Ant-man brought forward to July 2015

13»

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well the Ant Man teaser trailer was pretty average but Im hoping that future trailers are better than that!
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Well the Ant Man teaser trailer was pretty average but Im hoping that future trailers are better than that!

felt that way myself,im hoping its not the one that breaks the run that Marvel are on
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    felt that way myself,im hoping its not the one that breaks the run that Marvel are on

While Marvel are currently doing brilliantly, don't forget that Iron Man 2 & 3 were poor enough, and Captain America & Thor were only ok so Marvel haven't had a flawless record.

While I enjoy all the Marvel films, I just hope that if Antman doesn't set the world alight at the box office, the Internet doesn't start branding it a failure and the doom of Marvel.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    While Marvel are currently doing brilliantly, don't forget that Iron Man 2 & 3 were poor enough, and Captain America & Thor were only ok so Marvel haven't had a flawless record.

While I enjoy all the Marvel films, I just hope that if Antman doesn't set the world alight at the box office, the Internet doesn't start branding it a failure and the doom of Marvel.

i actually liked Iron Man 3,its not as good as say the first one but the buddy cop feel was rather fun
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think Iron Man 3 was poor, I enjoyed it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Well it certainly succeeded at the box office but it gets mixed reviews out and about on the Internet. While some quite enjoyed it, there are those that quite disliked it.

It's just I've seen the "this could be Marvels first turkey" line said a few times on forums, and I wouldn't like it to be considered a failure if it only took in say $400m t the box office, which is more than Capt America made, and that's considered successful.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    It's just I've seen the "this could be Marvels first turkey" line said a few times on forums, and I wouldn't like it to be considered a failure if it only took in say $400m t the box office, which is more than Capt America made, and that's considered successful.
    True, but circumstances have changed somewhat since then. Post-Avengers has seen all the stand-alone releases receive significant increases in revenue. And though hurling a new property like Ant-Man into that ballpark is a little unfair, it does have the shadow of Marvel's track record hanging over it - perhaps moreso given Guardians amazing performance last summer. However, it's released post-Ultron, which should see it safely over $500m I reckon.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Oh I think Ant Man will earn decent money as it's an Marvel film but the question is will it be another Iron Man 3 (Very Average) or a new Guardians Of Galaxy (Amazing).At the moment it looks like it will be another Iron Man 3 but I hope Im wrong as we all know that Marvel can do a lot better than that!
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    Lets hope its a case of a poorly crafted trailer underselling a great movie:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Well it certainly succeeded at the box office but it gets mixed reviews out and about on the Internet. While some quite enjoyed it, there are those that quite disliked it.

It's going to be a failure whatever it does, because people will always be able to throw the "would've been better if Edgar Wright did it" line at it, and a certain group of his fans are always going to do that...
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be a failure whatever it does, because people will always be able to throw the "would've been better if Edgar Wright did it" line at it, and a certain group of his fans are always going to do that...

It's the mainstream who will determine if the movie is a success or failure, not a small group of dedicated fans. The mainstream will have no clue who Edgar Wright is.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why assume it would it do better if Wright directed, the fanboys loved Scott Pilgrim but it still wasn't a hit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Why assume it would it do better if Wright directed, the fanboys loved Scott Pilgrim but it still wasn't a hit.

Read the quote again, I said the film will fail artistically no matter, because people will always be able to throw "would've been better if Wright did it" at it, not that it actually would have been better, or that it would have made more money. (I don't think the director is important in a film like this.)