Corrie 20/01/14: It's The End....But The Moment Has Been Prepared For

Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,428
Forum Member
Cobbleheads! :)

Welcome to the first Corrie thread of the week.

Thanks to Aggie and dullagj2 for the last two episodes threads.

Hope you all had a good weekend and a stress-free Monday if you’ve been working today.

Tonight’s episode title comes from the last Tom Baker story, “Logopolis” which I thought was appropriate given the events that are going to unfold in tonight’s two episodes.

You’re all probably aware that we’re about to say goodbye to one of the Street’s best loved characters so you may need a hankie or two at the ready.

Full details regarding tonight's episodes can, as always, be found by clicking below.

First Episode
Struggling out of bed, Hayley is determined that today is to be her last. Sitting in the café, Hayley tells Roy that she wants to see Fiz, Tyrone and the rest of the family.

Oblivious to the real reason they've been called round, Fiz and Tyrone happily reminisce about the past - but this is agony for Roy who knows Hayley intends to kill herself.

Meanwhile, Eva wants to hear all about Stella's date with Dev, but Stella is coy and assures Eva that he's just a friend. With Nick's encouragement, Leanne goes to make up with Stella. Can they put their row behind them?

Elsewhere, Sally is upset that her gold watch was in the handbag which Maddie stole from the soup kitchen, so Tim asks Sophie to tackle Maddie.

Also, Chesney asks Sinead to move in with him.

Finally, Gloria suggests to Dennis that it's time they organised another concert, much to Rita's annoyance.

Writer: Debbie Oates

Second Episode
Still determined that today will be her last day, Hayley silently looks out of the flat window as the world goes about its business. Ironing Roy's best shirt, she asks him to wear it to her funeral. Clearly pained at the idea, Roy asks Hayley to reconsider, but Hayley's mind is made up.

Realising with dread that the time has come, Roy helps Hayley into bed, but they're disturbed when Tyrone calls round looking for Ruby's toy kangaroo. Sensing things aren't right, Anna shuts the café and sits alone in the dark.
Upstairs, Hayley prepares to take her lethal cocktail, telling Roy that he must not touch the glass or have any part in it. Soon afterwards, Hayley slips away with Roy at her side.

Meanwhile, Chesney and Sinead are excited about living together in Number 5.

Elsewhere, Dennis and Gloria discuss their concert plans.

Writer: Chris Fewtrell

Discuss here! :D:):D

Comments

• Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,428
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the third Corrie Challenge score update for January.

Last week Major Chudley climbed from tenth place to the Top Spot.

Here’s how things stand at the moment:-

{} Last week’s chart position is in brackets
    () Points increase since last week is in brackets

{15} 01) Carla's Cheekbones [Man: dullagj2] – 196 points (+82)
    {06} 02) Norris and his Gobstoppers [Man: Beaurepaire] – 172 points (+68)
    {21} 03) Corriechristmaswonders [Man: kwynne42] – 189 points (+79)
    {02} 04) Taser Tracy Today [Man: newlampwick] – 187 points (+52)
    {13} 05) The Woodentops [Man: lotty27] – 185 points (+68)

{14} 06) First Timer [Man: ps1982] – 183 points (+68)
    {01} 07) Vicars and Tarts [Man: Major Chudley] – 182 points (+43)
    {03} 08) The Violators [Man: MsWilder11] – 181 points (+48)
    {09} 09) Untitled User [Man: JR_THE LEGEND] - 175 points (+53)
    {08} 10) Gail's Olive Suppliers [Man: Seymour Butts] – 175 points (+52)

{05} 11) No Name [Man: Lewi26] – 174 points (+45)
    {04} 12) Roy's Rollers [Man: Lynchpin] – 172 points (+39)
    {24} 13) brb's Bistro Bonanza [Man: brb] – 165 points (+59)
    {22} 14) David’s Army [Man: Cuishla] – 165 points (+57)
    {07} 15) Jump's Corrie Watch [Man: JumptheQueue] – 165 points (+32)

{18} 16) Better Call Saul-phie [Man: Belligerence] – 164 points (+52)
    {17} 17) Simon’s Disciples [Man: Oldnjaded] - 164 points (+51)
    {23} 18) Roy Derails The Rolls [Man: FM Lover] – 163 points (+56)
    {11} 19) Norris With Attitude [Man: SMIDSYmk2] – 162 points (+41)
    {20} 20) The Stuffed Marrows: [Man: AppleCobbler123] – 161 points (+49)

