Duff 2nd HDR box - repair by Humax / 3rd party?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
Forum Member
Hi all,

I got a second HDR box which is stuck on BOOT; been like that for months and lying in my wardrobe. Had been working great but gave up the ghost about 18 months ago when / just after an OTA update, I was one of the first to get the box I guess.

Search online form time to time for HDR "stuck on BOOT" topics but none work.

I cannot find my bill, so cannot return for warranty (?) so am looking for a repairer based somewhere preferably in ireland. Anyone know of anyone able to fix the box, would like it working for another tv setup in the house.

Regards,

HPMan

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried flashing the firmware by usb ?
  • carvellcarvell Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You won't find anyone that will repair something like that.

You shouldn't need your receipt for a warranty claim. Try it - there's nothing to lose.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    carvell wrote: »
    You won't find anyone that will repair something like that.

You shouldn't need your receipt for a warranty claim. Try it - there's nothing to lose.

You don't need an actual receipt, but you do need proof of purchase - if you paid by cheque or credit card, then your statement is proof (but only to the retailer, who you should refer to anyway).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If updating by USB flash doesn't work and the box doesn't start up then there is possibly a problem either with the boot loader or with the flash that stores the set-top boxes software. Check with Humax customer services and they may be able to find a solution, otherwise return the product to your retailer for a warranty replacement.

For security reasons no third-party other than Humax and their appointed service facility can fix a problem with the flash software image.