'd have questioned him taking a step down from manager.

I would like to see him in the hot seat one day though when Brendan calls it a day maybe.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of Swansea fans would love Borini back here, they are obsessed with him lol. I wouldn't mind him, he did a good job for Sunderland but I don't really get the huge love in.

A few also think we should get Aspas(!!). We wanted him when you got him, after what little I've seen o him at Liverpool I would pass. Some fans seem to think more playing time at Swansea would see him a good player, not convinced myself. Think you would struggle to sell him unless you're happy to make a big loss.

I think Borini can do a job given regular football which he wont get at Anfield so if your Swansea want to make an offer feel free :D, same with Aspas and yes I'm sure we'll happily take a big loss on him to get him off the books. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reports suggest Liverpool are Interested in Adam nope not Lallana but Johnson:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/express-interest-in-adam-johnson
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    Reports suggest Liverpool are Interested in Adam nope not Lallana but Johnson:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/express-interest-in-adam-johnson

Oh dear!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway guys back to the Liverpool supports thread and not a playground. Do I need smack each of your bottoms lol, just kidding but come one we are all adults here (I assume we are anyway)

More transfer news

Moreno jets to Merseyside

LIVERPOOL are closing in on their third signing of the summer after agreeing a £16.2million deal for Tottenham target Alberto Moreno.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/express-moreno-jets-to-merseyside

Also Steven Gerrard cut short his England training session due to a tight groin, also

Carlo Ancelotti calls Luis Suarez a fantastic player and refuses to rule out Real Madrid making a move for Liverpool frontman

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2652969/Carlo-Ancelotti-calls-Luis-Suarez-fantastic-player-refuses-rule-Real-Madrid-making-Liverpool-frontman.html#ixzz349qZgRML
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the Moreno deal is happening then.

Good signing in my opinion, will offer us something down the left and give Flannagan a chance to push Johnson, which I think Johnson needs.

Was away when the Lambert stuff broke. Didn't believe it at first. 4m is nothing in today's terms though, so decent signing.

Never heard of Can before we were linked, so unsure on that one, but have faith that Rodgers knows who he wants to bring in.

Yes, that even includes Lallana, just not for more than 20m.
This discussion has been closed.