{26} 21) Croppers Cripplers [Man: Little Leigh] – 157 points (+56)
    {19} 22) Bornadick's Un-quality Street [Man: CollieWobbles] – 156 points (+44)
    {12} 23) Roy Division [Man: Justonecornetto] – 154 points (+36)
    {10} 24) Bettabuys [Man: mccaffep] – 150 points (+28)
    {29} 25) Roy's Rollers [Man: SULLA] – 148 points (+68)

{25} 26) Jason Grimshaw’s Whoppers [Man: agatha_crispies] – 146 points (+41)
    {16} 27) Eva's Beg Tets [Man: rhumble] – 145 points (+31)
    {28} 28) Tracy Barlow's Angels [Man: SoapAddict101] – 134 points (+39)
    {27} 29) Craig’s Corrie Chums [Man: cragsby] – 127 points (+31)
    {30} 30) No Name [Man: d0lphin] – 95 points (+37)

{31} 31) No Name [Man: prehensile] – 82 points (+38)

Congratulations to dullagj2 who climbs 14 place to snatch the Top spot thanks to the fact he gets the biggest points increase of the week.

Congratulations to kwynne42 who is the highest climber of the week with an eighteen place leap from 21st to 3rd.

And well done to SULLA, Little Leigh, FM Lover, Belligerence, Cuishla, brb, ps1982, lotty27 and Beaurepaire who all climb the chart this week as well.

The maximum possible score this month is 209 points from the following “Dream Team”.

01) Carla – 24 (x2) = 48 points
    02=) Hayley – 23 points
    02=) Roy - 23 points
    04) Peter – 22 points
    05) Liz – 16 points

06) Nick – 15 points
    07=) Eileen – 14 points
    07=) Todd – 14 points
    09) Tina – 13 points
    10) Leanne – 11 points
    11=) Eva / Marcus / Maria / Stella –10 points
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita, how come u don't write episode reviews anymore? I enjoyed reading 'em :( lol
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Love the Logopolis quote - best ever last line of a Doctor.
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    Rita, how come u don't write episode reviews anymore? I enjoyed reading 'em :( lol

I'd probably end up being unremittingly negative if I did.

When I used to do them on a regular basis there was usually at least one storyline I was interested in and enjoyed seeing how it developed.

But, Corrie's got to a point now where I'm not really enjoying any of it.

I still love characters like Gail, Roy, Hayley, Mary, Eileen, Rita, Carla etc but the material that they're given to work with leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

In fact I'd probably say this is the closest I've come to switching off altogether.

The only things that are keeping me watching at the moment are the Corrie Challenge game which I run and the hope that Corrie will turn a corner and get back to what I know it is capable of.

I want to see stories that engage my interest and make me feel something for the characters. Unfortunately most of them don't at the moment.

There are still little nuggets of enjoyment here and there eg: Hayley's words to Tracy last Friday and her chat with Carla at Underworld but there's an awful lot of work that needs to be done to get Corrie back to the top of its game.

Unfortunately I fear SB isn't the man for the job.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh.. that's totally understandable :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I'll be able to watch. I've seen a very close family member die from it so it might be too sad for me. Great thread though. Thanks
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw crap! I've fallen a bit in t'Challenge :( Then again, I haven't got much faith in my team anyway!

Hi folks *waves* Ta for thread/challenge RK :)

I was disillusioned with Hayley's stuff ages ago, so I probably won't need heaps of Kleenex tonight. That being said, if I do get a bit teary eyed then it'll likely be down to Roy because David Neilson is the only redeeming feature in the whole story.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley's going to regenerate into Peter Davidson?! O_O
    Forum Member
    Hayley's going to regenerate into Peter Davidson?! O_O

That depends on whether The Watcher is there to be absorbed before the regeneration kicks in....... ;-);-);-):D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Roy (well, the actor) used to be a really bad actor :P Good that he's improved.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gosh, don't they all look young? :o:o Aww, the start of 14 years together.:)

Evening again, RK and well done again, dj - top in ED as well. 'Tis a fix. >:(;-)

I probs won't post much tonight - I want to be 'in the zone' for this and I can't type and wipe the tears away at the same time. :cry:
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening again RK ;-)

Hello there Cobbleheads :D
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all:) thanks again RK:D

Not looking forward to tonight's episodes at all:(:(
  • BeaurepaireBeaurepaire Posts: 13,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all and thanks for the thread RK :)

Second in the challenge. Is it correct because the figures do not seem right :blush:
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member

Audrey's hair:o

Hayley wearing her scarf to hide her Adam's Apple.

