Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    People keep referring to Man Utd as just 'United' which I've noticed lately and that surprises me as growing up over the years I'd always come to understand that if ever you said 'United' people generally assumed you were talking about Cambridge Utd.
  • Options
    BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there a St David's flag on display at the ground?
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    This has to be one of the worst United performances in years, we look so flat and our passing has been poor, i just hope we can find a winner in the last 20 minutes as drawing or even losing to a league 2 team would be highly embarrassing.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    This has to be one of the worst United performances in years, we look so flat and our passing has been poor, i just hope we can find a winner in the last 20 minutes as drawing or even losing to a league 2 team would be highly embarrassing.

It's already embarrassing even if we do find a winner
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of toot this has been from us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    It's already embarrassing even if we do find a winner

True, the winner is looking increasingly unlikely.
  • Options
    bobflemmingbobflemming Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    How can Van Gaal and Giggs just sit there??!! Get off your arse and yell at the team. They can't pass and they're lacklustre. Di Maria has been woeful!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute horseshit.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well played Cambridge United.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    This United side makes Dave Sexton's look positively attack minded.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Positives: Still doing better than Moyes, still in the cup, at least we create at least one good chance these days, things will hopefully improve the longer our players play with each other.

Negatives: Dire, awful football, failure to be Cambridge is a joke, slow passing, LVG's tactics just not really working.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a load of toot this has been from us.

Couldn't agree more tonight performance has been an utter disgrace, to draw 0-0 with Cambridge United and never looking likely to score a winner just shows how far we have fallen since Fergie retired, we should be winning these type of games 2 or 3 nil at a minimum. We have spent all this money in the summer and we are no further forward, things need to dramatically improve and fast. I still think we will win the replay but this is not good enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more tonight performance has been an utter disgrace, to draw 0-0 with Cambridge United and never looking likely to score a winner just shows how far we have fallen since Fergie retired, we should be winning these type of games 2 or 3 nil at a minimum. We have spent all this money in the summer and we are no further forward, things need to dramatically improve and fast. I still think we will win the replay but this is not good enough.

Spending money and having big named players didn't stop Fergie's teams losing to Leeds and drawing 0-0 at home to non-league Exeter did though.

It wasn't a good showing, we know that, the weather hasn't helped. However, we should have won that, and I don't want to blame individuals either. Januzaj looked a little better than he had done earlier in the season, but we just don't have any natural width at the moment and that's what's costing us dearly.
  • Options
    BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,011
    Forum Member
    Absolutely woeful. Why are we so bad against these lowly teams. These are supposed to be world class players.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst bit about that was just how entirely predictable it was. Loads of possession whilst doing absolutely f**k all. No urgency, no idea.

Moyes would've been crucified for that.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Spending money and having big named players didn't stop Fergie's teams losing to Leeds and drawing 0-0 at home to non-league Exeter did though.

It was easier to let stuff like that slide under Fergie, given the fact that he used to win titles. I think Moyes has lowered the expectations greatly. Top 4 and a good cup run is what i'm hoping for. Tbh given the fact that MK Dons (I think) routed us in the league cup, i'm not expecting much in concerning the F.A Cup
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possession football is not our style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Anyone else think that this is just a United ploy to be philanthropic to Cambridge?
    We give them a replay which means lots of money to them, it's not as if our fixture list is overcrowded?

:D

Suppose they've got to get something out of the Auto Cup Scheme this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was easier to let stuff like that slide under Fergie, given the fact that he used to win titles. I think Moyes has lowered the expectations greatly. Top 4 and a good cup run is what i'm hoping for. Tbh given the fact that MK Dons (I think) routed us in the league cup, i'm not expecting much in concerning the F.A Cup

If anything those two games were worse seeing as they were both at Old Trafford. I don't want to give the conditions any more significance than it should (it was after all the same for both teams), however both teams suffered playing with it behind them, they enjoyed the better of the first half whilst we controlled the second. We created the clearer chances, we just couldn't buy a goal, they just lobbed the ball forward and hoped that one of the giants would get onto it or we'd foul them and let them have a juicy set piece.

I said before the game I just felt that dropping Rooney maybe be a mistake, and in some ways it was. We missed that drive, that passion that he has. I'm sorry, but Carrick apart from the spat at the end, where he clearly didn't foul the Cambridge player was as quiet as a mouse as captain. He didn't seem to lead the team. Can I also ask if it's just me, but Falcao's first touch is heavier than Anderson? The ball bounces off him every time and he's having to fight for the ball.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »

It wasn't a good showing, we know that, the weather hasn't helped. However, we should have won that, and I don't want to blame individuals either. Januzaj looked a little better than he had done earlier in the season, but we just don't have any natural width at the moment and that's what's costing us dearly.

That's true, in Fergie's last few years we did lose cup games that we shouldn't of done. I think the players just expect to turn up and win at places like Cambridge, lets be honest the players aren't performing anywhere near the standards that are required and things need to improve dramatically. Yes we had bad days in the Cup in the past but at least under Fergie we were always there or there about's in terms of winning championships and more often then not in the later stages of the Champions league, nowadays despite spending the best part of £200 million we could still fail to qualify for the Champions League for the second year running and we seem to be going backwards again instead of going forward.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair bit of pressure on LVG now. We've been going backwards since Boxing Day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not use poor cup results under Fergie to try and justify that tonight.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    But don't you know we played poorly under Fergie as well at times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting comment made that we are the team that has made the highest number of square balls in the Premier League.

I am not surprised. We have absolutely no pace in our attack. It's mind-blowingly pathetic.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Let's not use poor cup results under Fergie to try and justify that tonight.

Agreed. It was a stinker of a performance and we need to up our game asap.

So depressing watching Jones stumble forward and barely ever find one of his team with a pass.
This discussion has been closed.