Options

I have a doubt

abraaom1abraaom1 Posts: 759
Forum Member
✭✭
How many singers they line up to the blind auditions every series? Because when it comes close to the end the coaches become more picky and lots of contestants are sent home.

Another question I've got is: how are they put into an order? Because the first ones has clearly best chance on getting a chair than the last ones.

Comments

• Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the blind shows are only filmed over a few days, and are then edited. This is why the coaches were the same cloths.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how many singers. I'd guess around 100. There are 4 teams of 12, so 48 picked, and I'd guess around half are not picked.

[Later] According to Wikipedia, we've had 10+10+11+15 = 46 acts so far, and the coaches have picked 4+8+8+8 = 28 acts, so at that rate 79 acts will be needed. However, the proportion of acts turned for reduces as the auditions continue and each coach has fewer slots free. The final episode will get through dozens of acts without bothering to show many of them in full (and Will will be the only coach with free slots). Also, when all the slots are filled, presumably there are some acts left over who never get to audition at all. 100 seems like a nice round number for the total available.

[Even later] In year 1 (2012), 11+16+17+13 = 57 acts auditioned. Year 2 had 10+12+11+12+20+19 = 84. Year 3 had 9+9+12+13+14+15+18 = 90. I think this year we have 7 audition episodes again, so we'll probably see around 90 acts again.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't showing the acts in the order they performed at all. However, its true to say the coaches, apart from Will, were trigger happy at the start, then got more picky. There's a earlier thread about how few spaces were left at the last recordings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Fairly sure for the last session it was only Tom and Will that had spaces left.
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During S1 of the Voice US, they ran out of singers, so a few got to reaudition.

One poor girl was rejected twice. :(
  • Options
    Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During S1 of the Voice US, they ran out of singers, so a few got to reaudition.

One poor girl was rejected twice. :(

Now that is amazing, considering the massive population of the States. :o
  • Options
    r1verr1ver Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    In series 1 and 2, there were 80 acts at the blind auditions...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    r1ver wrote: »
    In series 1 and 2, there were 80 acts at the blind auditions...
    Wikipedia lists 84 that we saw in series 2. (Only 57 in series 1, so there may have been another 23 we didn't see.)
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Thom001 wrote: »

It is but I think at the same time The Voice was such an unknown entity. It was obviously big in its home country which is Netherlands I believe.

Outside of that The Voice US is probably a huge reason for the global expansion of "The Voice" brand.

Im guessing maybe the producers misjudged how many they would need or they didn't have the volume due to it being unknown field for the most part at the time.

I suppose it depends on how big the names of Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Cee Lo Green & Christina Aguleira were with the time they had to promote who the coaches were before the auditions took place.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The blinds are only filmed for a few days then are edited 😊
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Only 70 contestants make the blinds
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mercedez22 wrote: »
    Only 70 contestants make the blinds
    We've already established that 90 singers made the blinds last year. :confused: Their names are listed on Wikipedia. Are you saying that's wrong? Where do you get 70 from?
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thom001 wrote: »

The Blind Audition pool is finite, regardless of the population!

I think the coaches were a bit pickier than the producers expected. The premise is that all the singers who get in front of the coaches are good enough. It's personal preference that rules the day.

The first few US seasons, there were NO open calls. All the contestants were scouted and invited. Now the show is too popular and they had to open up the process.