Maxine:)

Thank you forthe thread, so looking forward to tonight's episodes.
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thoughtful thread, Rita!

Good evening everyone.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh thats lovely :) made me smile also Roy and Hayley are still wearing the same coats, must have been very good quality to last 15years ;-)
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the third Corrie Challenge score update for January.

Last week Major Chudley climbed from tenth place to the Top Spot.

Here’s how things stand at the moment:-

{} Last week’s chart position is in brackets
    () Points increase since last week is in brackets

{15} 01) Carla's Cheekbones [Man: dullagj2] – 196 points (+82)
    {06} 02) Norris and his Gobstoppers [Man: Beaurepaire] – 172 points (+68)
    {21} 03) Corriechristmaswonders [Man: kwynne42] – 189 points (+79)
    {02} 04) Taser Tracy Today [Man: newlampwick] – 187 points (+52)
    {13} 05) The Woodentops [Man: lotty27] – 185 points (+68)

Congratulations to dullagj2 who climbs 14 place to snatch the Top spot thanks to the fact he gets the biggest points increase of the week.

Congratulations to kwynne42 who is the highest climber of the week with an eighteen place leap from 21st to 3rd.

And well done to SULLA, Little Leigh, FM Lover, Belligerence, Cuishla, brb, ps1982, lotty27 and Beaurepaire who all climb the chart this week as well.

The maximum possible score this month is 209 points from the following “Dream Team”.

01) Carla – 24 (x2) = 48 points
    02=) Hayley – 23 points
    02=) Roy - 23 points
    04) Peter – 22 points
    05) Liz – 16 points

06) Nick – 15 points
    07=) Eileen – 14 points
    07=) Todd – 14 points
    09) Tina – 13 points
    10) Leanne – 11 points
    11=) Eva / Marcus / Maria / Stella –10 points
    WTF! I wasn't expecting that. :o

Great start to the thread RK. Love the title. :cool:
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Gosh, don't they all look young? ::o Aww, the start of 14 years together.:

Evening again, RK and well done again, dj - top in ED as well. 'Tis a fix. >:(;-)

I probs won't post much tonight - I want to be 'in the zone' for this and I can't type and wipe the tears away at the same time. :cry:
    Thanks Jade. :) **runs to the ED thread**

I think tonight's episodes will be the best this year. The clips I've seen have been brilliant. (Hayley trying to do the ironing/her with Roy)I also think they might silence some of the story's critics. ;-)

Nice to see two of my fave writers writing tonight. Debbie wrote Becky's exit and Chris wrote Lewis' exit last year. ie they've written the best 2 exits over the past 2 years.

Excited and nervous for tonight's show. I try not to cry at tv but I'm a sensitive soul so I'll be watching alone. :blush:

Julie Hes is going to give the performance of her life. These episodes will go down in the show's history and I think it's apt that the character is leaving as she arrived, controversially.

The aftermath also looks great. Poor Roy's going to be missing his left arm after tonight. :(

Evening all.
    Forum Member

Second in the challenge. Is it correct because the figures do not seem right :blush:

Yes you are second. Sorry about the score typo. It should be 192 rather than 172.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all and thanks for the thread RK :)

:o:o You're such a cheat Beau. :D:D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think i'll be tear free tonight. The right to die aspect has ruined this whole storyline for me. I don't like the fact that Hayley wishes to commit suicide. I don't know what was wrong with her slipping away naturally. That would have been much more real.
  • BeaurepaireBeaurepaire Posts: 13,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes you are second. Sorry about the score typo. It should be 192 rather than 172.

Nice one :)

Will not post during Corrie tonight because of the nature of the episodes. Going to be very sad :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member

That's great really enjoyed it, can't believe Hayley has had the same coat for 16 years!

That was the era when I used to fancy Steve Macdonald :blush:
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think i'll be tear free tonight. The right to die aspect has ruined this whole storyline for me. I don't like the fact that Hayley wishes to commit suicide. I don't know what was wrong with her slipping away naturally. That would have been much more real.

My sentiments exactly, JR. We sound like right heartless sods! :D