Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Why is the season pass almost £10 more expensive on PS3 than 360? £41.99 has got to be a misprice? :eek: I though it was going to be £34.99?
    Just noticed we have a Store option now on the menu.

Yeah... £41.99. They can jog on.

A saving of £1 per map pack against PS3 map pack cost of £11.49.

Not forgetting you'll get it a month later than Xbox, who will only pay £8.75 per map pack via Season Pass and £9.99 without.

Saving £1 per 3 months isn't that good, especially without knowing what you're actually buying.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Can't believe i'm saying this, but i think i'll get the season pass. You can pick up 4200 points for £30 these days, and Treyarch have always released good maps previously.

Even if i'm not into the maps,i'll be in for the extra zombie content.

All i want now are reboots of Firing Range, Launch and Summit.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MSMC - finally a gun I can mow people down with when rushing!

Worth a shot if you've not used it before. Finally got my 100 headshots with the PDW so was able to move on!

Aftermath is the worst map ever. I'd take Interchange over that thing.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Took a few days off from this. Sad to see this game is still an awful mess of horrific spawns (partly due to smaller and more confined maps) and lag compensation. Back to Hitman for the week before I likely trade this for Far Cry 3, which has been getting stunning reviews.

£33 trade-in at CEX. That's where mine's heading off to tomorrow. Too many games on the backburner already for this sh*te to take up valuable time.

Played BlOps1 earlier - You seriously have to question how the team that produced that, came up with this complete mess of a game.
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    All i want now are reboots of Firing Range, Launch and Summit.:D

Forget reboots - I played Firing Range, Launch and Summit tonight on BlOps - far superior to any and all maps on BlOps2. Add Kowloon to those as well - awesome.
    Forum Member
    Anyone with a low-ping connection and constantly getting destroyed, this will probably seem familiar;

Lag Comp
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Forget reboots - I played Firing Range, Launch and Summit tonight on BlOps - far superior to any and all maps on BlOps2. Add Kowloon to those as well - awesome.

Kowloon was a dlc map wasn't it? There's still hope.

I quite like the maps in Black:ops 2.Once they sort out the spawns they'll be even better. Yemen, Cargo, Plaza,Slums, Carrier and Express are all favourites of mine.I also think Hijack has the potential to be a good map, all they need to do is make it so you spawn in the tunnel or at the other end of the boat when people are spawn killing/trapping you.

One map i really hate is overflow as its way too easy to get grenades at the B object from your spawn point when playing domination and it seems to carry more quick scopers than other maps.

I'd like to hate Standoff aswell as i'm yet to get a good score on that map, i always seem get flanked by a runner and gunner, but i quite like the layout and i can see that it's well designed.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I played a couple of games of Demo on Black Ops 1 on Stadium. I think that is what I will be going back to now, I might trade Black Ops 2 in for either cash (if GAME still do this?) and recoup some money. Or trade it in for FIFA 13 for the wee bro's Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    MSMC - finally a gun I can mow people down with when rushing!

Worth a shot if you've not used it before. Finally got my 100 headshots with the PDW so was able to move on!

Aftermath is the worst map ever. I'd take Interchange over that thing.

Yeah I like using the MSMC (until I unlock the Skorpion Evo) then ill move onto that. Its supposed to be the best in the group. Here's hoping
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Kowloon was a dlc map wasn't it? There's still hope.

I quite like the maps in Black:ops 2.Once they sort out the spawns they'll be even better. Yemen, Cargo, Plaza,Slums, Carrier and Express are all favourites of mine.I also think Hijack has the potential to be a good map, all they need to do is make it so you spawn in the tunnel or at the other end of the boat when people are spawn killing/trapping you.

One map i really hate is overflow as its way too easy to get grenades at the B object from your spawn point when playing domination and it seems to carry more quick scopers than other maps.

I'd like to hate Standoff aswell as i'm yet to get a good score on that map, i always seem get flanked by a runner and gunner, but i quite like the layout and i can see that it's well designed.

Yeah, Kowloon was a DLC map - BlOps1 had some really great maps - even the DLC ones. I liked some of the maps in MW3, but the DLC maps were just f*cking terrible.

Hanger was another good one, and Berlin Wall. They were DLC too.

BlOps2 maps - I do like them, but many of them play atrociously. Also, whilst they've taken onboard the feedback around map sizes, they seem to have sacrificed 'variety'. They all appear to be similar sized, there's certainly no large maps.
    PinSarla wrote: »
    Yeah I played a couple of games of Demo on Black Ops 1 on Stadium. I think that is what I will be going back to now, I might trade Black Ops 2 in for either cash (if GAME still do this?) and recoup some money. Or trade it in for FIFA 13 for the wee bro's Christmas.

