Covert Affairs - uk pace - no spoilers

124»

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^re: Jay dead - I've never believed he was dead, even with all the many-many "yes he IS dead, really, honest guv" interviews the actor and the ptbs have given. They didn't show him in the car then explosion, all we got was boom = he be alive somewhere. QED.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    Yes. Loving this series.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^re: Jay dead - I've never believed he was dead, even with all the many-many "yes he IS dead, really, honest guv" interviews the actor and the ptbs have given. They didn't show him in the car then explosion, all we got was boom = he be alive somewhere. QED.

I don't know if I've just watched too many spy shows or it's Alias's fault but until they show a body me & everyone in my household refuses to believe a killed of character is dead! Jai is no different!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose them getting together was always on the cards, but it was surprising in a sense because there's been hardly any lead in to it. yes, we know they're close, but with a lot of US shows, you'd expect a tad more I suppose.

i'm sure that they must fly to europe for a period of time and film for a few weeks in a number of locations then film the rest back in the states. that was certainly no CGI or some random US location dressed up to look like Amsterdam. That actually was Amsterdam because I've stood in the exact spot she did!

Good series overall though - quality wise, it's certainly getting better as it goes on.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Covert Affairs
    Series 4 - 1. Vamos
    Wed 11 Sep, 9pm
    Really
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Covert Affairs
    Series 4 - 1. Vamos
    Wed 11 Sep, 9pm
    Really

Thanks Ninjy:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, looking forward to this. I'd love to know how they schedule in the foreign filming as it's clear in some episode they actually are in some of the cities or countries Annie goes to.

Either that or it's just really good staging and CGI :)
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,127
    Forum Member
    Nice, looking forward to this. I'd love to know how they schedule in the foreign filming as it's clear in some episode they actually are in some of the cities or countries Annie goes to.

Either that or it's just really good staging and CGI :)

Have been viewing the repeats on Watch and this week Annie was supposed to be in Moscow. You could tell it definitely wasn't the US even a back lot, but could have been one of many Eastern European cities they filmed in. They then just had a few shots of the Kremlin, can't remember if Annie was in shot of any of those but they could have been stock footage or filmed by a 2nd unit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Have been viewing the repeats on Watch and this week Annie was supposed to be in Moscow. You could tell it definitely wasn't the US even a back lot, but could have been one of many Eastern European cities they filmed in. They then just had a few shots of the Kremlin, can't remember if Annie was in shot of any of those but they could have been stock footage or filmed by a 2nd unit.

There was another episode I saw where she was outside Amsterdam Centraal Station and she literally was outside it as well.

I wonder if they send a full crew over to a particular European city to do some blocks of filming of scenes for different episodes. Maybe while they're there, they'll also send out a 2nd unit to travel around some cities for a few days getting some new stock footage.

I suspect from a matter of obtaining filming permits, it would be easier and cheaper to say that a 2nd unit wants to spend a few hours in your city filming a few landmarks and street shots than actually arriving with a full cast and crew.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not sure How it works but I follow both Piper Perabo and Chris Gorham on twitter and they've tweeted a few times about being in different countries

Last month they were filming in Sweden and I think one other European country I can't remember which it was

They've must have quite a big budget flying them all around the world for filming, I'd imagine it is as mentioned they fly over to Europe and visit say 3 cities for various filming for different eps
    Forum Member
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    ... I follow both Piper Perabo and Chris Gorham on twitter..
    As do I, but I'm thinking of stopping for a while due to all the plotlines they give away :mad: (Not their fault, of course!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    The last two episode of series three which were being shown on Really were pulled off air with no explanation and now they are starting series 4 from Wednesday. Anyone know when the end of series 3 will be shown. I have freeview so don't get Watch TV and I'd really like to see the end of series 3 before starting to watch series 4!!!
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Task wrote: »
    The last two episode of series three which were being shown on Really were pulled off air with no explanation and now they are starting series 4 from Wednesday. Anyone know when the end of series 3 will be shown. I have freeview so don't get Watch TV and I'd really like to see the end of series 3 before starting to watch series 4!!!

Well series three has already aired on Really so you were getting repeats of that. I've no idea why they pulled the last two and I can't find any Freeview repeats, sorry.:(
    Forum Member
    I assume there'll be a re-cap at the start of S4. Roll one Wednesday :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was series 3 that was being aired on Really I was watching earlier this year which was on late at night.
    This is the reply I've just received from UKTV (Really)

We normally schedule episodes in order, but sometimes an episode is judged to be unsuitable for pre-watershed transmission by our compliance checkers.

If we are showing the programme before the watershed, we may have to skip certain episodes (for example), to prevent risking an Ofcom fine if viewers complain.

There may be an issue with showing certain episodes if they conflict with similar shows on other channels or if we are unable to obtain the rights to that episode. We are also sensitive to current affairs and an episode may be replaced at late notice due to the topics it covers.

Where possible we show all the episodes in the right order, except that some episodes may have to be missed out. Whilst we realise this can affect the flow of the story, we do our best to maintain running order.

We have to abide by the standards required by Ofcom and our responsibility as a broadcaster. However, we understand your concerns about seeing these two episodes of Covert Affairs so will ask our programmers to consider showing them in the future.
    Forum Member
    As I have always maintained, if you have to edit a programme too much then you're showing it in the wrong slot!
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the return of annie and auggie...lots of secrets to reveal it seems..i wonder how many episodes we are gonna have to wait before we see the shooting scene again and its outcome? I like A & A together though.
  • ricinusricinus Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Nice to have this back. I miss the intro theme music though. I suppose removing it's jolly tune fits in better with the more 'serious' tone of the story.
    I don't always like it when a programme that was mainly single episode stories jumps to one long main plotline.
    Forum Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Nice to have this back. I miss the intro theme music though. I suppose removing it's jolly tune fits in better with the more 'serious' tone of the story.
    True.
    I don't always like it when a programme that was mainly single episode stories jumps to one long main plotline.
    I suppose there's arguments both for and against :)
  • lfc90lfc90 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently on tonight in uk
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't make head nor tail of the last 2 episodes, it showed Annie getting shot, then 2 eps later she's still alive :confused:

Does this resolve itself or did I miss summat :o Don't want to Google for fear of major spoilers.

Anyone got any idea please?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I can't make head nor tail of the last 2 episodes, it showed Annie getting shot, then 2 eps later she's still alive :confused:

Does this resolve itself or did I miss summat :o Don't want to Google for fear of major spoilers.

Anyone got any idea please?

I think it is safe to say it was
    a flashforward
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is safe to say it was
    a flashforward

Cheers Mr K :D
    Forum Member
    Wow!

I think that one was the "mid-season break" point in the US. Sooooo glad we're not getting one here in the UK.

What a way to "change things up" [sic] as they say in the US. It's certainly a rather different show than the one it started out as. Cannot wait for the rest of the season.