Stadium was great. Small, tight, but great, much like Shipment from CoD4. There's nothing wrong with small maps when they work well. Many of BlOps2's small maps, just don't work well. Perhaps they will when they (hopefully) fix the terrible spawning issues, but tbh, that ain't going to fix headglitching and quickscoping.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Kowloon was a DLC map - BlOps1 had some really great maps - even the DLC ones. I liked some of the maps in MW3, but the DLC maps were just f*cking terrible.

Hanger was another good one, and Berlin Wall. They were DLC too.

BlOps2 maps - I do like them, but many of them play atrociously. Also, whilst they've taken onboard the feedback around map sizes, they seem to have sacrificed 'variety'. They all appear to be similar sized, there's certainly no large maps.

Stadium was great. Small, tight, but great, much like Shipment from CoD4. There's nothing wrong with small maps when they work well. Many of BlOps2's small maps, just don't work well. Perhaps they will when they (hopefully) fix the terrible spawning issues, but tbh, that ain't going to fix headglitching and quickscoping.

Got to agree, Blops 1 maps great. I can't think of any bad one or one I didn't like apart from Crisis.

For me, Blops 1 was CoD at it's peak, it's best.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Just noticed we have a Store option now on the menu.

Yeah... £41.99. They can jog on.

A saving of £1 per map pack against PS3 map pack cost of £11.49.

Not forgetting you'll get it a month later than Xbox, who will only pay £8.75 per map pack via Season Pass and £9.99 without.

Saving £1 per 3 months isn't that good, especially without knowing what you're actually buying.

Activision looking into the price on the ps store for the season pass, unless it comes down to £32, I not buying it, and IU think activision know this
    Forum Member
    Got to agree, Blops 1 maps great. I can't think of any bad one or one I didn't like apart from Crisis.

For me, Blops 1 was CoD at it's peak, it's best.

IMO, BlOps1 is still the only worthy successor to CoD4 - all the rest have been disappointing to varying degrees.

CoD seems to be going down the Star Trek movies route of being either brilliant, or woeful;

Brilliant - CoD, CoD2, CoD4, MW2, BlOps
    Woeful - CoD3, W@W, MW3, BlOps2
  • terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for me -- modern warfare 2 was the peak of the Cod series

the online population is still strong to this day.

loved the maps and IMO -- the graphics and sounds were better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now running around with the Skorpion and it's fast as **** lol. I tried using the sniper rifle's but find them too slow.
    Forum Member
    MW2 never reached its full potential IMO, as it was hampered by some glaringly obvious irritations - OMA noob-tubers, akimbo 1887 freaks and billy whizz commando knifers being the worst offenders.

CoD4 had a few problems too - Juggernaut, Martydom and 3xfrag, but tbh, those all pale into insignificance when compared with the above.

Plus, CoD4's maps have still to be bettered - Crossfire, Overgrown, Crash, Strike - just unbeatable.

Something else I noticed - how easy is it to get gold camos these days? I preferred CoD4's unlock mechanism for gold - every challenge, with every weapon, within that class.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tokenting wrote: »

Mod 2 is hacked to death. Don't get me wrong. I still play the occasional TDM but the fun has gone for me.
    Forum Member
    I'm now running around with the Skorpion and it's fast as **** lol. I tried using the sniper rifle's but find them too slow.

I spent most of yesterday doing that - SKorpion + Reflex + Lightweight, Toughness, Fast Hands, Dexterity & Extreme Conditioning.

It works really well, but after a day I'm bored to f*ck of having to play that style of game in order to do well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree.

Though I'm actually mostly enjoying BO2 after hating MW3 and BO1. If they sort the spawns out and the lag on PS3 even better.

I just wish they'd make more maps like MW2's. So you can climb on things and the like.
  • terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mod 2 is hacked to death. Don't get me wrong. I still play the occasional TDM but the fun has gone for me.

i stopped playing because of the hackers too -- so annoying.

BO2 is the only half decent thing in the Cod series since MW2 and im quite liking it , the customization options deserves a big thumbs up -- i have 3 attachments on my primary weapon which i find very satisfying.

would be cool if treyach could do some kind of update to play on legacy MW2 maps
    Forum Member
    would be cool if treyach could do some kind of update to play on legacy MW2 maps

Won't happen. Revamped BlOps maps is far more likely, ie. Nuketown.
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent most of yesterday doing that - SKorpion + Reflex + Lightweight, Toughness, Fast Hands, Dexterity & Extreme Conditioning.

It works really well, but after a day I'm bored to f*ck of having to play that style of game in order to do well.

Can't wait to try this. What level does the Scorpion unlock @? I am currently lvl 31 (no prestige).
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Im near prestiege 2 but dont think I will bother for a while starting again. I only did it the 1st time for the 50 gamerscore. Also I dont really see the point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Titan9 wrote: »
    Can't wait to try this. What level does the Scorpion unlock @? I am currently lvl 31 (no prestige).

lvl 46
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lvl 46

That'll take ages. I suppose there will be a double xp weekend sometime during xmas.